• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I know it's possible to do both, but the problem is that [MOST of the time] you end up getting someone on the mic who either decides to commentate and be garbage (guilty) or talk to the stream the whole time [or even part of the time] and while that's nice and all, you're left with ****ty audio for good matches.

Again, there are exceptions...not everyone is exceptional though >_>

Scar

#HarveyDent
Teams Results

1: The Arabian Knight and the Stage Hazard that Knees You (Scar + Hax) ($310.00)
2: G$ + Alukard ($100.00)
3: JMan + Tag ($50.00)
4: Eggm + Swift
5: CyberCocks and the Inverse Overbite (Tope + Cyrain)
5: Frodo and Neo's Excellent Adventure (Cactuar + DoH)
7: Backdoor Sluts 9 (Tec0 + VaNz)
7: HBK + Hazzard
9: Velocity + Tipman
9: Mike $ + Spawn
9: IT'S PIKACHU!!!!!!!! (Mogwai + DJN)
9: Group Sharks (Honey Badger + Animal)
13: Chris Benoit's Son Didn't Tap Out (Prog + CanISmash)
13: Anon + Sheik (Anon + Sheik)
13: Geno Whirl (Lake + Vudujin)
13: Beef Jerkey (Dot + Will)
17: Brooklynites (Kashan + Grey Fox)
17: Carlos + Kurt
17: Part + Parcel 2.0 (Chibo + Mitri)
17: Ben + Crismas
17: CopyCat + Sneak
17: Ultimascout + Wes
17: Scar's a Little Peesha **** ****** that ****in Blows, I ****in Hate that Kid. Cause he Blows. (Gotm + Paul)

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'll post an early shoutout. It won't be a typical Kasumi shoutout, since I totally forgot the majority of the names/tags I gathered which is not typical for me. Also a lot of the time I didn't even ask who I was playing... I'm kinda disappointed about that, but I'll do my best. I played almost nothing but Doc the entire day, have a mustache, bushy hair and was wearing a light blue long sleeve shirt. In case someone wants to shout me out who didn't know my board name.

To Eggm, and the people who were using/wanted to use my cube when I had to take it: I'm very sorry. I came in Rin's car with two other guys who play this who expressed interest in the tourney, but they basically played a few matches and left for the duration of the time Rin and I were there. When they got back they were absolutely bent on leaving right that moment. I would've stayed for finals if I could. I'm pretty mad I am (currently) missing a lot of the singles bracket.

Early in the day Saga

I played teams with Rin (Marth main, green plain shirt), and this Falcon player who teamed with a Fox/Samus main we brought. He told me his tag and I forgot.

To that guy: You were fun to play with. You brought the hype, and sounded like you were having a lot of fun.

I also played some people... who I don't remember at all. I could shout you out by who you played... I think it was Gray Fox and someone else? Sorry if that's not you :( And we even had a conversation about you guys being from New York. I'm mad I can't remember.

I teamed with someone for friendlies and I lost some games for us... sorry.

Someone asked me my name, I said KCS or Kasumi. You said which one etc. I asked you for your name, and forgot it. I'm gonna guess Ben. I played a Ben, and I played a Dave. You were one of the real names, but I don't remember which :( Please correct me.

The Broken TV Saga

Broken TV: You kept me pretty entertained throughout the day. Everyone kept trying you, and I had to keep telling them you didn't work. You sure got revenge on my game cube though :laugh:

The Guy Who Tried for maybe 15 minutes early in the day to make the broken TV work: I appreciate the dedication. You seemed like a cool guy.

Change For Five Saga

Tec0 (I think that's who it was) was looking for money matches. Someone took him up on it for a dollar. He had a five, and no singles. I offered to give him change, before I realized I only had four singles...

That guy: You're nice. You must be since you were gonna take the four dollars and let me get a free dollar. But I'm not the kind of person who can let that stuff happen.

DJ Nintendo: Also only had larger bills and four singles.

The girl who helped me make change so I could give the first guy his dollar back: Thanks. I'd have felt extremely guilty getting free money, even such a small amount.

My Pool

Cactaur: Just amazing. Thanks for letting me pick any stage. That is all.

