• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers and Fashion.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not a winter jacket...but the amount of sense your post makes, makes me feel unbelievably stupid for not realizing that at the time.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Bump.

I've started to care more about my appearance for the purpose of making good first impressions and looking older (I'm asian, so even though I'm a junior in college I think I can pass for a freshman in high school). Over the summer I've read a couple of guides on what to do, so I think I have the jist of the rules. The problem is, I'm not a skinny white guy so I'm limited in what I can wear.

My current wardrobe has some plain colored t-shirts (black/red/white), some cargo shorts, 2 pairs of jeans and some button down shirts. In the winter I hope to incorporate some long sleeves and to try out layering.

I've gotten REALLY into shoes though. Like, I bought 3 pairs in the past 4 months. I believe the saying that shoes complete your outfit, so I guess it's good that I'm a little obsessive about them.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wear a tie most days. Not because my job expects me to, but because I prefer it to khakis and a polo.

Jane

Smash Hero
Bump.

I've started to care more about my appearance for the purpose of making good first impressions and looking older (I'm asian, so even though I'm a junior in college I think I can pass for a freshman in high school). Over the summer I've read a couple of guides on what to do, so I think I have the jist of the rules. The problem is, I'm not a skinny white guy so I'm limited in what I can wear.

My current wardrobe has some plain colored t-shirts (black/red/white), some cargo shorts, 2 pairs of jeans and some button down shirts. In the winter I hope to incorporate some long sleeves and to try out layering.

I've gotten REALLY into shoes though. Like, I bought 3 pairs in the past 4 months. I believe the saying that shoes complete your outfit, so I guess it's good that I'm a little obsessive about them.
what does being a skinny white guy have to do with anything? lmao. there are clothes for everyone. no johns.

if you plan on upping the shoe game, then plain shirts work really well. since you're trying to bring attention to the shoes, its good to have matching or complimentary plain shirts to get the hang of things. but also try basing your outfit on shoe/pants combos or shoe/shorts.

You're not cool unless you have a Grimer shirt.
i agree completely.

Then123

Smash Cadet
Normal weather is.. knee length light shorts.
Tops are anything, nontight~

Last edited:

Jane

Smash Hero
There are more things a skinny guy can pull off than a bulkier guy can.
i disagree. the whole reason to look good is to attract the sex of your choice right? (opposite or same, whatevs)

if that is true, then there isnt anything a skinny white guy can pull off that a bulky guy can not.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm pretty much a shirt and shorts kind of guy, but I dress to impress and depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing that day I may wear something else. When I'm at home with nothing to do, I'll have basketball shorts on and a plain T-shirt...

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Personally, I've always had huge difficulty in finding T-shirts and smart shirts that fit well as a skinny person. In my experience, most clothes are made to fit bigger builds.

At least somebody invented "slim-fit" shirts.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If it aint polo and khakis, Steel will disembowel you.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
No, but I think dressing like the cast on "Jersey Shore" makes you look pretty stupid and without an ounce of class.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Shorts and a good ol' tanktop do it for me, it's hot down here in Texas, when it gets cold though I'll end up wearing a hoody most of the time.

I also love to drees casual with slacks and a suit, it makes me feel good actually.
:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No, but I think dressing like the cast on "Jersey Shore" makes you look pretty stupid and without an ounce of class.
I don't even watch it so I wouldn't know. XD

Jane

Smash Hero
i do watch it and would have to say that you probably dont watch it. because most of the guys on there dress very well.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I have watched it, and I guess we just have very different style tastes because Ed hardy, affliction, cargo shorts, and gelled up blowouts are not my idea of dressing well.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
One style I hate is the t-shirts that are covered in random swirls and some tattoo-looking brand logo. Looks stupid.

Jane

Smash Hero
I have watched it, and I guess we just have very different style tastes because Ed hardy, affliction, cargo shorts, and gelled up blowouts are not my idea of dressing well.
we do. while i'm not exactly a fan of ed hardy, i strongly believe in not bashing an entire brand just for it being a certain brand. especially one thats pretty diverse like ed hardy. cargo shorts are also a-ok with me. and blowouts... well i commend him for doing something original and different. maybe he just wants to be like guile.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I like fit jeans on dudes. I would say skinny, but some guys take it way over the top. I don't like skin tight jeans. That **** looks painful.

I love cutoff jean shorts to a unnerving degree. I cut mine usually at the knee or sometimes even above the knee. I love the cheesy beach hobo look. I wear cutoff jeans and open hawaiian shirts all the time.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I started dressing a lot more feminine this year rofl
My old style was basically sports clothes or jeans/longer shorts and graphic T's. Really plain stuff.

Bought a bunch of new clothes for the summer/for college. Sooo much stuff from Forever 21 and H&M. Very simple but stylish outfits. Lots of loose fitting shirts with simple patterns or stripes or solid colors. Got shorter shorts too, which makes summers a lot better to go outside. Waaay different than the knee length shorts I'm used to wearing haha (Though, I still love wearing mesh sport shorts. So comfy)
Plus, just got a haircut and some make up. I feel really classy haha

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I get shirts, etc. from H&M, and jeans from American Eagle.

I have to shop around for shirts, actually, because most people have boring stuff or something that advertises something.

I don't like wearing an advertisement shirt unless the product isn't cool anymore or isn't well known. (LOL)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I pretty much never buy any brand clothing except secondhand. I'm sure I'll be called a hipster for it, but I do most of my clothes shopping at Goodwill. Hipster or not, you can't beat 2 dollar shirts. Some of them are even perfectly fine AE and Abercombie shirts.

You basically have to twist my arm to buy clothes period, though. I buy more socks than anything. I still regularly wear clothes I had in middle school. (yes, I am a tiny little man and have not grown significantly since like 10th grade)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Buying something used makes me think of all the germs and disguising things the people before did (Could have done) with their stuff.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha, used clothes huh? That used to be me when I was considered a "nerd" by everyone, one day though I switched by style and bought everything brand new including shoes and shirts, nowadays I'm not much into buying clothes since I generally got into a shopping frenzy once before.

John2k4

The End of an Era
T-Shirts - preferably black/a darker color, with nature/animals on them. Will occasionally wear white shirts, but don't have many of those.

Shorts - Jean shorts in summer, jeans in the winter, Yep.

Anything somewhat formal - Jeans, Polo shirt
Anything formal - nice dress shirt, black pants.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I've been told I'm like 50-50 lumberjack/hipster these days haha.

Usually Ill just wear any old jeans/t shirt combo if it's a normal day.

I'm a fan of sweat pants if I'm just going to a friends or staying at home.

I like plaid shirts quite a bit.

Stonewashed jeans are my fav, must be bootcut though.

I usually wear Adidas sambas, Timberland boots or Pumas (suede)

I have 4-5 suits at my disposal when nights out or special occasions call for them.

I'm surprised no one has posted any pics of what they wear yet.

RATED

Smash Lord
Depends on the place I go:

College I just go with a Tshirt some jeans and some random shoes

Going out: Nice tshirt or polo with nice jeans

Going to a friend's house : Some nice shorts, Polo or Tshirt and some "sandals"

Tournament: Like if I were to go College XD

Jane

Smash Hero
its hard to find pics of entire outfits though...

heres my only facebook pic where you can see my entire outfit i think haha

we were drinking lemonade btw.

Top Bottom