• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

ddinero

Smash Rookie
Good evening, all.

I'm a fellow Super Smash Brothers Brawl player. I'm definitely not as well-practiced as I once was. However, I currently work at a local YMCA. I am thinking of having a fund raiser event for the local YMCA teen programs and I thought why not through setting up a SSB:B tournament.

If I could any of the staff member's help, tips, or tricks, that would be great. I'm not sure where to direct a thread or opportunity like this since I am very out of touch with the Brawl community.

I'm located about an hour north of Seattle. But I wanted to offer the local community a place to compete since I rarely see local tourneys in my area. I did enter the GameStop (or was it the other one?) tourney before when Brawl first came out and that was a blast. I think with some advertising in my local area, I could get a lot of players and fans to watch.

Again, please feel free to contact me if you could help me out. I just want to provide a venue with a few concessions at a low rate in order to fund raise for the YMCA programs I coordinate.

Thanks.

- David

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hey David.

You're likely to find people in your area to discuss this with in the Pacific West Social room (http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=214). If you get enough attention, you might even consider having your tournament hosted on the tournament listings page (http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51&prefixid=PacWest) for your region, although I would not recommend doing that until you learn how to set the thread up correctly and know you might get some interest from people around you etc. In any case you should definitely be able to find someone to help you in the social room at the least.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I am posting here (again) because the Admins of Smashboards are refusing to respond to my post in Forum Support. I have shown that I was not justly removed from the Smash Ambassadors, I was not justly removed the Livestream Editors group, I was not justly denied permission to the Livestream Forum.

I have agreed to not stream Project:M (which I was not instructed not to stream before). The person that apparently wanted me to be removed from these groups and asked me not to have these permissions has been gone for 1.5-2 months, and has shown no signs of returning. The admins have not responded to my thread in Forum Support in two weeks now. In the meantime I have established Team Smashbros, an official twitch.tv page for the support and huge benefit of smash streaming (www.twitch.tv/team/smashbros) which they have not responded to, even after my prompting, and I have posted a guide on the DOs and DONTs of livestreaming Smash Tournaments (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318262) which they have also not responded to.

I am being treated like a Guantanamo Bay detainee where I am punished indefinately without being able to face the person who apparently removed me from these groups. This is more than just a title for me, livestreaming is what I have worked so hard to provide to smashboards.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
PEEF I the analogy is a little off, since you aren't imprisoned or anything. That being said, you should defect and make a better smash site that has up to date live streams.

It is pretty dumb that smashboards only lets certain people advertise their livestreams. I mean, on teamliquid there are usually hundreds of streams advertised and the site picks streams from well known players as "featured streams", which they pretty often. They split up the livestreams by game played (BW, SC2, LoL, Dota2, Diablo3, and other) and allow the players to show what race they are playing (for starcraft streams). They also separate out personal streams from tournament streams. Translated to smash, that would be allowing players to post up their stream, include the people playing and the characters they play, and obviously separate by game. Tournaments would be placed on top showing what game is played and then a list below that shows what tournament streams are coming on soon.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We're not responding to your forum post because the only person who has the final say in your particular situation is JV_, unless you want us to make you feel better with some empty words followed by "but we can't do anything until JV_ gets back to you."

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Question-A nooby one-

How do I post visitor messages on other's pages? I there a setting I have to change or something?

Frown

poekmon
There is a specific post count one must have on the forums before being able to post on people's profiles, to prevent spam from adbots. Just keep being active on the boards and you will have the ability before you know it.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
There is a specific post count one must have on the forums before being able to post on people's profiles, to prevent spam from adbots. Just keep being active on the boards and you will have the ability before you know it.
Thank you

10chars

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
can you delete your own posts? I was almost certain you could, even thought I had done it before but I can't find any way to do so when editing posts. Maybe I'm thinking of another forum I used to go on, I just double posted and would have no problem splicing the posts together but what's the point if the one below says "*oops"

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
can you delete your own posts? I was almost certain you could, even thought I had done it before but I can't find any way to do so when editing posts. Maybe I'm thinking of another forum I used to go on, I just double posted and would have no problem splicing the posts together but what's the point if the one below says "*oops"
No, you can't delete your posts, but you can always edit your post to say that you double-posted by accident.

