• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who it was, but who ever friendly doubles with me has to get on here who did the "F-YOU" then wall-teched into a Warlock Punch. Too good.
Yeah, just missed my Up-B after the tech. I don't remember if I reversed the Warlock Punch or not but it was probably the most godly and graceful stock I've ever lost in a friendly.

Quaz

Smash Master
Good games to everyone today

shoulda brought my setups inside so I could play against more people! I wanted to play Matt R, Ray Chun, Cosmo, Oro, Kels, Tink, sago, and uhh everyone else

Kels man you're still way too good, I'm still trying though, if I have to be the one to eventually take you out then so be it
Tink man you counter the hell outta me, I have no idea how to even fight your style =( I'l lget there though
Mendoza that samus is clutch, I'l lget you next time though
Vino you beat Mendoza Matt R and Mendoza again, almost got cosmo too! too good bro, peach vs jiggs is an annoying match up, I gotta really use patience in that one
Henrik you almost came back and won that 3rd game, ggs

I hope to see you all next Sunday.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
GGs all, fun tourney. And of course fox is easy to be good with, he's top tier.

I'll post full results soon-ish. I haven't slept yet so i'm heading to bed now.

Mundungu, do you have any time frame for the videos?

I can have the vids probably by tuesday. I didn't actually get too many matches, I do have teams loser's finals and grand finals for sure, along with a bunch of random singles matches.

Could you post the bracket somewhere so I can tell who was playing in the singles matches?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
so disappointed i didn't participate, but really glad i came and played some friendlies/spectated hardcore.
see you guys next week.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Teams:
1: Team Win (Tink & Kels) ($108.00)
2: Shanghai Noon (Rayyyy & matt) ($54.00)
3: PSFM (Sveet & Bzoo) ($18.00)
4: Pikdom (Gibby & Vino)
5: Team Grease Fire (Cosmo & Sago)
5: Punching Someone on the Train as it Passes By (Vro & DarkSonicBrawler99)

--Pools cutoff
7: Team Ian (ENG & sanchez)
7: Team Super Supreme (Skitz & McSnapple)
7: Flying Kneegles (Newmann & Spit)

Singles:
1: Kels ($174.00)
2: Cosmo ($87.00)
3: Tink ($29.00)
4: MaineCoon
5: Matt
5: Mendoza
7: Ray Chun
7: Vro
9: ORLY?
9: Sveet
9: Quaz
9: Henrick
13: Bzoo
13: The Goon Platoon
13: Mundungu
13: Mars

-- Pools cutoff
17: Gibby
17: ENG
17: JTK
17: DarkSonicBrawler99
21: Wale
21: Shawn White
21: John
21: Sanchez
25: Lo0shKiN
25: Spit
25: TDC
25: Andrew
29: McSnapple

ORLY

Smash Master
Matt R we should definitely play more. Our matches were really good, even if I almost completely gave up Falcon because of your Sheik. ;D

Vro

Smash Lord
i need more falco v sheik practice. i ended up placing as well as chun, even tho i lost to mendonza, who failed against the upset jiggs.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
And of course fox is easy to be good with, he's top tier.
such absolute bs. Fox takes such a mental strain to play with an entire tournament. He gets comboed to death by like the whole top tier. Plus he has a technical barrier not apparent in the other characters. :laugh: at sheik mains calling a character easy. The only match sheik even has trouble in is against fox.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
fox falco jiggs all murder sheik when played properly
your being mad hyperbolic. Its at the point now anyway that player skill is the hugest factor in deciding matches, not characters. Look at Amsah, he wrecked Jman. You can't blame your character for your losses, this ain't street fighter.

this also raises the question why don't you just play falco then. Your falco is good so if you feel sheik is so disadvantaged why play her?

