• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers and Fashion.

Big_R

Smash Champion
boot cut jeans and v necks. sub in shorts for heat and crew neck for real cold. altho i have been meaning to get some warm v neck long sleeve shirts. gotta give the ladies a lil of the chest/neck.

i rock flops and skater shoes. leather pumas when im feelin fancy. if i was to start from scratch id go mad italy with it. i'm all about wearing something to show the chest lately.

id do my hair usually but ive got it to a pt where i like it not done. unlike some i think a pull it off alright. i guess i would have to think that tho haha.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you have to wear something special on a date? ALL my clothes are good clothes

Jane

Smash Hero
not really "special," just has to be clothes that make you look good, hopefully better than you normally look.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Girl doesn't know what looks good until I show her what looks good. Don't need to put effort into it though

Jane

Smash Hero
you right, you don't NEED to put effort into your wardrobe, the only real requirement is that you don't smell like *** and/or look like a bum. with solid game, your clothes won't matter, but they certainly help.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm partially colorblind so at the very least I make sure whatever I'm wearing is either some combination of black/white/gray, or that, if I do use a color, all articles of clothing are very similar in color. I don't try different colors because I've been called out on clashing too many times when I thougth what I was wearing looked just fine.

I also buy gamer apparell, but nothing over the top. Something respectable.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I take care of myself and everything but my fashion sense is extremely obnoxious especially for someone my age (22)

I mean at work I look professional and all but outside of that you'd never guess I'm out of high school, my clothes are all either cute or nerdy

TANK64

Smash Lord
This thread is great. Only read like first and last page but still very interesting. and yea, you have to be looking pretty bad/smelling for it to really hurt your game (unfortunately lots of smashers/gamers are like this -____-), but exceptional appearance can definitely help you (so why wouldn't you lol).

I wear jeans/slacks everyday- prefer jeans. Don't wear shorts really. For a top- usually a black graphic T, or a dress shirt of some sort. Always wear jackets. Love blazers (with T, or button down). My hair is gorgeous so I usually do that. If I wear a hat it is probably a fitted cap... or fedora... or beret lol. Usually were loafers.

Being in fashion, and a smasher- Cool topic.

Staz

Smash Lord
just bought some new clothes ^.^ I love wearing them and feelin confident like a mutha *****.

I feel like I could go about being myself more when I do.

Briimstone

Smash Rookie
I always try to look nice and fashionable. Although, I don't try to stand out, just look clean.

Pants-wear: I usually wear plain old light blue/dark blue/black skinny jeans, and occasionally, shorts(usually colored).

Shirts and things: Pretty varied. I love V-necks and flannels, but I also love my cardigans and sweaters. Most of the time when I wear a flannel that's unbuttoned I'll tuck the t shirt in. Unbuttoned, the shirts are untucked. Obvisouly, cardigans with last button unbuttoned, and a nice matching v-neck under it.

Shoes/Belts: My belts are always dependent on what I'm wearing, but it's usually a beige or my clean cut casual black belt. As for shoes, I switch out with my vans(black/grey and baby blue), high tops, or boating shoes.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
People should talk about their hair too imo.

I've been highlighting mine all different styles since early 2010.

First was red and gold, then was bronze and gold, now is a small amount of gold, copper, and dark red.

This last time around it looks really natural, and while the other two styles blended really naturally, it was a lot less subtle.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
£60, but they're immaculate and in done in a way that you could never do yourself, and even if you had someone helping you they'd have to be trained.

I got it done for 45 this time around though because I've been a regular for a while and the guy who usually does my hair got me a discount ha.

Jasou

Smash Ace
T-shirt and shorts. Everyday, rain, snow, or hail.
This^ everyday, I just can't do jeans. I don't even wear a jacket much either. I also make sure that I am wearing clean clothes and also look at the mirror once in a while. I don't brush my hair because messy is my favorite hairstyle and I normally like how my hair looks(I will brush my hair though if it looks bad).

@Tank I agree, I haven't been to any tourneys really but whenever I'm at my club I always make sure I don't smell(I do this a lot anyway, so I never really do smell), because it definitely would affect my game negatively.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Definitely bro. Helps your game + helps confidence (which REALLY helps your game). I can distinctively remember almost all women I've been with saying "[Damn, you smell good]" when we first met/weren't really close before. Not saying that a nice cologne/deodorant will have you ****ing her by sundown, but women like it when they get close and get a pleasant surprise; hygiene is sexy. Smelly dudes just make me shake my head lol.

@Briimstone- I like your style.

People should talk about their hair too imo.
My hair is gorgeous
lol but seriously. Mine is half bleached half natural (Black). Sides are short, and top is past my eyes- but I'm about to cut it all off. I'm waiting 'till after Halloween though. Gonna be nightcrawler!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I must see this hair I'm intrigued.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm all for a good smelling man. Even though I've been with my boy for a bit over a year and a half now, I still tell him all the time when I reckon he's smelling good. He doesn't always have deodorant on either.

rhan

Smash Hero
I go to tournies to style on others.
Cuz you guys make it look easy.

