• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Tink

Smash Hero
loll....seriously? u are the luckiest smasher....its not like im the only one that says it....u get the most luck in a match ever.

i should be the one johning how in ever match we have, i totally outclass you with combos/style, just for me to suicide loll. u need to step it up and not let me clown on you/get close to winning while i suicide.

if ppl need any show if how lucky kelly is...boom goes the dynamite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqvkKIhcPoU# 2:24 of this match

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
why does it matter dart missed an fsmash?

he was still on track for a solid 2 stocking. hardly a luck win for kelly.

you dont win every single tourney by being lucky. kels is just legit and people are afraid of him

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...im just using that match as a situational point. that happens all the time for kelly.

ive been playing this game almost the longest in the mw right now...and ive neverrrr in my whole career seen/talked about anyone that gets more luck off of doing the wrong move, that helps him out better then the move he wanted to do -_-.

a situation happend in grand finals, at thisss tournament where kels went for a wrong read and ended up upsmashing a horrible spot that he didnt want to, but got the final kill off it -_-....he immediatly shouted in excitement that he wasnt even tryyyyying to get the upsmash he wanted.

kels is good, not saying hes not, but he also gets the most luck ive ever seen. that being said, he not unbeatable....but you have to be playing at your best to do it.

Rat

Smash Lord
football and stuff.

Also luck does exist. Somethings are 50/50s. Some times you guess where they will move. Sometimes you are just wrong. Those kind of calls do require skill (risk reward, reading, and all that.) But some **** is legitimately double blind with similar risk reward.

john!

Smash Hero
define luck. if there was a person who had an extreme amount of improbable good/bad things happen to them in their life, you could say they had a bunch of improbable coincidences... but that's basically the same thing as saying that they are lucky/unlucky. also i just posted that for fun, obviously kelly isn't cheating or anything... >_>

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Kels is the best player in the midwest
Kels is the luckiest player in the midwest
Kels is the biggest cheater in the midwest
they are synonyms...

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
kelly gets really lucky true

but he would win anyway. he gets lucky every time against me, but he would still probly take the set

(for some reason his firefox>my firefox...) LOL

Dart!

Smash Master
lol you wish. However we did do a real set in loser's bracker of the iron man match because i didn't feel like playing it and he did beat me. But ask Dart what happens when my Fox is on Fire. hahahaha good games Dart:)

Also step it up Tink. No more suicides against me. You keep bringing it up as an excuse for you losing and yet you keep doing it. I would like to just win without you complaining about you killing yourself.
yeah we money matched near the end of the singles bracket and i didn't do too well.
I can beat kels but he's just waaaay more consistent. No johns GGs kelly and thanks for setting me up for pound <3
which is why i root for you now even though you always win :p

Mundungu

Smash Lord
go to the next tournament with 4 leaf clovers and rabbit's feet.

and a box of lucky charms.

edit: i'll bring the milk

Ok, so if you were to use the term "luck", as in what everyone in the world refers to when they mean "luck", it does exist. When I say someone got lucky, like when my last upsmash kill clanks with a shine, and I get killed for it and lose the match, it's obviously just a coincidence, but I call it luck.

We aren't superstitious here obviously, we're saying that Kels happens to have favorable coincidences more often than others.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lmao they are mine forever deku:p

And this "luck" topic is too hilarious.

Just want to point one thing out though.
If you want to attribute my good fortune to other people's mistakes then maybe they should just start making less of them. It's not so much that have good luck as it is that people just make mistakes. lol I've made so many mistakes in this game and i try my best to learn from them so it doesn't happen again.

And also isn't that the point of making GF the best out of 5. idc how you put it but to keep winning hardly has anything to do with luck. Tom didn't get lucky when he beat me. he just outplayed me. Some could contribute that to luck since i rarely lose to falcon but no johns.

Everyone makes mistakes. Learn from them. Get better. Try again next time. I'll see you at the next tourney. LMAO I love this game. Tink!!!!! $mm me. What are you, chicken? lmao i had too much fun making this. People plz don't take much of the stuff i said here seriously. But don't take credit from me just because someone else ****ed up.

Kels88

Smash Lord

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
results

not enough people so we did an iron man tournament instead of doubles

1. BigD
2. Dart
3. Tink
4. Kels

singles

1. Kels
2. Tink
3. Dart
4. Rat
4. Bigd
4. ORLY

we did juggleguy's losers bracket thing and ended up with a 3 way tie for 4th
Good **** on winning Iron Man haha.

What exactly were the results of the 4th Round Losers round robin? 3-way ties happen kinda often in terms of set count, but did it happen with game count too?

Rat brings up a point that a weakness of the hybrid format is that if you lose your first set in a round-robin, it becomes pointless to keep trying. I somewhat disagree because I think the difference between 4th, 5th, and 6th is enough incentive to keep trying, and I think a more organized execution of the round-robin (force players to play all their first matches at the same time) would go a long way in improving the system. What does everyone else think about this issue specifically?

Dart!

Smash Master
It seemed more stressful to me...and i could feel my game slipping as the tourney went on. Either way is fine with me but im not going to comment on whats better.
And people really should focus on improving instead of whos "lucky"

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well, of course it was more stressful for you... you got 2nd seed and lost to Tink in 2nd round winners, giving yourself three extra sets to play in losers in order to reach losers finals. Normally someone who is a threat to make it to losers finals doesn't make such an early exit in winners =P

Dart!

Smash Master
I guess. Still the possibility of me getting second seed in a 'hard' pool would have had the same outcome.
EDIT: im looking over this post just incase i misspoke.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I can agree with that last point. Seeding for initial pools and even 1st round winners must be done very carefully. In a hypothetical disaster situation where Kels and Tink are placed in the same initial pool, a lot of **** would potentially go down in losers bracket, costing some other players opportunities to place better.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm not sure why this is a big issue, if you lose a set in the losers round robin, then you would lose a set to the same person in bracket and get the same placing. am i missing something?

ORLY

Smash Master
The format was fun but **** that was a tough final losers pool: Dart, Rat, BigD, and myself.

If I had only taken that set from Dart.. ;D

darkatma

Smash Hero
I can agree with that last point. Seeding for initial pools and even 1st round winners must be done very carefully. In a hypothetical disaster situation where Kels and Tink are placed in the same initial pool, a lot of **** would potentially go down in losers bracket, costing some other players opportunities to place better.
I'm usually pretty happy when i'm set in a pool with tink or kels
Then I know I don't have to play them in tourney for a long while

Top Bottom