• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
i need help finding the forum where you can exchange friend codes, its been four years since ive been on and i forgot about it can someone help me?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'm getting insane issues with load time lately, but only on the desktop version of the site, not the mobile version.
The site gets stuck permanently trying to load an ad from "a.tribalfusion.com".
This has happened to me at least once a day for the last couple weeks. Any ideas on why it's taking so long to load whatever ad this is?

Cassio

Smash Master
Is there any way to combine accounts? I have a fairly old account and would like to have them linked together if possible.

Frown

poekmon
I'm getting insane issues with load time lately, but only on the desktop version of the site, not the mobile version.
This has happened to me at least once a day for the last couple weeks. Any ideas on why it's taking so long to load whatever ad this is?
I'll let an admin answer this one.

Is there any way to combine accounts? I have a fairly old account and would like to have them linked together if possible.
Unfortunately not. The only thing you can do is go back to the old one and ask to have your current one deleted.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I checked and other people are getting it, so...

until it's fixed I suggest installing Adblock, it works for this I guess. Unless it's not happening anymore.

flaco

The Terminator
why is the skin revolution not working right I am using the new Mozilla Firefox and it does not work correctly some icons are missing am I the only one getting these error?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Moving this question--

I just re-read the Global Rules.

Why are animated avatars prohibited? I know it requires an animated PNG, which is the only thing that's kept me from having one until now, since I don't know how to make such a thing. Of course I won't do it now, but, I just figured I would ask about it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've seen the reason given as that it's ugly to look at and that it increases page load time.
I think Frown knows about this more than myself since I believe he tried having an animated png like you said.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions.

1. MK is still technically legal again will M2K participate in any tournaments or has he quit?

2. it's been a long time since the last tier list are there any plans for an updated list?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have two questions.

1. MK is still technically legal again will M2K participate in any tournaments or has he quit?

2. it's been a long time since the last tier list are there any plans for an updated list?
1. Meta Knight is legal in certain regions. It is my understanding that Mew2King still plays the game.

2. Yes, there are. It's about that time.

Frown

poekmon
The staff have actively prohibited animated avatars, it's not just a missing feature. The reason is basically the same as the signature dimension limit –*it may be nifty the first few times you see it but it can get really really annoying in the long run.

Also, the current avatar size limit is kept at 40 kB to keep down load time for users with slow connection. This is far from enough for an animated avatar unless you want it extremely low-rez with only a few frames of animation.

Long story short, I doubt we are getting animated avatars any time soon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The signature dimension limit doesn't really exist anymore. There is a setting to allow you to display full signatures, old (limited size) signatures or no signatures. I agree about animated gifs becoming obnoxious though

MrJohanson

Smash Rookie
I'm brand new here (Wed April 25) and i'm wondering how to actually do a tournament. Do you sign up on the site or do you just show up to the tournament. also, the tournament list is VERY confusing to me. (symbols and abbreviations and such) help would be greatly appriciated.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm brand new here (Wed April 25) and i'm wondering how to actually do a tournament. Do you sign up on the site or do you just show up to the tournament. also, the tournament list is VERY confusing to me. (symbols and abbreviations and such) help would be greatly appriciated.
Based on context clues, I assume that when you say "how to do a tournament," you mean how you join/enter.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Generally speaking, all important information, such as schedule, address, cost, and the like will be listed at the beginning of each thread. Unless they explicitly say, "You have to preregister (which is almost never the case for anything smaller than a national event)", you just show up to the place at the specified time and pay whatever entry fees they ask for.

As for abbreviations and the like, it tends to be pretty straightforward. Above the list of threads, you can click on a specific area (if your location is accurate, Missouri would put you in the Midwest), and it will only display tournaments in that area.

Do you have any specific abbreviations you don't understand?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What will happen to the first user that reaches 1 million post on SWF?
Some admins can and have manually changed post counts to be much higher, if I recall correctly.

As for a person who achieves that through normal means, hopefully they go outside.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If censor dodging is an infractable offense, why let us do it?

Same with trolling. If trolling is something you can get infracted for... why have the trollface smiley?

Am I missing something?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If censor dodging is an infractable offense, why let us do it?

Same with trolling. If trolling is something you can get infracted for... why have the trollface smiley?

Am I missing something?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean, why give people the ability to censor dodge?

We can't get rid of every version of every curse via a censor. Otherwise, something like "assess" or "assassinate" would be blocked and it would be a pain. Plus, there are characters that look like letters, and there are too many variations to cover them all.

Trollface emoticon is there because it's popular and people really like image macros. You can put a trollface without trolling, and the important thing here is that we don't want people to be offended.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
I have to know, is there any reasonable way to see who replied on a thread you replied? The whole reason I cannot really "get into" smashboards is because of how difficult it is to see reactions to your responses.

Top Bottom