• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
QFT! Low Tier too strong.
Its like Ukraine in Risk.
Ukraine is not weak, UKRAINE IS STRONG!!

Hope anyone got that reference :D because low tiers are awesome!

Edit: and you, look at all their scared puff players, they cant play puff against YL, HYY HYY! chamaooooun

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Its like Ukraine in Risk.
Ukraine is not weak, UKRAINE IS STRONG!!

Hope anyone got that reference :D because low tiers are awesome!

Edit: and you, look at all their scared puff players, they cant play puff against YL, HYY HYY! chamaooooun
Yoshi is my Puff counter :cool: Yoshi is OP vs puff! Betta recognize.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
LOW TIER IS STROOOOOONG.
Not Darkfrog's Yoshi! (Shrugs in pain and agony)
You can call me Tony Montana cuz my Yoshi scarres up your face, and leaves you shaking on the ground so you wanna hang yourself from your shoelace. bithces better beware, cuz when Yoshi brings the pain, everybody gets their share!
FOR TRUE! LOW TIER 4 LYFE, 1 LOVE

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I know it's kind of early, but just throwing the idea out there...
Would it be possible to house, like, 10 people a few days before the tournament? =)
I could drop off all the people from my minivan and fill it with people who want to go sightseeing/hiking for a few days.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I know it's kind of early, but just throwing the idea out there...
Would it be possible to house, like, 10 people a few days before the tournament? =)
I could drop off all the people from my minivan and fill it with people who want to go sightseeing/hiking for a few days.
It would be an excellent idea !

I'm starting my savings account for this...

RIGHT NOW!
Awesome !

Also, if some people coming from far want to do some sort of trip around Europe... I'd be happy to answer any questions and help planning it. And of course, house/find housing for anyone coming to France.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
It would be an excellent idea !

Awesome !

Also, if some people coming from far want to do some sort of trip around Europe... I'd be happy to answer any questions and help planning it. And of course, house/find housing for anyone coming to France.
I'm definitely interested in a trip around Europe. Gonna have to do some serious number crunching between now and then though, this trip alone is looking to set me back about $2,000 USD

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'm definitely interested in a trip around Europe. Gonna have to do some serious number crunching between now and then though, this trip alone is looking to set me back about $2,000 USD
Hmmm... yeah at least. To give you an idea, my trip to Genesis 1 costed me about $2150, and Genesis 2 was $2700 (I booked pretty late, and the flight alone was more than $2000).

For this, I flew from Paris to the west coast, and spent 2 weeks there, travelling a lot (1st trip : Paris > LA > Anaheim > San Diego > Antioch > San Francisco > Vegas > Paris, 2nd trip : Paris > LA > Camarillo > San Francisco > Antioch > San Francisco > San Diego > Paris).
I didn't plan those trips that well, so I could have found much cheaper prices to travel whithin the US, but you get the idea. The only good thing is that I almost never went to the hotel, except during Genesis.

Life is more expensive over here (especially in Norway), but compared to my trip, you have the advantage of leaving from the west coast. And if you plan it early enough, your trips between European countries won't cost much.
It also depends of the countries you wanna visit, and overall, what you want to do.

I may make a thread in the Europe boards to gather answer all the questions of those who'd want to do that.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It may be a good idea to share the costs with many people, like hotels, taxis or whatever.
We were 10 swedes roadtripping on the WC for 2 weeks before Genesis2, and it cost about $1700 per person including food and driving 2500 miles in a gigantic RV.

Europe may be more expensive though...

Slhoka

Smash Lord
It may be a good idea to share the costs with many people, like hotels, taxis or whatever.
We were 10 swedes roadtripping on the WC for 2 weeks before Genesis2, and it cost about $1700 per person including food and driving 2500 miles in a gigantic RV.

Europe may be more expensive though...
Yeah, the main difference being that renting a car and driving may not be the cheapest option in Europe, even as a group.
Travelling as a group helps saving money anyway, though. You just have to make the group splittable to you can be housed easily.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Would be soooo cool if you could get to this tournament, Tope! Hope to see you there :)

Oh, and WE GOT 203 PEOPLE ON THE INTEREST LIST NOW!