Then I go around town (If it's in a decent area) and **** **** up.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Smelling good makes you passably attractive even if physically you aren't attractive at all. Just the fact that being in close proximity to someone is such a pleasant experience is kinda hot imo. :D

Gorgeous + smells great = me dead

Jane

Smash Hero
i like to smell like my deodorant. dat **** smell good. other than that, no extra scents for me.

maybe after shave, i havent shaved in a while though. but dat **** smell good too.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
don't overkill it though. i hate when people smell like they walked out of a scented douche factory
It's why I use mildly scented roll deodorant and cologne.

Also, Paco Rabanne should be outlawed.

mzink*

Smash Ace
A mild scent of cologne or lotion or perfume is nice and usually makes me want to sniff whoever the smell is coming from. But being nearly knocked out by someones cologne or something makes me want to steer clear.

As for me, I just put on lotion that smells nice, but other than that I usually just smell like fresh clean clothes lol. At least thats what my friends tell me. But clean is the only good thing about my clothing selection. Most of them are pretty old and faded and most of my jeans are torn from use. I usually wear jeans and a t shirt or a hoodie. Every once in a while I do set aside money to get some nice clothes, but its rare. Its just sort of near the lower end of my priority list right now. So I'm not the greatest with fashion. But I'm happy just being comfortable.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
A mild scent of cologne or lotion or perfume is nice and usually makes me want to sniff whoever the smell is coming from. But being nearly knocked out by someones cologne or something makes me want to steer clear.
Soo true. Axe has forever been ruined for me due to idiots in the 8th grade spraying the entire boys' restroom, which caused the scent to flood the girls' restroom (which made me cough my freakin' lungs out ; ~ ; ). Actually, I'm half certain it was really chemical warfare and they sprayed it in the vents, since we have a connected vent with them. The little cretins...

I don't like when people have really strong smells.....it's just nasty. And why would you need something that strong? Natural odor something godawful? Jeeeeez

Jasou

Smash Ace
Soo true. Axe has forever been ruined for me due to idiots in the 8th grade spraying the entire boys' restroom, which caused the scent to flood the girls' restroom (which made me cough my freakin' lungs out ; ~ ; ). Actually, I'm half certain it was really chemical warfare and they sprayed it in the vents, since we have a connected vent with them. The little cretins...

I don't like when people have really strong smells.....it's just nasty. And why would you need something that strong? Natural odor something godawful? Jeeeeez
^^^^^This is why I like normal scent, except I have never tried cologne.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I just recently started caring about fashion. (still swagless as **** lmao)

What's good? I used to wear baggy jeans and a random T-shirt but now I'm wearing skinny jeans and more good looking, more my size T-shirts.

I don't know if I should ask here, but what's everyone's view on shaving? I shave maybe once every week but I'm thinking I should shave more.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to shave every day to look good. I have to look good mostly because my job though.

Jane

Smash Hero
it just all depends on how fast your hair grows back, as well as how good facial hair looks on you personally.

Jasou

Smash Ace
My facial hair grows really damn fast. Some of my friends were talking about how they have been growing their facial hair for a few weeks, when i'm just trying to keep it down. I shave every 3 days, I might need to shave more. :king:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I shave when I need to. Seeing as how my facial grows with a mind of it's own sometimes.
As for what you wear, it should totally reflect what you like and what looks good to you.

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

I remember years ago (when I was like 8) on new year's eve when these ***holes who were at our house decided to lock themselves in my room. I dunno what they were doing in there (doubt it was sex or making out even), but still wtf this was my house, and my room, what were they doing in there?

So I got a can of Lynx (it's what Axe is called over here due to trademark issues :3), and sprayed that **** relentlessly through the keyhole. They were all like "omg we're choking in here", to which I replied "then maybe you should GET OUT OF MY ROOM"

So to answer your question, spray deodorant is indeed the greatest form of child chemical warfare.

Roll ons work much better though anyway, and they're nowhere near as caustic smelling.

As for cologne, unless it's Paco Rabanne or something, I really don't see it being overpowering. Colognes use are alcohol and generally mild ingredients (unlike deodorants), so even if you emptied an entire bottle onto yourself you won't smell as overpowering as you would after you sprayed a bit too much deodorant.

Tbh boys should stick to strong anti antiperspirants for their underarms instead of deodorants, and then spray some cologne, imo.

Edit: I left that house when I was 14, so six years after, and if I put my nose to the keyhole of my room and sniffed, I could still smell the Lynx. That's how much I sprayed and how strong that stuff is.

Top Bottom