• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers and Fashion.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Shirt and shorts everyday. I dislike jeans and such, they just aren't very comfortable for me.

Wow, you're the opposite of me I sleep in jeans I find them so comfortable.

I see a lot of people posting stuff like "I wear what's comfortable" but does anyone actually adhere to a set style? Not that you have to be completely "emo" or "scene" but what genres of fashion do you actually look at and say "this is pretty cool"/ try to emulate?

Myself, I'm a big fan of skater/"scene"(although I don't really know what that means anymore)/minimalistic styles. I really like clothing companies like Jedidiah and Ephraim
Whatever basketball shorts + t-shirt is.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
Fashion is for the ugly, and most likely gay in my opinion, it sickens me that most people waste their money to have the latest and greatest fashion to hide how bad they look. If you look good, you can rock anything under the sun, if you look bad, the girl or boy that may be interested would only like you for your fashion, do you really want some woman liking you for your fashion only? Hope you keep your newly refurbished scarf on when you are having sex or she will most likely be disappointed. On the other hand, Fashion may look good if the girl is a *** dumpster and want to hide how ****ty she is by dressing up in "fashion" to trick you. If you are a guy, this means you are gay, women don't like men in silk, skinny jeans and poke dot sweater.

Take my word guys, this is a warning on how to be better.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Fashion is for the ugly, and most likely gay in my opinion, it sickens me that most people waste their money to have the latest and greatest fashion to hide how bad they look. If you look good, you can rock anything under the sun, if you look bad, the girl or boy that may be interested would only like you for your fashion, do you really want some woman liking you for your fashion only? Hope you keep your newly refurbished scarf on when you are having sex or she will most likely be disappointed. On the other hand, Fashion may look good if the girl is a *** dumpster and want to hide how ****ty she is by dressing up in "fashion" to trick you. If you are a guy, this means you are gay, women don't like men in silk, skinny jeans and poke dot sweater.

so what your saying is, your mom dresses you.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Look at this guy getting all enraged about clothes.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
so what your saying is, your mom dresses you.
Very cute post, but I am afraid that it wasn't cute enough, try to come up with better stupidity next time, and maybe I will clap or give you a piece of my burger. Let me simplify it for you, my mom doesn't dress me. I just don't feel the need to spend tons of cash on the latest and greatest turtle necks when I am already sexy. I just shop at walmart/H and M, very cheap, good quality, and ladies respect it Vs the guy that tries to hard and only shops at express and Ambecomby crap.

Look at this guy getting all enraged about clothes.
I just gave my opinion, you are the enraged one that quoted me because you are bitter.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i've started wearing high top adidas and more button up shirts and polos. t-shirts have gotten somewhat annoying to me. don't know why.

such a sad individual.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
i've started wearing high top adidas and more button up shirts and polos. t-shirts have gotten somewhat annoying to me. don't know why.

such a sad individual.
Got something to say, PM me your number, we can discuss this over phone call, I don't want to clog up the forum, lets hear you spew trash out your mouth.

Jane

Smash Hero

Fashion is for the ugly, and most likely gay in my opinion,
actually, fashion is for anyone that cares about their appearance. EVERYONE, one some level, cares about fashion. its just a matter of how much.

it sickens me that most people waste their money to have the latest and greatest fashion to hide how bad they look.
oh? what do you waste YOUR money on thats so much greater than clothes? video games? lol

if you look bad, the girl or boy that may be interested would only like you for your fashion, do you really want some woman liking you for your fashion only?
interest in a person's internal character and personality has little to do with how you dress. if a girl likes you, it is almost certainly for more than just your fashion style. but i'm sure you know all about that.

On the other hand, Fashion may look good if the girl is a *** dumpster and want to hide how ****ty she is by dressing up in "fashion" to trick you.
by dressing up in "fashion" to trick you.
hahaha. i just... dont even have anything in rebuttal to this.

If you are a guy, this means you are gay, women don't like men in silk, skinny jeans and poke dot sweater.
women like a lot of different things. there is a woman out there that likes every possible style on a guy.

:laugh:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Very cute post, but I am afraid that it wasn't cute enough, try to come up with better stupidity next time, and maybe I will clap or give you a piece of my burger. Let me simplify it for you, my mom doesn't dress me. I just don't feel the need to spend tons of cash on the latest and greatest turtle necks when I am already sexy. I just shop at walmart/H and M, very cheap, good quality, and ladies respect it Vs the guy that tries to hard and only shops at express and Ambecomby crap.

I just gave my opinion, you are the enraged one that quoted me because you are bitter.
You are calling people "*** dumpsters" and debasing their assumed sexual inclinations because of the clothes they choose to wear. That is pretty extreme and angry language where I come from.

I admit, your earlier post upset me, but only because it's very sad to see someone as full of hate and malaise as you.

but then again, it is also funny, and worth quoting for posterity because it's entertaining.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
hes right though. girls can smell tryhard a mile away. thats why i wear fedoras and khaki shorts. its comfy, lo w effort AND stylish. cya at the finish line virgins

edit: anyone who disagrees with danzos arm should probably post a pic of their normal getup. cause you probably look ridiculous.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
you guys seem to think that anyone that pays attention to how they look automatically pays alotta money for clothes for some reason. not everyone is running around trying to dress like lady gaga or trying to fit in with whatever is popular at the time. some people prefer to dress a certain way without being gay, which is actually possible

Got something to say, PM me your number, we can discuss this over phone call, I don't want to clog up the forum, lets hear you spew trash out your mouth.

