• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
Man, this is all so crazy. If you guys want match-up johns, play Falcon. I have to play balls out the entire time or I lose. He has no good match-up against the entire top tier. :( Sure, he can **** sometimes and it's fun as hell to do/watch happen, but openings are hard to come by at tourney level play.
guess right, problem solved. seriously tho it all comes down to you knowing your character/the matchup better than your opponent. I've prolly played a million spacey dittos in smash. I got that matchup down imo. If I lose the other player is just better, I didn't lose becuz they picked falco and I picked fox. I still suck against marth tho, but when I lose to one I don't john about the character (even tho he is bs) I look at what went wrong and try to change it. Its pointless to complain about your character becuz they are 25 other ones if its so bad. Learn your matchups/more tricks and try again. 95% of the time, the better player simply wins. pretty much everyone in the top 12 or so is broken as all hell anyway. Choose your respective gay **** and profit.

And I can't believe ya'll complaining about peach after seeing Armada. That is what you should aspire to.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'll come to the next one is wavecheating and laghacking are banned and soul stunner is allowed with red shells on very high

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Anyone who says Jiggs destroys sheik simply doesn't know the matchup. Worst case scenario, it's 50-50. I've played a lot of good jiggs in tournies from the MW, and I've never lost to one. Chexr, Vino, Yoshii from MN. I've prob spent over 100 hours of Sheik vs Jiggs playing against Vino, it's just about knowing the match up, no way jiggs destroys sheik.

DarkSonicBrawler99

Smash Rookie
Good games everyone! I think i did really well for my first tournament, but i like this game just as much as i like Brawl so i will probably come out to more!

I didn't get to see Kels play. Was he the asian one who talked a lot?

LSDX

Wah!
What is the secret of Kels' powers? Is it that magic music box of victoriousness? The world may never know...at least not this beverage...

Kels88

Smash Lord
kels that sig is gettin' dusty i'm starting to think it'll never leave
If i don't beat him the next time we play i'm changin it anyway.
What is the secret of Kels' powers? Is it that magic music box of victoriousness? The world may never know...at least not this beverage...
It's all Sandstorm. If you listen to it you'll be beating me in no time.

Zjiin

Smash Master
First I took credit for giving Kels all the practice to get his gay playstyle down to a T. Now i'm taking credit with hooking him up with a song that is like, 20 years old and makes him play better.

Is there ANYTHING I can't do? (for Kels)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm looking into dates of the next tournament... I dont want to do it the weekend after smym (march 20th) so its either march 27th or wait until april. any thoughts?

Kels88

Smash Lord
It depends on how many people from the Chicago land area are going to SMYM. IF not many people are going then they might want a tourney to go to and making it the week after SMYM may not be so bad but if a lot of people from Chicago plan on going then they might want a little break and you could make it on the 27th.

Zjiin

Smash Master
It depends on how many people from the Chicago land area are going to SMYM. IF not many people are going then they might want a tourney to go to and making it the week after SMYM may not be so bad but if a lot of people from Chicago plan on going then they might want a little break and you could make it on the 27th.
wow kels, way to be totally unhelpful haha.

Top Bottom