• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Amide

Smash Lord
What happened to Debate with your Power? I don't see it anywhere, and I don't think it was done.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I has a question

Why do other people get away with insulting others, but if I do, I get warned? D:

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You just linked to two different rooms x_x

and...you didn't get an infraction for insulting anyone. I gave you an infraction because your sig was too big for your post =p

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, I pretty much give people sig infractions without prejudice.
I try to give people new to the room warnings first.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
My search tool hasn't been working. If I look something up all that appears is a white screen. Advanced search is the same. Only user searches go through. Anyone else experience this problem?

Veng

Smash Ace
I want a name change on here and I was wondering.. do I need premium member to do that?

I cant figure out how to become one.. or if there is some one who could change my name.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Ask an admin but generally I don't think they just do it at requests.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I want a name change on here and I was wondering.. do I need premium member to do that?

I cant figure out how to become one.. or if there is some one who could change my name.
Premium memberships are completely out of commission, and have no plans of being reinstated.

As of now, there's no way to change your name, unless an admin gets bored and decides to pull a prank on you.

flaco

The Terminator
My search tool hasn't been working. If I look something up all that appears is a white screen. Advanced search is the same. Only user searches go through. Anyone else experience this problem?
I got the same problem man sometimes it works and sometimes it does not why?

people we have some problems look at these we have people talking **** about smashboards and yes I mean ****

take a look

http://forums.startpause.com/viewto...ghlight=&sid=ab662645c28f0cac225f651515dfcdd2

.Marik

is a social misfit
Oh, my bad.

Just thought I'd save you guys the trouble, and simply tell him the answer myself.

Patinator

Smash Champion
How old would a thread need to be in order for any rules applying to "bumping"/"necro-posting" to affect said "bumper"?

That question was surprisingly hard to spit out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
How old would a thread need to be in order for any rules applying to "bumping"/"necro-posting" to affect said "bumper"?

That question was surprisingly hard to spit out.
It's not a clear-cut answer, but I'll do my best to explain my perspective.

If you genuinely want to discuss a particular topic, it is generally OK to bump the topic under a few provisions. First, you have to make sure that the topic is still relevant to today. For example, bumping the topic on whether Roy is in Brawl is probably not a good choice. Second, you need to make sure you are bringing something somewhat new to the topic. If you are posting just to say LOL, think again. Third, make sure your post is not in direct response to some ancient post that the owner has completely forgotten about. You never know if someone's opinion has changed or if that person even cares anymore.

Does that help?

Patinator

Smash Champion
It's not a clear-cut answer, but I'll do my best to explain my perspective.

If you genuinely want to discuss a particular topic, it is generally OK to bump the topic under a few provisions. First, you have to make sure that the topic is still relevant to today. For example, bumping the topic on whether Roy is in Brawl is probably not a good choice. Second, you need to make sure you are bringing something somewhat new to the topic. If you are posting just to say LOL, think again. Third, make sure your post is not in direct response to some ancient post that the owner has completely forgotten about. You never know if someone's opinion has changed or if that person even cares anymore.

Does that help?
Yes. Thank you, Buzz.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ Am I allowed to advertise in Social Groups?

I'm pretty sure I've seen it done before, but I just thought I'd double-check. ♣

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah I am.
We don't allow spam magnets like that. Feel free to make a social group celebrating your posts, and inviting all your friends, though. :)

♣ Am I allowed to advertise in Social Groups?

I'm pretty sure I've seen it done before, but I just thought I'd double-check. ♣
Advertising is okay if it's on topic, ie "Street Fighter 4 social group, check out my new Street Fighter 4 website!"

Just don't go blatantly spamming random groups that have nothing to do with your website's topic.

flaco

The Terminator
I got a question why is it not legal to swear here if the first law of usa is these

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

you see here

the freedom of speech

so why can't we just a question

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I got a question why is it not legal to swear here if the first law of usa is these

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

you see here

the freedom of speech

That's not really what "free speech" means as it's used in the constitution.

Chaco

Never Logs In
When I look at Smashboards on my phone, on notifications. The advertisement bar goes over the notification drop down on some ads but others not. Why is this?

It kinda bugs me. o_o and to be specific, it's my iPhone, so not some crappy phone web.

flaco

The Terminator

you see here

the freedom of speech

could you guys give me and answer please

Top Bottom