• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

BSP

Smash Legend
I can only see the URC. Everything else is gone. Is that just a change?

~there should be a policy that if your question doesn't get answered in 3 days, you get a free month of premium :p

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I continue my complaints against the admins of this site:

It has now been 3 months since I was removed from the ability to advertise my livestream. An admin, MLG_JV ordered me to have my privelages revoked without reason and without warning. Within these last few months he has NEVER shown up to give any reason for this, and he has NEVER ONCE even returned to the site. This is infinite detention without reason, and if this forum and the site complaint forum exist for any reason at all, then they are there to fix injustices like this!

Without objection it is obvious that I am the number one contributor to the well-being of Smash streaming. There is not a smash stream in existence that has not benefitted from some of my help, either through promotion or advice on quality adjustments. I started the Melee State of the Game where I have contributed to the common understanding of the game by having top pros talk about their experiences and share their knowledge, and the Smashboards.com leadership has shown that they want none of that. I alone started the Team Smashbros section of Twitch.tv (twitch.tv/team/smashbros) where all smash streams could be centrally located and together improve our popularity. There is also not a shred of evidence against me on my contribution or any wrongdoing, and I continue to be disallowed to advertise my stream on this site for what the admins agree to be no reason at all.

Please voice your concerns by personally messaging mic_128 (as he is the only admin that I am sure even reads his messages) and posting in this forum, because you have been given no place else to discuss this.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'll ask for you.
Sorry that it's been so long, this really is ridiculous.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
For all that PEEF has done for our community, this is a total outrage. I really hope for the sake of all of us he can get his well-deserved privileges back.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its kind of appalling that this has gone on so long. I don't always agree with peef, but the man has good intentions and contributes to the community. I know this isn't a democracy and we have no rights on this site, but denying privileges without explanation is wrong and i've come to expect better from SWF admins and MLG employees.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Its kind of appalling that this has gone on so long. I don't always agree with peef, but the man has good intentions and contributes to the community. I know this isn't a democracy and we have no rights on this site, but denying privileges without explanation is wrong and i've come to expect better from SWF admins and MLG employees.
I agree with this post 100%.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Nice post, think I'll steal it >_> But seriously I hope things clear up soon, I guess it was a pretty convinient time for your trip at least lol...

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
who is the main leader of SWF? Im sure they can do somthing about peef's problem, especially since the the guy who baned peef is obviously not coming back any time soon.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
If he's not around to enforce his stupid, petty ban on your stream, why even follow it?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I just want to add my support for Peef as a member of the PMBR and as a person. No one can say in their right mind that Peef ever did anything to deserve such a treatment; or at least, if you can't bring evidence that he deserves such drastic punishment, I don't see how it can be considered justified.

I'm fairly neutral toward Peef, but he was pretty devastated when this happened to him right after he helped setting up streams at an event.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I would also like to add my support for Peef. Nobody can deny all he's done for the community.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
I may not have said much in these boards (just about amounting to lurking and only posting once in a blue moon), but I would also like to add support to PEEF as a member who frequently watches the PM thread. I hope that PEEF regains his privileges to advertise his streams; such blatant use of administrative power is severely disappointing.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Peef is IMHO the coolest streamer... His stream is the only stream i can watch while at school, cause twitch won't let me watch other streams through proxies...

So i say give him back his ad privileges... now... he needs them...

ds22

Smash Lord
I know PEEF from his activities in the PMBR and I gotta say that he doesn't deserve this ban nor did he do anything to deserve it (especially if you consider what he did for the community).

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
who is the main leader of SWF? Im sure they can do somthing about peef's problem, especially since the the guy who baned peef is obviously not coming back any time soon.
MLG JV is. He's been online recently actually, but it's still aggravating I would imagine to not have received an answer.

How do you become a moderator?
They're handpicked by the staff, so that every moderator is fresh off the vine and ready to be made into 100% natural grape juice. They're usually chosen when a new moderator is needed/a board needs a mod, and they have to be, so far as I can tell, good posters and all that stuff.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
They're handpicked by the staff, so that every moderator is fresh off the vine and ready to be made into 100% natural grape juice. They're usually chosen when a new moderator is needed/a board needs a mod, and they have to be, so far as I can tell, good posters and all that stuff.
Another question.

Are the Moderators assigned to moderate a particular area on smash world forums , or are they required to moderate the whole website?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Another question.

Are the Moderators assigned to moderate a particular area on Smash World Forums , or are they required to moderate the whole website?
Regular moderators are assigned to a particular section of the forum. However, super moderators and the like, moderate and encompass all of SWF.

The moderators of a particular section are always displayed at the bottom right of the forum that they moderate. You can also view who moderates which section if you click on "Forum Leaders" link near the bottom of the index on the main page.

edit: Jungle. >:I

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Regular moderators mod specific areas. Super moderators sweep the site
Regular moderators are assigned to a particular section of the forum. However, super moderators and the like, moderate and encompass all of SWF.

The moderators of a particular section are always displayed at the bottom right of the forum that they moderate. You can also view who moderates which section if you click on "Forum Leaders" link near the bottom of the index on the main page.

edit: Jungle. >:I
I see.

Can I be a regular moderator assigned for the Central & South America? I'm from that region and I don't think their is any moderators for that region.

Frown

poekmon
I see.

Can I be a regular moderator assigned for the Central & South America? I'm from that region and I don't think their is any moderators for that region.
Just a tip for the future: If you want to be a moderator, do not ask for it. Just try to be active and responsible and make sure you become well known within the community.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
hey i had a question ????? why is the site lik purple and slowpoke ?? are you guys going to change it bak??? for mobile its hard to go on here??? are u guys going to go bak to smashboards fourms

:phone:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I'm assuming this is an April Fool's thing, should be back by tomorrow.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Can the Slowpoke skin be available for use? I really liked it.:applejack:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
You should have it since you have premium. It's "Classic Violet"

Top Bottom