If you're really bothered by it, you can always ask the mod of whatever room you posted in to delete it for you.

R h y m e

Smash Apprentice
The "My account" section in the blogs panel is broken. Going to it results in a cluster of errors, at least for me. Any reason why?

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
If such a thread exists, can someone be so kind as to link me to a thread where I can see the videos of the best Japanese characters of each character, specifically samus, kirby, and luigi? I've tried for about an hour now and cannot find a Japanese video thread anywhere.

And on a side note, this doesn't really relate to smashboards but does anyone know when aib is supposed to be up and running again? I'm joneson for mah wifi!

Get Low

Smash Ace
Which sections of the boards can I post in and increase my post count? Which sections won't increase my post count?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Is there a way for me to ignore a thread?
eg if on a character board there is 1 thread that's very active but is of no interest to me, is there a way to ignore it so that it doesn't cause the character sub-forum to highlight as if it had a new, unread post somewhere?

Frown

poekmon
Ignoring threads on Smashboards is not possible, but it is an available vBulletin plugin which could be implemented. You could try to get an admin's attention and suggest it.

Hyl1anb0y

Smash Rookie
NNID
GirlsOfGaming
3DS FC
5386-9847-5569
is there any possible way to change my name? if i can't, if i get the account banned, will that affect me making a new account here?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You may PM the admins or post in Forum Support about making a new account and banning your current one.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I believe I have an extra name change for Premium. You can PM me the new name you want and I'll see if Virj can confirm I have an extra name change left.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Admins should consider handling situations where a user wants to register under the name of a person who is banned (especially banned seeking a name change). I'm not sure if it has happened, but it seems bad to me. If i change my name with premium, my old name is up for grabs by anyone.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I believe I have an extra name change for Premium. You can PM me the new name you want and I'll see if Virj can confirm I have an extra name change left.
No question here, so I can say this:

I don't think you can gift namechanges to others anymore.

KittyEddie

Smash Rookie
I Need Help With This

Does anyone know where the metadata is for the random level select option on common5.pac? like where you choose what levels will appear when choosing random on stage selection, that one, cause some of the pictures for the levels are wrong so i wanna change em

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
This is for site related questions. You should check in the specific forum for brawl hacking and mods.

archer.

Smash Lord
I ordered premium for a year back at the end of August and it just recently ended for no apparent reason. Who can I talk to/PM about getting this sorted out?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Admins should consider handling situations where a user wants to register under the name of a person who is banned (especially banned seeking a name change). I'm not sure if it has happened, but it seems bad to me.
That'd probably be on a case by case basis. Someone wanting the name of an account that was banned on '02 is different from someone wanting the name of someone who was banned a week ago.

If i change my name with premium, my old name is up for grabs by anyone.
correct

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Most people wouldn't even know its a banned account; they would type it in when registering and the site would say "nope!"

A solution could be to have a separate banned usergroup (called, say, "disposed"). There would be 2 possible ways to enter this group; after a banned account has been banned for X amount of time (say, 2 years) or immediately after a player decides to ban his account in order to make a new one.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, I was just wondering, I was interested to see what happened with thwe forums awards, but all the top thing ever does now is show livestreams. Is there any way to link me to the results if they've been put up yet?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Unfortunately we had a wonderful error with the blasted thing when it came to checking the results, and it needs ye olde MLG Tech to get it working again.

Sigh.:urg:

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
SHanghai!

Yo just wondering where I should ask if there is anyone at all playing smash MELEE in shanghai at the moment??

Im currently studying in shanghai, and have for one semester. When I went back to sweden during chinese new year break I realised how much I missed smash, and so i brought my gamecube with me to china, but i dont know any1 here who plays.

So im wondering is there any asian smashboardsish page?

Just wanna find someone to play with here in shanghai really. Pop

Top Bottom