• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Looks amazing! Im definetly doing the sightseeing to both Mistberget and Oslo with few other Finns (NamiNami, saska, Novi and maybe RTpmwe) as our flight arrives already on monday. And speaking of arriving on monday, we would really appreciate getting housed before the tournament. =)

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Flyfunner & I booked our flights ! :) We would need Housing for monday after the tournament. But I'll come to that back another time.
For now : HYPE

S l o X

Smash Champion
most likely won't be able to make this now that i'm moving to florida around june and i'm spending my money on moving into an apartment and school once i get there. /:

Mahone

Smash Champion
if you change the venue to america i might come....

blacksburg, va would be a great venue

SITES

this historical eating establishment exudes greatness and is a luxurious spot to get a quick meal.

the first church of god in blacksburg is the perfect place to dwell on your smash career and realize what is truly important.

anyway, ur call tonberry... u seem like a smart guy, i trust you to make the right decision

Beat!

Smash Master
You're the Falco. XD

Now that you mention it though, I wouldn't mind doing it the other way around as well. Falco's mad fun to play.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yo Tonberry, you should start featuring top players in the thread title. "Armada, PP, Amsah and more!" or something.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Quick update:
Most of the things are settled now!
My gaming organization and everything I need is up and running.
All that remains is that I have to speak to Round1KO about some info, and the online booking will be available soon! Unless the booking company I'm cooperating with is slow, I will expect the online booking to be up in a week!

I'm sorry that this has taken a bit more time than expected, but I've been pretty dependable on the processing time of my applications. I hope you understand.

- Tonberry

Kokee

Smash Rookie
sign me up! ^^
can also possible house some people but my english talk is pretty bad cause i have no experince

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
PP I wanna MM you too, you can add that to your fund haha. ^^

I can do like £10 or something so... about $15.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Less range in general or just the weak part?
I've played both PAL and NTSC, and I can't really say I've noticed anything about the range at all, and if any, it would only be at the weak part. But personally I think the range is the same.
The only difference with Falco in NTSC and PAL is the weakhit of the dair. Not too much of a big deal imo.

Armada

Smash Lord
Norway is ****ing expenssive so be happy you don't have to pay a million

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Norway is ****ing expenssive so be happy you don't have to pay a million
Hahahaha I wish there was a "like" button for this :grin:

Also Fuzzy, when checking the possible routes, I noticed that it was cheaper to take a regular company instead of Ryanair, because the prices between the Ryanair airports where so ****ing expensive.
It was like that for Paris, so it might be the same for some other cities.

Edit : quick summary of what I posted in early February on the French boards :
Paris - Oslo with Ryanair, round trip : 30€ (shuttle to the french airport) + 120€ (flight) + 68€ (shuttle to the norwegian airport) = 218€
Paris - Oslo with another company, round trip : 0€ (the Parisian airport can be reached without costs for Parisians) + 136€ (flight) + 15€ (shuttle to the norwegian airport) = 166€

Then the smashers from Lille objected that it was only if you were leaving from Paris, and that there were cheaper flights from other Ryanair airports. That's very true, but at best, the Ryanair trip would only cost about 10€ less.

Also, the whole shuttle thing would also take 3h round trip in France, and 4h in Norway, while the regular airports probably don't take more than 2h for both, round trip.

So in my opinion, if a trip is a bit more expensive, but saves a decent amount of time, and allows you to travel in better conditions, it's definitely worth, unless you can't afford to pay a few euros more than the lowest price you can find, in which case I think you shouldn't travel.

TL;DR : Do not consider Ryanair as the only option. Their flight prices are often cheaper, but also need many additionnal costs.

Top Bottom