• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 12 March 5th!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Still looking for a teammate. Anyone that needs one, just let me know.

If you're still looking for a teammate Cosmo, wanna team?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
wow im dumb as hell i kept saying grand central station but isnt that in NYC?? LOL

i meant union station... anyone kno where theres a train that can take me from union station area to downers grove? jnolan said he could give me a ride from there :D

ORLY

Smash Master
Quaz and Dart are my saviors. MMs back on, boys. Add Gooey, BP, and Vorheese to the list. $2 each, my brothers.

In case DarkBlueYoshi and SaveTheQueen missed it, $2 Falcon v. whomever you use. My car may be scared of you, but Douglas J. isn't.

BunBun

Smash Master
You don't know how much I like yelling at people.

But yeah, see if you can grab some sort of horn, or else I'll be forced to use the Vuvuzela

dmac

Smash Champion
"Since the real St. Patrick's Day often falls within the University's Spring Break, local bars often celebrate "Unofficial St. Patrick's Day" the 2nd Friday before. The event goes off much like a normal St. Patrick's Day, and attracts party animals from all over Illinois and other Big Ten schools. Be aware of it if you plan to travel to Champaign-Urbana in early to mid-March as it parking can be scarce and drunk driving checkpoints are common." -wiki

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/co...11-03-03/police-ready-monster-unofficial.html

and we'll be playin video games! :(

Tink

Smash Hero
dekuuuu, whats parking going to be looking like for the venue? you think that parking garage might be full? and if so, anyway to get a little map thing on where more free parking garages are?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
I didn't intentionally schedule it for unofficial. Unofficial is a week earlier than usual this year.

The only thing it concerns is the parking. There won't even be that many people out on the streets because everyone is too burnt out from friday.

The OP has stuff for parking BTW (its spoilered.. SWF has the dumbest spoiler tag system)

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
Andy what are you talking about? You can park at E-14 overnight.
http://www.parking.illinois.edu/overnightparkingonweekends.htm

if the parking garages are full around the venue then your best bet is to drive around and look for parking that is free on weekends. I put E-14 as a last resort because there is no way E-14 will be full. Also E-14 is a 15-20 minute walk from the venue so only do it if its your last choice.

Don't try parking at businesses either.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
you are right in that E-14 is reallyyyy far

its my fault for scheduling it this day (although its impossible to tell what day unofficial is until about 1 month b4), but hopefully the garages won't be full.
if you do end up parking far away, make sure you drop off your stuff first so you don't have to carry it

Dont let it deter you! it really will not be a problem :):):)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Andy what are you talking about? You can park at E-14 overnight.
http://www.parking.illinois.edu/overnightparkingonweekends.htm

DERP DERP IM ANDY I THINK I KNOW EVERYTHING

if the parking garages are full around the venue then your best bet is to drive around and look for parking that is free on weekends. I put E-14 as a last resort because there is no way E-14 will be full. Also E-14 is a 15-20 minute walk from the venue so only do it if its your last choice.

Don't try parking at businesses either.
Hey, you edited your post to make it even more derisory.

Tink

Smash Hero
yo, i may be the only high guy trying to figure out this map, but it just confuses me more :/....any way u can just make a directions post from the main parking lot to these other ones? make it alot easier.

edit: alright, nevermind...im just stupid :/....shouldnt be too hard....heres to hoping the main lots open tho :/....best parking ever.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
Yeah I mean there are tons of lots all around campus, but I can't give you directions to them because I have no idea which ones will have spots.

just make sure where you end up parking there is one of those blue signs that says

ENFORCED MONDAY-FRIDAY
then you're golden

Top Bottom