• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
how is 166 or 218 euros cheaper lol

the flight from london stansted -> oslo rygge is £44 return

im just asking if theres a cheaper method from the Oslo(Rygge) to Eidsvoll Verk

Slhoka

Smash Lord

It's an example, stupid :redface:
My point was that you a cheap flight isn't that cheap if it brings you to an airport 118 km away from the city where you intend to go, causing high additionnal costs.

Your flight doesn't mean your trip London - Oslo costs £44. It costs £44 + £57 (Rygge-Oslo) + any costs going to Stansted.
As far as I know, your point is to go to Oslo or Eidsvoll, but definitely not Rygge. And to do that, Ryanair flights are not as amazing as you could think by looking at their prices.

:phone:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace

Don't count on it.
The cheaper options would in that case be walking, hiking or stealing a car.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Just make sure you steal a car with plenty of gasoline, or you'll end up paying crazy gasoline-prices with your stolen car, which means you'd prolly be better off taking the train :D
Damnit, was just going to warn him of the Norwegian gas prices...

edit: it will be a nice surprise to Dr PP and/or other Americans =). Not that they'll be driving, but still.

edit2: Speaking of... Tonberry, can you ask other norwegians about this?

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Still cheaper than the gasoline in the Netherlands ><

Any news yet about the hotel deal? About sleeping the nights before and after the tournament, and online booking?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Damnit, was just going to warn him of the Norwegian gas prices...

edit: it will be a nice surprise to Dr PP and/or other Americans =). Not that they'll be driving, but still.

edit2: Speaking of... Tonberry, can you ask other norwegians about this?
Plufball will probably be able to house you.
He said he was willing to house people, as long as they were not English speaking (due to his limited understanding of English)

Still cheaper than the gasoline in the Netherlands ><

Any news yet about the hotel deal? About sleeping the nights before and after the tournament, and online booking?
You can sleep the night before and after, but you'll have to pay for it.
Online-booking is on its way. Basicly the online booking company got all the information they asked for like 12 days ago. Then they confirmed it last saturday and said they had sent me a contract by mail, which they forgot to add to the mail, so I asked if they could send it to me, but I still haven't got any answer. Basicly we're almost there, but it depends on them now. Whenever I get the contract I'll sign it, scan it, and send it back.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Plufball will probably be able to house you.
He said he was willing to house people, as long as they were not English speaking (due to his limited understanding of English)
My norwegian sucks, but maybe it's better than his english then =). And I have two "real" swedes with me who'll understand him better than I do =).

Where does he live? Is this for the first "close to the venue" night? Is there anyone living near the coast south of Trondheim?

Kokee

Smash Rookie
My norwegian sucks, but maybe it's better than his english then =). And I have two "real" swedes with me who'll understand him better than I do =).

Where does he live? Is this for the first "close to the venue" night? Is there anyone living near the coast south of Trondheim?
its a 40-50 min drive from me to eidsvoll so its pretty far away.
jack was housed by rolf in the end of january and i live a 5 min walk away from him if that makes it easier to figure out

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
We will continue driving north-west the next morning anyway. Where we stop along the way doesn't matter much.
We just want a good night's sleep for as cheap as possible (sleeping in the car is cheapest, but not very comfortable), and if I bring my recording equipment, I'd like to leave it somewhere safe during the week of our roadtrip (this is the only reason I want it to be relatively close to the venue).

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, we have a house along the coast south of Trondheim, but it's rented out except when we're using it. I dunno when my family is up there though. (Smøla) I know the area well if it's any help.

Otherwise you find very few smashers outside the Oslo area.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Damn Dr. PP is coming? That is amazing :D

I want to money match you. No I HAVE TO money you!!!
(a.k.a making donations to Dr. PP :) )
Now I'm looking even more forward to this tournament.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Less range in general or just the weak part?
I've played both PAL and NTSC, and I can't really say I've noticed anything about the range at all, and if any, it would only be at the weak part. But personally I think the range is the same.
The only difference with Falco in NTSC and PAL is the weakhit of the dair. Not too much of a big deal imo.

the dair itself should have the same range, but the fact that it's weak in the end provides you from going to the same distance with a dair.

if dair is weak at the end, you can't really use the end to combo/approach (cause of the way it sends, and people crouching) so your jump-dair have "less range" - because usefull dair last shorter.

and since it's important to dair with falco, i find ntsc way better. that + the throws on fox.

(sometime PAL dair is also usefull in edgeguard (no tech!))

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
Oh I didn't think about no tech haha. Tight.

Thanks for the heads up. =)

Only thing Falco doesn't have in PAL that i has in NTSC is the spike on the full dair animation, it only has the spike on the first half of it. While Fox upsmash is worse and his up-b is shorter, Marth's dair sucks and Shiek's grab is big nerfed.

So in my opinion Falco is nr 1 in PAL, or puff!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I've been saving for this for a while and it's looking like it might actually happen!!!

Baxon team with me LOL

Edit: or PP ;)

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
are there any other airport more in addition airports of oslo? any cheaper airports? Spain is in the end of the world, and Norway in another :urg:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
An airport not "in another end of the world" won't be very close to Oslo =).

Try Gothenburg and ask someone there what the bus costs. Or multi-flight with Ryanair via cheap airports.

Metà

Smash Master
I am going to be in Europe when this happens, so I am looking into my options for going to this... It seems doable, but I need to figure out what exactly I'm going to be doing during that week. Put me down as a maybe, haha

That attendance list looks amazing. You guys should try to convince more high-level American players to go. Europe has come out in full force to their tournaments, it's only fair they at least attempt the same.

stelzig

Smash Lord
From where in Italy? try searching on ryanair.com - though they don't go to the most convenient airport, it's probably the cheapest route.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
280 entrants now!:awesome:
Hadn't updated the list for quite a while, so it was about time :p
About the booking thing, I signed the contract with the company 2 weeks ago.
I hope the booking system is up and running soon. They are already a week behind schedule. They might be slow, but there are a lot of big events in Norway that have used them, so they are trustworthy. I'll keep you guys updated.

In the mean time: Be patient :)

Metà

Smash Master
From where in Italy? try searching on ryanair.com - though they don't go to the most convenient airport, it's probably the cheapest route.
I'm going to be near Bari.

I just checked out that site though. The prices look very reasonable. I am strongly considering this!

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Loota from Finland is also interested. What is the situation of housing atm? At least me, NamiNami, Novi, saska and probably also RTpmwe need housing starting from monday the 9th. Our flight arrives 17.25 in Gardermoen. We will flight back to Finland on monday the 16th so housing for sunday-monday night would also be appreciated. I have asked this a few times but haven't got any answer yet.

FalconPS

Smash Rookie
280 entrants now!:awesome:
Hadn't updated the list for quite a while, so it was about time :p
Ey Tonberry, you can place me up there with my Norwegian countrymen. I'm Mats, or CptClntn from SmashNorge. Gotta pop back into the smash scene again and show my newly acquired melee skills. But gonna bring my 64-game too, obviously :)

Top Bottom