• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
More like...

Population
France: 65821885
Norway: 4982800

Attendees
France: 0.5 per million
Norway: 6 per million

French players where you at.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
since when is traveling in europe cheaper than in america?
as far as i remember every kid in the USA has a car, and gas prices are nothing compared to Europe
and can't you fly from coast to coast relatively cheap aswell? it isn't really that cheap for germans to get around, even in our own country... costs to travel around are always high...
travel to the airport, flight+ travel in other country...
i dont know how you got the idea it was cheap?

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
There's cheap airline-companies that offers really cheap travels all over Europe if you're planning well, like Ryanair. Works fine by my experience.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
1. USA is bigger, longer flights are more expensive.
2. Flying across Europe with Ryanair can be cheaper than a pizza.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so you guys should totally start a good player fund for me to go to this
& tonberry I expect a MBR-only banquet at this

:troll:

it has been my dream for years to enter a tournament where Sheik's Down-Throw doesn't negate my chances of doing well.

strawhats

Smash Master
LOL at Rhinna coming to this for Barbados. Also where are Infernum, Professor Pro, Strawhat Dahean, and Over on that list for France, Uk, and Spain?

I guess Remen was seriou when he said he was done with melee (travelling wise and such).

XxTDSxX

Smash Rookie
Fixed.

It'd never be the biggest smash tourney without both games. Look at Genesis, Apex, Pound events, which can have over 500 entrants easily. Of course, I'm not gonna tell you to add Brawl or anything but I'm just being realistic.

345 is the record to break for the largest Melee singles event ever (Pound IV). Can we break it? I don't know! Should we break it? **** YES!
Honestly, How is it possible to add another game to the tournament in such a small amount of days?

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Yay tonberry just brought me to the venue this weekend and I got to take a good look at it. All i can say is Holy chapotley the venue is pure awesome :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Did you record a video or something ?
The answer is yes!
It's about 15 minutes of footage where we show you the venue and talk about topics related to the venue and the hotel rooms.

The video shows: The venue and the hotel from the outside, the venue from the inside, the cafeteria in the hotel (the room next to the venue), and what the hotel rooms looks like.

The video is done, and will be uploaded to youtube when I get home from work. So yeah, you will probably see it today :)

Edit: In HD =D

S l o X

Smash Champion
If I can get a job before January, I'm going to try to make this. (Even if I'm terrible at this game, I plan to be pretty good by this time)

I hope communication isn't THAT big of an issue if I do attend.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Okay, as some of you have already figured, the video is up!
I had to upload it during the night, cuz the video file was so big.

SRMG - Venue and hotel rooms video!

If I can get a job before January, I'm going to try to make this. (Even if I'm terrible at this game, I plan to be pretty good by this time)
I dunno where you're from. But if you know how to speak English, you can communicate perfectly with people in Norway. Also, the European smash community in general
speaks English very well.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Good stuff with the venue !

I'm ready to pay more for extensions cords so we have as much space as we want.

I dunno where you're from. But if you know how to speak English, you can communicate perfectly with people in Norway. Also, the European smash community in general speaks English very well.
Bonjour.
I no speak ze eenglish verry well.

So yeah, what Tonberry said. Safe for the French and Spanish people, most european smashers can speak english well enough.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Since english is the main language that people from different countries communicate with, you'll be fine as long as you can speak that.

One thing I've noticed is that (some, not all!) Americans somehow assume that we use some weird for them unknown language to communicate, which is one of the reasons they are afraid to come here. It's just plain english... If you find someone who can't speak english, it's their problem. And not just with you, but with everyone. You will have very limited use of any spanish/french/whatever that you may or may not have learned somewhere.
(Not assuming you're one of them, don't know where you're from.)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Oh goodness. Its a stadium. Its a stadium for Smash.

Tonberry you are a wizard. How did you get that venue. How.

I wasn't gonna go before that video, but now I will. With my new job, all I have to do is save 200 or so a month.

I'm gonna try to spread news around about this tournament. Incredible...

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
The trip to the venue was fun, it has so much potential to be great. The only thing we have to do is enable it, and ill make damn sure to give 110% to make this event the best it can be. Its a little under a year untill its showtime and yet im excited as hell allready. Ill give my body and soul for this torunament!

But yeah, more french people on the list compared to the norwegians. We need to step it up :p we must tap the untouched reservoir of norwegian scrubs! come on scrubletts. Its time for SR EL GRANDE!

Edit: also darkfrog got the controllers, he gav eme mine yesterday and its awesome. I had trouble dealing with M0zen i friendlies with the thousands of miscommands. Anyway, i need some stylin' on mah brann spankin' controllah!

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try to spread news around about this tournament. Incredible...
I would be forever grateful if you could do that :)

And to get the venue I simply used the power of negotiation and time. And as the owners of the venue/hotel are great guys, they weren't too hard to negotiate with :awesome:

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
If berry had it done it would be a viking with bowser spikes breathing fire painted in mspaint. I think it would be pretty awesome :D

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
One thing I've noticed is that (some, not all!) Americans somehow assume that we use some weird for them unknown language to communicate, which is one of the reasons they are afraid to come here. It's just plain english... If you find someone who can't speak english, it's their problem. And not just with you, but with everyone. You will have very limited use of any spanish/french/whatever that you may or may not have learned somewhere.
(Not assuming you're one of them, don't know where you're from.)
If American people (or Canadian/Australian) actually do think that, maybe it would be wise to put a small paragraph about this on the first page? Explain that in national tournaments people talk their own language but on international occasions everybody uses English, or something? That language should not be a problem if you know English? Would be a pity to miss on people because of something that isn't even true.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Since english is the main language that people from different countries communicate with, you'll be fine as long as you can speak that.
I dunno where you're from. But if you know how to speak English, you can communicate perfectly with people in Norway. Also, the European smash community in general
speaks English very well.
Thanks guys. From America (East Coast). Hope to see you guys here. (:

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Had a dream where Madlobster kept bringing free pizza at this, any chance of this happening? ;)
This might actualy be possible. I'll even try getting a sponsorship from a pizza delivery place or something. If I manage to get a sweet deal of some kind, i might be inclined to throw some pizza money around just for the torunament.
Of course there is no way ill be able to feed 300 + people with pizza, but im sure i can make something happen :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
This might actualy be possible. I'll even try getting a sponsorship from a pizza delivery place or something. If I manage to get a sweet deal of some kind, i might be inclined to throw some pizza money around just for the torunament.
Of course there is no way ill be able to feed 300 + people with pizza, but im sure i can make something happen :D
Just wanna remind you that one of the criterias for the venue was that we should not sell any food in the venue. If you get some kind of sponsor deal or something with Pizzas I guess that's okay, but we are not allowed to sell anything related to food. So it must be something that people do not pay for, eventually, but yeah, they sell food in the cafeteria, which is the main reason why we are not allowed to sell anything food related in the venue.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Just wanna remind you that one of the criterias for the venue was that we should not sell any food in the venue. If you get some kind of sponsor deal or something with Pizzas I guess that's okay, but we are not allowed to sell anything related to food. So it must be something that people do not pay for, eventually, but yeah, they sell food in the cafeteria, which is the main reason why we are not allowed to sell anything food related in the venue.
Oh no, my lobster brain doesnt have the memory capacity as it had in the old days. And i have lost all faith in Hara as a prophet, as his dreams are clearly way off!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how probable is housing for lil' ol' me for this? i figure if I'm going to norway i should probably stay for more than just ~3 days.

Top Bottom