Now let's make that 300 in a week. Gogogo!

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Any Amon Amarth concerts in Norway that you'd wanna hit up with me, Robin?

That'd be my main reason for coming early.
They had one this year, with The Black Dahlia Murder as support.
The concert was nothing less than AWESOME! :D
I'll check if there are any concerts coming up in 2012, but it's kinda too early to tell at this point :(

Zoler

Smash Ace
Any Amon Amarth concerts in Norway that you'd wanna hit up with me, Robin?

That'd be my main reason for coming early.
omg Ian I didn't know you were considering going, I'm up for pretty much any metal concerts ^_^

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing! I love that stuff! :bee:
Count me in :D Haven't been on a concert for quite some time now. But seeing as i have a job now and im also moving in to Oslo as soon as i can. Ill be going to anything i can find as early as i can. Btw berry. 9th of september i belive Major Parkinson are playing i Oslo, Amanda told me at least. Might not be Amon Amarth or korpiklaani, but its awesome anyway ^___^

Whats up with this, i've been at work all day refreshing the page but nothing is happening. MOAR HYPE

Mahie

Smash Lord
Tonberry, you should try to talk with the guys that sponsored Genesis 2 (I think they added $6,000 to the prize pool overall) and see if they're interested in sponsoring this. Their name is Saber Gaming, but I have no idea as to how to contact them.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Tonberry, you should try to talk with the guys that sponsored Genesis 2 (I think they added $6,000 to the prize pool overall) and see if they're interested in sponsoring this. Their name is Saber Gaming, but I have no idea as to how to contact them.
Vts is the guy behind Sabergaming.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Well the good thing about sponsors is that you can ask everyone and the worst thing they can say is NEIN!
This is probably going to be a huge event so getting some support cant be impossible, concidering we allready have 17 differnent countries reporting interest allready. But yeah its about 1 year to the event, so we have plenty of time for stuff like that.

Now its friday, and we are getting visitors from oslo here in eidsvoll for some smash practice. Im going into hardcore training allready now. Time to develop some mad YL skills this weekend :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Tonberry, ask cocacola, I remember they sponsored an event in norway I went to... it was awesome !
They're not that much into sponsoring these events nowadays. They rejected all the sponsoring applications I ever sent them for the other tourneys I had.
I do however know some other energy drink companies that might sponsor us!

This looks great! I'll be there. Also, when you write a detailed description on how to get to the venue, can you add a description on how to get there from Rygge airport? That one has Ryanair :)
Will do :)
Torp also has Ryanair, btw.

Yes, they did. I do however doubt that they are interested in sponsoring anything outside the US. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Lulwut imagehosting failing that quick? that seems bad :D
There is a guy at work here though that has worked with sponsors and such before, he knows a couple of companies he said likely will want to sponsor a big event like this. Ill talk to him about it next week or something,. No need to rush it ^_^.

Would be cool if enough good Americans were to join so that we could host continentals or US crew vs crew :D

Mahie

Smash Lord
If this gets a lot of sponsoring money, maybe it could be spent on a good player's fund or something instead of increasing the cash pool?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
If this gets a lot of sponsoring money, maybe it could be spent on a good player's fund or something instead of increasing the cash pool?
All the things and money we get sponsored with will go directly to the tournament and eventually the cash prizes, like everything else. I am however more than interested in using some of my own money on the good player fund to help some people who are short of money. :)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
omg Ian I didn't know you were considering going, I'm up for pretty much any metal concerts ^_^
Not considering. I'm coming. I'm saving up every pence, and I'm coming.

Count me in :D Haven't been on a concert for quite some time now. But seeing as i have a job now and im also moving in to Oslo as soon as i can. Ill be going to anything i can find as early as i can. Btw berry. 9th of september i belive Major Parkinson are playing i Oslo, Amanda told me at least. Might not be Amon Amarth or korpiklaani, but its awesome anyway ^___^

Whats up with this, i've been at work all day refreshing the page but nothing is happening. MOAR HYPE
**** yeah. Guess we should organise a group trip to an Amon Amarth concert :bee:

Top Bottom