• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
americans seriously get to this, the venue is ridiculous and you're gonna miss out the BIGGEST european tournament. One hell of a experience

also Jason you suck

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
Can you add ; Mono Penisguy, Datto and Gobe in the list ? ( all come from France )

Thanks !

stelzig

Smash Lord
Does the train from Gardermoen to Eidsvoll Verk really cost 56 NOK or is this for both ways? :)
Seems pretty expensive for 5 minutes. Damn airport trains and damn Norway if it is one way :p

Edit: Just noticed it says it is one way... Wow =L

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Yeah it should take only an hour or so to walk. Screw that train lol.
No, you're wrong :p
Actually that road is kinda strange, so you'd have to drive for 30 minutes (yes, drive, by CAR) to get from Gardermoen to Eidsvoll Verk. You'd have to walk the same road, so that would probably take about 4 hours by foot. This is probably one of the main reasons why they put the price that high, cuz people don't have much of a choice. You must either take the car or the train to get there.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
How fast is that train then if it only takes 5 minutes? o_O
Or maybe all the other roads are excessively long detours.
It's not the train that is fast, it's just the roads there who are ****ed up :p
Kinda like the most ****ed up Mario Kart stage but in real life.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Whaaat? It's just 30.. It's been 30 kr (28 till now) for the whole upper Romerike since october.. (Which both stations lie in)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Whaaat? It's just 30.. It's been 30 kr (28 till now) for the whole upper Romerike since october.. (Which both stations lie in)
Not according to their homepage and my memories from earlier trips.
However, I am aware that they have altered the price structure, but if it costs 30 NOK now, I suppose they haven't updated their homepage then?

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
30 kr one way, 60 kr total both ways between Gardermoen and the tournament - is the current now. As NSB.no says when you search for the ride. I'm certain.

Zone

Smash Champion
If I can convince a USA player to come with me I want to make this.

Let me start asking members of my crew.

:phone:

Kadano

Magical Express
I'm interested (Austria).
tschkdone is also from Austria (currently under unkwnown). P!z@ is from Switzerland.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Wait, americans actually planning to go?
I still don't believe it will happen, but it looks like the chances jumped from zero to 1/some finite number.

Zone

Smash Champion
Wait, americans actually planning to go?
I still don't believe it will happen, but it looks like the chances jumped from zero to 1/some finite number.
Europe has shown up here multiple times even though I've never played any EU players I feel America owes EU a visit. And I feel obligated to contribute.
But, ajp Anton you've come to a US tourney already?

:phone:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
They are. PAL is the newest version, and they were only non-SDIable in the very first NTSC version =).

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It takes some serious dedication to go across the globe to play a near-bottom tier. :awesome:

Good **** Zone! :D

Zone

Smash Champion
It takes some serious dedication to go across the globe to play a near-bottom tier. :awesome:

Good **** Zone! :D
lol, I dunno if I'm going all Zelda man. I was just asking because I WOULD TOTALLY use her against falco guaranteed if Smash DI wasn't possible.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Sightseeing

Date: Wednesday, 11th July 2012
Time: 11:00

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, here are some sightseeing plans. There are two places that are worth exploring. Whether you wanna explore one of them, or both, is up to you. I wanna hear what you think!

1. Mistberget (direct translation: The Mist Berg):
This is one of the local mountains in Eidsvoll. For those who wanna see the Norwegian nature, I recommend a trip to the mist berg. It’s a beautiful mountain with a watchtower on the top, for those who want to see what things looks like from the top of the mountain. The watch tower is open for everyone. I’ve been on top of it once, but because I’m really scared of heights, I usually don’t :(
However, you got a pretty good view, even if you choose not to enter the watchtower!

Estimated walking time to the top, with no breaks, is 1 hour. Don’t think about traveling costs here. I’ll drive everyone to the mountain for free! Hopefully my brother, my parents, and some more guys with vehicles are joining, too, so I don’t need to take two trips to include everyone  I got a really big family, though, so should not be a problem at all!

The watchtower

From the top of Mistberget

2. Oslo:
Oslo is the capital city of Norway, as you probably know!
If you are in Norway for the first time, I’d guess you’d be interested in going here. There’s not really too much special about Oslo, but you got a ****load of stores and shopping centers. This is also where the castle of the king of Norway is located! Train tickets from Eidsvoll Verk to Oslo costs about 200 NOK there and back.

As seen right outside Oslo Centralstation (Oslo S)

The King’s castle

Status on housing
I’ll check with the Norwegian smashers on who’s able to house you! I know I will be able to house some guys, but since it has to be at my parent’s place, I gotta ask them first. I’ll keep you guys updated! :)

Status on booking hotel rooms and pre-ordering tickets
Waiting for the government to accept my application to start an organization. I need this to be approved before I can have an online booking system up and running. Long story short: I’m waiting for them to sign my papers. After what they have told me last time I spoke with them, it should be done pretty soon! Hopefully we have something up by February, but it depends on how quick/slow they are!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I, Jack and Rkey are probably going on a roadtrip around the southern Norway (Stockholm->Trondheim->(coast)->Stavanger->tournament->Stockholm).
To save money, we will sleep in the car as much as possible =).

a) Can someone house us the first night near the venue (around 10 days before the tournament, not sure yet), so I can also leave my recording equipment there?

b) Does anyone live close to our planned route, and is willing to house us when we pass?

Top Bottom