• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Another question (I start sounding like flaco)...

Is there a possibility of adding format option to quick replies? I know it's possible because another vB board I'm on has it (It doesn't have all the options, just the ones you get when you edit a post using the "on-thread" or whatever option).

Would you guys consider it?

D

Deleted member

I was looking at very old threads and some people are "guests?"

My question is, What was a guest and what did it do, and can you still get it now?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Guests are people that were deleted in the forum crash of 03-04.

My name is in there too.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
My memory is pretty bad, but I think that's wrong. I don't even think there was a great forum crash of 03-04, I think it was just 03. :p

The deleted users was kind of a freak thing IIRC that happened around that same time. Their accounts just sort of disappeared. I don't think we ever found out why (or recovered the accounts).

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I remember SWF consistently being offline for about 2 months right around the same time that our **** got deleted =p

03-04 as in either 03 or 04, or 03 to 04, because I didn't for sure know which year.

gawd kiki why are you being such a jerk to me today X(

flaco

The Terminator
Another question (I start sounding like flaco)...

Is there a possibility of adding format option to quick replies? I know it's possible because another vB board I'm on has it (It doesn't have all the options, just the ones you get when you edit a post using the "on-thread" or whatever option).

Would you guys consider it?
what do you mean like flaco?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Guests are people that were deleted in the forum crash of 03-04.

My name is in there too.
Oh yeah, I forgot you're just Azua's Dead Body.

What were the first few college classes you people took?
I am in high school, on my second year and I am starting some college classes right now. So I am curios on what other people are taking or took.
This isn't really suited for this thread (as it's about questions and suggestions directly relating to the forum) but making a new thread for this discussion would be a good idea!

D

Deleted member

I just remembered from a long time ago. I vaguely remember a room in an old forum called Fire Sanctuary or Ring of Fire, or something like that. I think it was for flaming.
Is it on the new forums, but hidden? Or did it stay on the old (pd64 I think) forum?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Fire Sanctuary, I think. I don't know what happened, but I assume it was deleted, because I've never seen it here. If not, then the room is probably hidden and locked, like the old School forum

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
What's with all the new mods that have appeared?

There's atleast 3 newish mods that I've seen, I think. And what's up with that? Did you decide you needed new mods to help keep the place running smoothly? Or did you just add them because they contributed a lot, like Jam?

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ Can we just put a random thread of our own in the request box for becoming a Smash Director (I think... it's the ones with the blue names), instead of actually linking to a real tourney thread?

I know it may seem like an obvious question, but the reason I ask this is because I've seen a lot of n00bs with blue names that don't really seem like they could possibly hold a tourney... Okay, that doesn't really sound fair or nice, but... You know. ♣

flaco

The Terminator
Hey guys sorry to bother but I have a problem I get these error when I click the link whats going on the thing to see all the members online

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/smashboards/public_html/sources/action_public/online.php on line 293

why

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why are some of the mod's names green now?
Which ones? Some might have been mods who have stepped down and are just displaying themselves as a Broomer.

♣ Can we just put a random thread of our own in the request box for becoming a Smash Director (I think... it's the ones with the blue names), instead of actually linking to a real tourney thread?

I know it may seem like an obvious question, but the reason I ask this is because I've seen a lot of n00bs with blue names that don't really seem like they could possibly hold a tourney... Okay, that doesn't really sound fair or nice, but... You know. ♣
No, you have to link to a tournament/regular meets thread. The main idea is that the hosts then add their info to the smash calender.

Hey guys sorry to bother but I have a problem I get these error when I click the link whats going on the thing to see all the members online

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/smashboards/public_html/sources/action_public/online.php on line 293

why
Because there was a Parse error with syntax, expecting to find the T_FUNCTION in /home/smashboards/public_html/sources/action_public/online.php on line 293, but it was not there.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
May I suggest a tracking option? Such as the one in GameFaqs. You can click an option called 'track thread' in a tread. And if you ever want a quick link back to it, go to a 'Threads tracked' option and click the thread you want to go to.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Is there a possibility of adding format options to quick replies? I (it is possible and it doesn't have all the format options, just the essentials: B I U, IMG, etc.) It saves a lot of time.
--

May I suggest a tracking option? Such as the one in GameFaqs. You can click an option called 'track thread' in a tread. And if you ever want a quick link back to it, go to a 'Threads tracked' option and click the thread you want to go to.
That's what the User CP is for.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yes, but posting in hidden forums could be considered spam... seeing as they're hidden for a reason.

D

Deleted member

You know how when you're banned your title is banned or banned (6 points)? I looked on someones profile and it said "Suspended".

First of all, what does this even mean? Secondly, can you get unsuspended?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
That means some tard kept posting blogs when they were banned, and we're tired of dealing with them.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you want easy access to a thread Suscribe to it.
At the top of a thread there will be a display of options.
Click "Thread Tools" and then "Suscribe to Thread"
To view your subscribtions go to your user CP which is on the Display Bar on the top of the Site.

Is there a possibility of adding format options to quick replies? I (it is possible and it doesn't have all the format options, just the essentials: B I U, IMG, etc.) It saves a lot of time.
--
I second this request.

Another request I have is adding the spoiler option to either quick replies or quick edit.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'm not able to upload pictures to an album for some reason. It says it needs .bin files, and I'm uploading a .bin snapshot directly from the SD card, but it still says "Invalid File"

Should I know anything else about this, or is it just down now?

flaco

The Terminator
If you want easy access to a thread Suscribe to it.
At the top of a thread there will be a display of options.
Click "Thread Tools" and then "Suscribe to Thread"
To view your subscribtions go to your user CP which is on the Display Bar on the top of the Site.

I second this request.

Another request I have is adding the spoiler option to either quick replies or quick edit.
um just a reminder

Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
I will warn the next person who posts without a question, or answers a question and they aren't a Mod.

D

Deleted member

^^ lol at irony
If rep ever returns, will we keep our rep from before or will it begin anew?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It's okay, flaco was the second to post inappropriately, I guess. Although he still posted his sig, which is definitely listed in the first post of the thread as something to not do.

And no one is considering bringing rep back, so there's no way to even answer that.

Top Bottom