• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I take back my statement about the venue's capacity to hold 70 people because I forgot about the somewhat awkward placement of the outlets.

And I thought BigD was going to Chile immediately after Pound 5 weekend?

ORLY

Smash Master
Okay then maybe I don't know what date is what during this snow season.

All the days are white and boring

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
As for the power outlet issue... you all forget the magical invention which is a 'power strip'.

CoD can def. hold ~70 people, even with the DND guys. They have their section of tables like normal, leaving 3/4ths of the room to us. Just bring power strips, and the power outlet issue will no longer be an issue.

ORLY

Smash Master
The problem isn't the amount of outlets; it's how they're clustered in the pillars.

Try as you might, you probably can't get more than six comfortable set-ups per pillar.

EDIT: additionally, I loved the idea of dual set-ups for teams finals. It's neato.

DOUBLE EDIT: thinking about it more, that would give us 18-24 potential set-ups.

.. this doesn't seem all that impossible, really.

Rat

Smash Lord
ok could stack the tvs on top of each other. Then just have 2 matches at once on one side of the pillar.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
:< i wish this wasn't the same day as MAS... if it was the same day as cyber arena i'd probably come to this but yeah... sad i'll miss two in a row been a while sense i've been to a melee tournament now.

Tink

Smash Hero
someone better be bringing me cake for my birthday!

but really, this is the last big chance to practice for SMYM! everyone bring your A game to improve.

edit: im stupids :/.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
someone better be bringing me cake for my birthday!

but really, this is the last big chance to practice for SMYM! everyone bring your A game to improve.

edit: im stupids :/.
I got you a 'goodie bag' for your birthday. lol

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Why haven't I met you? You sound fun. Let's incinerate some "goodies" together at SMYM.
thumbs up george style
Were you at Sakurai 3? That was my first tourney since Sakurai 1 (used to go to the old SG series, sometimes the old Cave tournies, and a few other random ones back in the day).

Since Sakurai 3, I have only been going to the SGs. I am hoping to go to SMYM... but currently, lack a ride, and have been to lazy to look for one.

But if I do end up going, I will be glad to partake in some 'goodie bags' with you. I may even bring Darth Vaper.

Rat

Smash Lord
uh so like are people going to this? Cause if its only like 8 people that doesn't make for much of a tournament.

Rat

Smash Lord
hey tink, i don't get out of work untill 11am.

So like if you can show up @ 11:30 instead of 10:30-11 that would be faaantastic.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Don't act like there's no hype or no one's going! Then people won't go because they think there's no hype and no one's going!

w00t w00t, t0u4n3y ftw!!!!!!1!!!! pwn4g3!!!!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!

LSDX

Wah!
I'ma try 'n show up at about 10:00 to 10:30 so I can get my controller/cold hand johns out of the way.

Tink

Smash Hero
the hype is going and trying to beat kelly :p....i think everyone in the mw would like to do that.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
the hype is going and trying to beat kelly :p....i think everyone in the mw would like to do that.
nah, i don't like to lose someone that only got 13th, and then losing to someone else in the midwest that didn't make it out of pools at pound 5

Tink

Smash Hero
rat/kelly....u know the usual time ima get there....ima leave at about 10...get to kellys at 1030, then rats by 1045.

see everyone there tomorrow.

Rat

Smash Lord
rat/kelly....u know the usual time ima get there....ima leave at about 10...get to kellys at 1030, then rats by 1045.

see everyone there tomorrow.

yo. I going try to leave work early, but like I won't be home until 11:30.

So like sleep in a bit or something.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
so this is going down right? I thought the MW was active again. Or was everyone lying to me last tourney. Me and Yoru should be coming tomorrow. We are gonna be late though and miss doubles because I gotta take a test from 9-12. Hope to see everyone there.

Top Bottom