• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I want to announce that there will be no march edition of this, though the april one will be at the beginning of the month, probably the 2nd.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, why no hype on this? wasnt MI suppose to come to this? well, before they said they were going to smym -_-.....i could see why it would be hard to make it to both, but defff doable.....does purdue have a tourny during this? i wanna see george again!

ORLY

Smash Master
I suppose with the attendance last time, it's pretty reasonable that there's a lack of hype.

I have an idea! Webster told me that he'd agree to combine MAS and SG (since they're on the same day) if he had a ride to and from CoD.

Is there anyone that can make this happen? It may boost attendance!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah Tink, I'd love to make it to this but same problem as last time, I don't want to split gas between just 2 (or even 3) people, especially with SMYM coming up which will cost $80-90 per person for anyone in MI when you look at gas/hotel/food/entry.

Tink

Smash Hero
that wouldnt work imo chris....the prob with that, is that it really cant hold a huge amount of setups(for melee anddd brawl)attt all...plus if theres a high yield of dnd players, it will cut even more room.

that combined with how the sveet monthly are ran "relaxed", it will defff runn way over with double entrants :/.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think we could handle double the entrants. The problem would be space, IMO. I'd be willing to try it out once, though i'm not sure if it would be a popular decision amongst the non-melee scene (i'll leave that judgement up to webster)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Webster MIGHT be moving into Kirk's house he just bought, so that would eliminate the ride problem seeing as Kirk would come for Brawl, but I really don't see it working. The space is so tight, and if we were ever to get good attendence for either game out of some random *** hype, then the other game would probably get cut for the month. 40+ melee entrants runs fine when it's just melee, but take away over half the setups, and imagine 20+ Brawl players. I don't even wanna think about 40+ brawl players trying to finish at CoD with a melee tourney too.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
50 people is the breaking point of the venue. There is no possible way it can hold more without seriously pissing some other people (D&D guys) off.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Then I hope you are looking to host smaller than normal Brawl and Melee events if you wanna run both the same day.
25 seems pretty average for SG these days, and 25 is pedestrian by Brawl standards.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, and the fact that there isnt a deal or anything with anyone at that school(we just show up and play for money pretty much), we reallllly dont need anymore attention brought on it then we already have :/.

i rememeber the last SVEET cod had an easy 35...which was honestly cutting it close, anddd at one point had the dnd ppl complaning :/.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
we had ~45 at SGNG4

The setups weren't randomly positioned. Each setup has to circle the pillars because thats the only place with power. We can realistically only fit 4-5 setups around each pillar which leaves us with a max between 15-20 setups (which is where we were at during SGNG4).

The D&D guys were pretty mad because they didn't have outlets for their laptops and their normal seating arrangements. While i had hoped, i didn't actually expect every group of people who said they were coming to actually make it. If the whole Midwest were to show up again, I would want to get a legit venue.

Rat

Smash Lord
you also ask the D&D guys if it's alright with them. I'm sure they are there every sat.

LSDX

Wah!
Dem D&D guys and their ræg.

First come first serve, all I'ma say. If ya wanna try to get a new venue, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Although, I do like our current location.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its a great venue for our regular tournaments. I might start looking into other venues. If anyone knows of anything send me a PM

Tink

Smash Hero
i like other venues, but this one has good location/space/no venue fee :/....really not gonna beat that...and if were only looking for one, becauseeee were thinking of adding brawl, i say we stop that notion right now -_-/.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i like other venues, but this one has good location/space/no venue fee :/....really not gonna beat that...and if were only looking for one, becauseeee were thinking of adding brawl, i say we stop that notion right now -_-/.
This "wise" man has given us other such gems as
lolll...yo, i love darkrain as much as the next guy(with no homo), but hes not the unstoppable darkrain of the past...and neither is xelic, for that matter -_-.

also, from that list(dart/rat/tom/chexr/vro/MI), all of these ppl have gotten extremely better because of the amount of tournaments out here vs the number of good players they get to improve on....and sorry to say, but your west side of the MW doesnt have good competition :/ atttt all. just putting it bluntly...u guys have less chances to improve at an accelerated rate.
...damn that sounded smart even though he types like a ******
trust me guys, tink doesn't know what he's talking about
a different wise man once said that tink is a "john factory"

sanchaz

Smash Lord
How about a project M tourney, something small like 5 dollars, considering the metagame is in development and everyone can have fun with newstages, characters, taunt canceling, etc.

ORLY

Smash Master
If there's projectM, I'd play it but I wouldn't put money down unless I had some time to get on friendly terms with it.

Also I'm rooting that BigD wins this since it's his last tournament before he goes to Chile. HE ALWAYS KNOWS.

Top Bottom