are you e-thuggin, bruh? don't try that **** with me.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
you guys seem to think that anyone that pays attention to how they look automatically pays alotta money for clothes for some reason. not everyone is running around trying to dress like lady gaga or trying to fit in with whatever is popular at the time. some people prefer to dress a certain way without being gay, which is actually possible.

your turn, tryhard.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
you guys seem to think that anyone that pays attention to how they look automatically pays alotta money for clothes for some reason. not everyone is running around trying to dress like lady gaga or trying to fit in with whatever is popular at the time. some people prefer to dress a certain way without being gay, which is actually possible

are you e-thuggin, bruh? don't try that **** with me.
Let us not get all excited here "bruh" you are the gangsta wannabe that has a problem with my opinion and dismisses me as sad. I just wanted to have an convo with you instead of forum clutter, and maybe you would have something more to say than your "well thought out" internet post
/sarcasm
Mr. Gangsta, you try that ****, home dog mah diggah smasher, I call the police on you if you are trying to threaten me with gangsta. That is how we handle things in the civilized world.

actually, fashion is for anyone that cares about their appearance. EVERYONE, one some level, cares about fashion. its just a matter of how much.

oh? what do you waste YOUR money on thats so much greater than clothes? video games? lol

interest in a person's internal character and personality has little to do with how you dress. if a girl likes you, it is almost certainly for more than just your fashion style. but i'm sure you know all about that.

hahaha. i just... dont even have anything in rebuttal to this.

women like a lot of different things. there is a woman out there that likes every possible style on a guy.

:laugh:
Slow down there cowboy, you have no idea what you are talking about, it is obvious you posted before you even had the slightest idea on what to say. I spend my money on things like, food, bills, gf, cats, and the occasional movie not 200 dollar turtle necks because I read something in a fashion mag. I care for my appearance, doesn't mean I do my eyebrows, and wear freshly killed animals, for a shirt that costs 400 dollars a pop. Any fashion person will tell you that dressing well/caring what you look like isn't fashion. Dude, I will send you free copies of websters dictionary to help you with your stupidity.

You are calling people "*** dumpsters" and debasing their assumed sexual inclinations because of the clothes they choose to wear. That is pretty extreme and angry language where I come from.

I admit, your earlier post upset me, but only because it's very sad to see someone as full of hate and malaise as you.

but then again, it is also funny, and worth quoting for posterity because it's entertaining.
I didn't call anyone here *** dumpsters, I am given examples on what fashion is for. I am sharing my opinion and informing the people that are naive, and think they need fashion to not look like a bum near madison square garden. On to your next saying, ha, me sad and full of hate? I am sorry, you must have known me for over 15 years and ****, where the heck did you get that info out of that post dude? You read to much into my post and took it way to personally, hope you don't watch ABC news dude, you probably start crying and think they talking about you.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie
I see the immaturity level has risen beyond saving, well, my opinion stands , and I can see you people will continue to waste your money on a new shirt with glitter, instead of buying food. I have nothing more to add here, years of evolution won't save you guys. Goodbye thread.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
**** guys I have a problem, I went out to buy food and I accidentally bought a bunch of clothes instead.

Any advice? I don't know how long my kids will keep believing that denim is the same as blue beef jerky.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I see the immaturity level has risen beyond saving, well, my opinion stands , and I can see you people will continue to waste your money on a new shirt with glitter, instead of buying food. I have nothing more to add here, years of evolution won't save you guys. Goodbye thread.
glitter shirts, turtlenecks, are you stuck in 1996 or something?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** guys I have a problem, I went out to buy food and I accidentally bought a bunch of clothes instead.

Any advice? I don't know how long my kids will keep believing that denim is the same as blue beef jerky.
The harder part now is hiding the fact that you're gay from the rest of your family.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
keep hating, tryhards. im not surprised at all to see you all intimidated by a casually well dresesd smasher. i understand comfort is a foreign concept in tryhard fashion. everyone think they chudat and next thing you know their balls are crushed by skinny jeans. oh and im definitely not surprised to see there's no more pictures being posted. but im in no rush, im quite comfy right here ;)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

I wear ties more days than not. And a belt. And I tuck in my shirt.

Anyone that thinks "tryharding" with clothes is not worth it doesn't make any money. Period. First impressions in business are huge. I try to be the best dressed person among my peers at work, and it gets me ahead.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Same, Dast.

People are gonna judge you based on your appearance, fact of life, deal with it.

Plus, I like looking good.

Also, this thread is now diamonds, and I don't play Smash. Hurr durr.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
keep hating, tryhards. im not surprised at all to see you all intimidated by a casually well dresesd smasher. i understand comfort is a foreign concept in tryhard fashion. everyone think they chudat and next thing you know their balls are crushed by skinny jeans. oh and im definitely not surprised to see there's no more pictures being posted. but im in no rush, im quite comfy right here ;)
The mental picture I got on this post is hilarious.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Eighteenspikes: the pic you posted of your back in the gym thread is clearly not the same person and the one of you in this thread. At least one of you is lying.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

I wear ties more days than not. And a belt. And I tuck in my shirt.

Anyone that thinks "tryharding" with clothes is not worth it doesn't make any money.
Not always true. Once my dad passed a certain point at his company he was told that he didn't have to dress formally. He hasn't worn a tie to work in years.

Edit: sorry about the double.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
fedora. all the time.

at least the old black ladies i work with think i'm classy : /

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Man, you ruined it. You were on top with that last post now this one made it too obvious. A good troll stops when he's ahead.

Top Bottom