Tipman: Thanks for letting me pick any stage except Final Destination. I love your Ganondorf.

Tec7: Good Set. I think you should stick with Sheik. I think you're better with Sheik than Fox.

The rest

BNZAAA: Good seeing you again. Sorry I didn't say bye when you had to go. I cannot beat your Ice Climbers. Next time... NEXT TIME! We played some great matches. I had a lot of fun on that TV.

The Marth Player with the orange controller who played with BNZAAA Rin, and I: Don't let me john you out of your character. :) I don't really mind Marth that much. After all some of the best fun I had was on the Marth TV. Good games all around.

UltimaScout: I'll learn a high tier someday... I don't think I'm a Marth.

Scar: Great tourney as always. Sorry again about the cube. But... now that I'm home I realize the power cord we switched mine with (when the broken TV was moved) had paint on it. It's not too important but I'd like to switch it for a clean one at a future tourney. Congrats on your teams win. I got back from WaWa in the middle of the last match. **** was intense.

Vanz: That never ending tech chase you did on my Marth was mad good. I felt completely powerless against all of your characters. It just makes me wanna get better.

The jiggs player that was on that TV with Vanz and I: We've played in previous SPOCs, and I still don't know your name/tag. Let me know.

In conclusion Jman and his teammate destroyed Rin and I in teams. There's some people I forgot so feel free to call me out on that.

JFox

Smash Hero
i THINK it was

1st Jman/Cactuar
3rd tope
4th HBK
5th Tec0
5th ?
7th Scar
7th ?

That could be all wrong, but i think at least some of it is right :)

I know teczero ***** falcon today, takin out both Hax and Scar. Then he lost to Tope :(

JFox

Smash Hero
"17: Scar's a Little Peesha **** ****** that ****in Blows, I ****in Hate that Kid. Cause he Blows. (Gotm + Paul)"

i looooove gotm

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Who is Tec7.

I'm highly amused by that :laugh:.

Umm I'm freakin exhausted, so shoutouts in the results thread.

Really quick though

Vanz: Sorry bout doubles :( I felt like I dragged you down. mah bad **** next time, promise ;).

Crismas - Yaaaaaay I had maaaad fun hanging out :). Play me moar plz. You live like 10 mins from me :)

Copycat - Thanks for driving us =) <33333

Sneak - For being mad late.......

Cactuar - Out of <3. I had maaaad fun playing friendlies with you. Moar fawx dittos plz :)

Hax

Smash Champion
to everyone who had the privilege of watching me and scar in winners finals vs jman/tag aka scar and hax the movie...... you're welcome

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
to everyone who had the privilege of watching me and scar in winners finals vs jman/tag aka scar and hax the movie...... you're welcome
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Hax combos are too freakin amazing <3333

Oh and I forgot

Tope - Brooklyn Rage at you sir. I'll get you one of these days...... *shakes fist*

Alukard

Smash Hero
so ... i **** again in doubles ... but need training in singles ... help me out people !

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
prog made it home alive and with a 76 dollar ticket for parking in front of the venue to get my tv.

shoutouts after sleep

Renth

Smash Hero
Believe me when I say i'm a fan but don't be a c0cky-a$s.

Good stuff swift/scar/tipman ect!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
@ lovage
LOTS and lots was recorded. There were like 8 million recording setups

results more refined/my guess

1.Cactuar/Jman
3.Tope
4.HBK
5.Swift(money back)
5.Tec0(money back)
7. Cyrain
7. Tag(?)
9. Scar(?)
9. Hax (?)
9. Vanz(?)
9. Doh(?)

eggm and swift

beat:
Spawn/Mike$
DoH/Cactuar

Lost to:
Jman/Tag

Beat:
Tope Cyrain

Lost to:
Alukard/G$

There may be a team that we beat in winners that I am missing but I think that was it.

prog made it home alive and with a 76 dollar ticket for parking in front of the venue to get my tv.

shoutouts after sleep
mogwai got one at spoc one time. And still hasn't paid it/doesnt have plans to do so. The ticket he got ended up in my bag or something(saw it when I got back haha). I went and sat in Eggm's car while he rounded up his stuff inside. Perhaps you should try it next time as well.

Top Bottom