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
lol sheik johns...

she goes at least even with every character in this game rofl
I wouldn't say that, but its not as grim as its being displayed.

imo

60/40 falco
55/45 fox

jiggs might have an advantage, IDK, I haven't played that match much. maybe ic's, but who plays them lol.
But after those 2(or 3) sheik has advantage on everyone else in the game. Everyone else. Sheik johns are so displaced its funny.

this is after playing kels for like 4 hours in these matchups. His falco was by far harder to overcome than fox. Still I don't feel the matchups are by any means hopeless.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Personally I think that the sheik puff matchup is either even or a little bit in sheiks favor...sheiks bair ftilt and downthrow slap work good against jiggz, and she's not the easiest to edgeguard.
But then again this is just from personal experience with caleb, he may just know the matchup really well

Dart

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say that, but its not as grim as its being displayed.

imo

60/40 falco
55/45 fox

jiggs might have an advantage, IDK, I haven't played that match much. maybe ic's, but who plays them lol.
But after those 2(or 3) sheik has advantage on everyone else in the game. Everyone else. Sheik johns are so displaced its funny.

this is after playing kels for like 4 hours in these matchups. His falco was by far harder to overcome than fox. Still I don't feel the matchups are by any means hopeless.
i know you weren't talking about marth but, marth vs sheik. hopeless. i think so.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
i know you weren't talking about marth but, marth vs sheik. hopeless. i think so.
I would have to say if the sheik is near the marths skill or on par its severely uphill. If the sheik is even a slightly better player tho, yes that **** is impossible lol.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
fox has no bad matchups though IMO, all at least are 50/50

and i do use falco if i cant win with sheik, that happened in two sets this tourney

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I would have to say if the sheik is near the marths skill or on par its severely uphill. If the sheik is even a slightly better player tho, yes that **** is impossible lol.
Why I no longer play marth vs ray chun.

@Mundungu: I have a MM on your recording setup. Sveet (black marth) vs Tink (white marth) for 2 games, 3rd game he plays blue fox. IIRC the time on your recording said 4h~20m

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Why I no longer play marth vs ray chun.

@Mundungu: I have a MM on your recording setup. Sveet (black marth) vs Tink (white marth) for 2 games, 3rd game he plays blue fox. IIRC the time on your recording said 4h~20m
Not toooo long ago I played an entire night of Marth v Chun and lost zero matches. Marth can own sheik if you follow a very important rule.

A rule so important that I cannot type it here.

-Zec

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lololol @ vro getting chun'd
a perfect fox has no bad matchups. A human fox has to work really hard to stay even with marf, falco, puff, samus...
let's not forget about mannondorf
also I agree with pretty much everything zeus said about matchups

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Wow, i just watch one of the Tink vs Sveet vids, all it was for 3 minutes was grab and throw off stage and try to spike and recover, repeat.

LSDX

Wah!
Singles:
1: Kels ($174.00)
2: Cosmo ($87.00)
3: Tink ($29.00)
4: MaineCoon
5: Matt
5: Mendoza
7: Ray Chun
7: Vro
9: ORLY?
9: Sveet
9: Quaz
9: Henrick
13: Bzoo
13: The Goon Platoon
13: Mundungu
13: Mars

-- Pools cutoff
17: Gibby
17: ENG
17: JTK
17: DarkSonicBrawler99
21: Wale
21: Shawn White
21: John
21: Sanchez
25: Lo0shKiN
25: Spit
25: TDC
25: Andrew
29: McSnapple
It hurts...

;-;

ORLY

Smash Master
Man, this is all so crazy. If you guys want match-up johns, play Falcon. I have to play balls out the entire time or I lose. He has no good match-up against the entire top tier. :( Sure, he can **** sometimes and it's fun as hell to do/watch happen, but openings are hard to come by at tourney level play.

john!

Smash Hero
Man, this is all so crazy. If you guys want match-up johns, play Falcon. I have to play balls out the entire time or I lose. He has no good match-up against the entire top tier. :( Sure, he can **** sometimes and it's fun as hell to do/watch happen, but openings are hard to come by at tourney level play.
Switch to a top tier char cmon! Seriously though I'm thinking of switching to Sheik or Falco because Peach also has bad MU's with the top tier (except maybe going even with Falco). Or just not giving a **** about winning and maining G&W for fun.

Quaz

Smash Master
lol actually I dont think peach is TOO bad against the other top tiers, she still sorta loses to them though IMO

btw I am VERY unhappy that set vs tink was uploaded =(

Top Bottom