• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Once a BRoomer, always a BRoomer, unless you somehow turn into a jerk/spam the room for +1.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Plus, there's no real reason to kick someone for being an 'inactive BRoomer.' Mods have a job to do, so if they're inactive they're not doing their job and should be replaced. There is a certain number of boards that need to be modded, so based on the number of people posting and the number of boards, there will be a certain amount of mods necessary. By contrast, there's no quota to fill with BRoomers. Just good people.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've always thought a replay browser would be a good idea. Y'know, like the Stage Browser, except for replays.

Out of interest, how was the Stage Browser developed? Is it built in functionality with vBulletin forum software?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Someone asked me this today but I was unsure.
Are you allowed to have more than one account on SWF?
You aren't allowed to have more than one account unless you ask permission and have a pretty legit reason. Multiple accounts are sometimes allowed for use in the Decisive Games forum.

I've always thought a replay browser would be a good idea. Y'know, like the Stage Browser, except for replays.

Out of interest, how was the Stage Browser developed? Is it built in functionality with vBulletin forum software?
That's a great idea, Vyse. Also, I don't know how SB was developed. We would have to get the robots up in here.

M.K

Level 55
Hello, everyone!
My friend Pink Reaper achieved Tournament Director status by hosting a Shoddy Battle Pokemon Tournament in the Poke Center forum.
I am also hosting a SWF 1st Annual Spriting Tournament in the Poke Center. Was it appropriate for me to have applied for Tournament Director status hosting this kind of tournament**? It involves competition, and I've made prizes.

**Yeah, I've already applied, I probably should have asked this BEFORE I applied, but I just now saw this thread.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I think they were talking about Smash tournaments with the whole Tournament Director thing.

D

Deleted member

When I logged on today, I had 9 more posts than when I logged off last night. Why is this?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm not entirely sure, but it's possible that a thread that you had 9 posts in may have been moved from a forum with post count disabled (Meet & Greet, User Blogs, Regional Social Rooms, etc), to a room that has post count enabled, like the Rubbish Bin.

Totally not sure what it is, but that's the most probable theory.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I rubbish binned some blogs you posted in.

Is post count seriously that important that people know it down to the number?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah, I just doublechecked. There were two spam threads by Eor that godsmith had 9 posts in combined.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Is there a reason why we can't quote people in social groups?
It's probably obvious, but I'm slow....

It would help if we could....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The newest version of vB has an updated social group system, including features such as quoting. Depends whether or not MLG updates.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
The newest version of vB has an updated social group system, including features such as quoting. Depends whether or not MLG updates.
That's awesome. I really hope they do update sometime soon.
But would there be a reason for them not to update?

Thanks for answering so quickly lol

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Is it possible to delete a Social Group that you created?

I created one a while back when the User Blogs had kind of...declined, for lack of a better word, but it's really improved now and I don't really see any reason for the group anymore. But after searching, I couldn't find a way to delete it...or even for me, the creator, to leave it.

If it has to be deleted by a Mod/SMod/Admin, could one do so for me? The name of the group is "R.I.P. The User Blogs."

Thanks in advance for any help.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yep it is =D
I actually just learned how a couple days ago haha

First you have to delete/remove all of the members
Then the "Delete group" option will appear near the bottom where it also says "Edit Group"

Chaco

Never Logs In
All you have to do is kick all of the members then it will give you the option of deleting.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, okay. Thanks guys.

Probably should've thought about trying that first.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Another Question I recieved.
When you press the report button does it only report the user or does it directly report the Post/Thread?

forward

Smash Champion
I would like to suggest that the rules be lightened up on.

I make posts that seem to make people laugh, and then I get bad points for them. Are you telling me I should not make people laugh? That humor is bad? That's some nazi bull****.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You're outta here, I'm tired of dealing with you.

If you wouldn't post stupid **** like "I want to have sex with a zombie britney spears," I wouldn't have to infract you.

This is not a room of 10-year olds.

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
I agree with forward.

It's the internet. It's not supposed to be serious business, espicially in a room thats supposed to contain random topics unrelated to smash.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Do you people even read the rules?

This has to be kept rated E.

E means NO SEX JOKES.

Why is it that I have to argue with someone about this every other day?

Top Bottom