• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
This event has so much potential to be by far the biggest smash tournament ever. Because of this amazing and huge venue and that there's about 11 months left until this actually starts. So this got all the time in the world for more people to make up their mind and come ;).

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
This event has so much potential to be by far the biggest smash tournament ever. Because of this amazing and huge venue and that there's about 11 months left until this actually starts. So this got all the time in the world for more people to make up their mind and come ;).
Yes thats so true. IF enough people step up, this is going to be simply encredible.
A year to save up should be doable for the trip of a lifetime to Europe and the greatest smash event in history.
The Americans have run out of excuses by now. Time to nut up or shut up :D

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Just a word of advice...

If you guys want US and other non-euro attendees, you gotta start advertising hardcore NOW. Like, make youtube trailers, forum signatures, etc. If one of you could take a camera and just tour the venue and post it up on AJP's channel, you'd get tons of attendees. Smashers may be poor, but if we are given a whole year, even we can save enough money for a trip like this. If hype doesn't build until the last 3 or so months before the tournament, then it will be too late. Not many people can pull the kind of money needed for a trip like this on short notice.

I'd really like this event to be successful. That venue, the TO staff, everything...looks so perfect. Good luck :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Just a word of advice...

If you guys want US and other non-euro attendees, you gotta start advertising hardcore NOW. Like, make youtube trailers, forum signatures, etc. If one of you could take a camera and just tour the venue and post it up on AJP's channel, you'd get tons of attendees. Smashers may be poor, but if we are given a whole year, even we can save enough money for a trip like this. If hype doesn't build until the last 3 or so months before the tournament, then it will be too late. Not many people can pull the kind of money needed for a trip like this on short notice.

I'd really like this event to be successful. That venue, the TO staff, everything...looks so perfect. Good luck :D
You got some really good points here!
Gonna speed up this process! =D

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
I would like to join for a tour to the venue if you are going anytime soon berry, its also a good excuse for me to take the train to eidsvoll verk and learn how to get there. You can test the travel description on me :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I would like to join for a tour to the venue if you are going anytime soon berry, its also a good excuse for me to take the train to eidsvoll verk and learn how to get there. You can test the travel description on me :D
Haha, will do!

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
But realy, i want to tour the venue, you have to let me know if you are going to make that video or something. I really want to see what it looks like :D

Btw berry, darkfrog ordered a bunch of controllers, when i get mine, could you perhaps swap the bottom half to another color? white top plus something else on bottom would be cool :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
But realy, i want to tour the venue, you have to let me know if you are going to make that video or something. I really want to see what it looks like :D

Btw berry, darkfrog ordered a bunch of controllers, when i get mine, could you perhaps swap the bottom half to another color? white top plus something else on bottom would be cool :D
Will keep you updated!

And for the controller: Just bring the controllers or parts you want me to "merge" together, and I'll fix it =D

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
This event has so much potential to be by far the biggest Melee tournament ever. Because of this amazing and huge venue and that there's about 11 months left until this actually starts. So this got all the time in the world for more people to make up their mind and come ;).
Fixed.

It'd never be the biggest smash tourney without both games. Look at Genesis, Apex, Pound events, which can have over 500 entrants easily. Of course, I'm not gonna tell you to add Brawl or anything but I'm just being realistic.

345 is the record to break for the largest Melee singles event ever (Pound IV). Can we break it? I don't know! Should we break it? **** YES!

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Fixed.

It'd never be the biggest smash tourney without both games. Look at Genesis, Apex, Pound events, which can have over 500 entrants easily. Of course, I'm not gonna tell you to add Brawl or anything but I'm just being realistic.

345 is the record to break for the largest Melee singles event ever (Pound IV). Can we break it? I don't know! Should we break it? **** YES!
Over 500 entrants? For the first of all I don't believe, and I could be wrong here, that their venues can room 500 people, the second is if those numbers are based on facts or if you've just added the numbers of the attendees of Brawl and Melee together, which would be completely wrong to do, as many players are attending both games. Still, one player is one player, even if he's entering several events.

While I want as many players as possible to attend, I want to point out that the goal is to make this the perfect Melee event. Which also is why I've not included any of the other games who can affect my schedule, and overall the quality of the Melee event.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Over 500 entrants? For the first of all I don't believe, and I could be wrong here, that their venues can room 500 people, the second is if those numbers are based on facts or if you've just added the numbers of the attendees of Brawl and Melee together, which would be completely wrong to do, as many players are attending both games. Still, one player is one player, even if he's entering several events.

While I want as many players as possible to attend, I want to point out that the goal is to make this the perfect Melee event. Which also is why I've not included any of the other games who can affect my schedule, and overall the quality of the Melee event.
Yes, over 500 entrants, Alex Strife confirmed it for me (Apex 2). And I'm pretty sure Pound 4 had even more entrants overall. Not counting the people who attended both games. Not that it's such an important issue because we're not in 2008 anymore. There is now a distinct line between the Melee and Brawl communities and there really aren't that many players who play both games anymore. Most countries in Europe have now both communities working on their own and tournaments featuring both games have all but disappeared.

Is it a good thing? For some countries it was (Germany, France, Sweden somewhat), for some others it really wasn't (Netherlands). In the end it all comes down to opinion.

But yes, as I said before, never mentioned adding Brawl or anything, and this should definitely be the most perfect Melee event possible. Just don't expect breaking any kind of record except maybe the Melee singles event turnout one (345+ is definitely doable with enough advertising, organization, help, sponsorships and such an amaaaazing venue).

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I've already broken a record of the biggest venue ever rented for a smash tournament. And even though I don't expect anything, I have three main record goals:

- Make this the best Melee event EVER!
- Make this the biggest Melee event EVER!
- Make this a positive experience that the participants will remember.

So yeah, these are just goals, but nothing would be interesting without goals =D
I hope the community is willing to help me achieve these goals as much as they can, because I can promise that I will give 150% percent to make that happen.

I am already satisfied with a lot of things. Like the interest list up till now, and the TOs. But there's A LOT of work left to do for me. I am however working on stuff. Just have to start somewhere on my list :bee:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It may be difficult to break any attendance records. The US scene is simply much, much bigger.
But because travelling in Europe is also a lot cheaper (and distances are smaller), a higher % of us will attend. Let's see which of these points will win =).

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
I really appreciate your work Tonb3rry - I hope all the prearrangements won´t cause any trouble - I´m reeeeeeeally looking forward to this tournament :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
It may be difficult to break any attendance records. The US scene is simply much, much bigger.
You are damn right about that! I think it's very unlikely to break any attendance records with this, but goals tend to be much bigger than any probability would show.

Top Bottom