• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Scooter

Smash Rookie
I'm just now getting into competitve brawl, but I don't know when the "season" starts or ends or what tournaments I can attend, I live in Indiana and would like to know if there is somewhere that holds tournaments for anyone to attend. I tried searching the forums for tournaments and answers for my questions, but I couldn't find anything. Thank you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm just now getting into competitve brawl, but I don't know when the "season" starts or ends or what tournaments I can attend, I live in Indiana and would like to know if there is somewhere that holds tournaments for anyone to attend. I tried searching the forums for tournaments and answers for my questions, but I couldn't find anything. Thank you.
There generally is no kind of membership or anything. People host tournaments in different areas at different times. The rulesets, fees, and the like are mentioned in each thread. Illinois tournaments can be found in the Midwest Tournament Listings subforum--

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51&prefixid=Midwest

BSP

Smash Legend
How many PMs can the regular user hold? I ask because I just noticed premium was boosted to 2000.

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
Aight so either I can't leave visitor messages or I'm just doing something wrong. When I'm on my own page I have the option to:

But when I go to someone else's profile:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Theres an option in your personal settings that controls who can and can't post on your visitor wall. It is very common for people to have their setting so that only friends can post. Consider asking them to change their setting or asking for them to be your friend.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I believe new users don't get the option to leave other users visitor messages until they have been on the site for a certain period of time.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Gatlin is right. You are close to the required period of time.

Frown

poekmon
How come in the brawl characters forums that the diddy kong and marth boards have their own sub forum for video critiques while the others don't?
The idea is to give users the ability to embed Youtube videos only in certain parts on SWF. The reason that it only exists for a few characters is probably because they are more active than the rest. But expect to see more of these video forums in the future.

ndayday

BRoomer
Xeylode I would just say bring that up in the SS. I've got them to put a link to it in the description of the SIC, but seriously who copies a link.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
This is really starting to become a bother but does anyone KNOW HOW I CAN CHANGE THE NAME OF A THREAD THAT I MADE?

plus deleting threads would be helpful as well...

:phone:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Go to the original post.

Edit Post > Go Advanced > change your title > Save Changes.

edit: Oh, and you cannot delete your own threads, but you can ask the mod of whatever forum that it's in to lock it.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Are there any team battle threads? or like character specific team battle threads?
or do peoples not discuss this??

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I have 3 people I am trying to get accepted into the MBR. Cactuar has already agreed, but the option to apply has been removed from the group membership page. He asked the admins to do this manually but that was over a week ago. I would like something done ASAP so we can finish creating the new tier list.

Armada
Swiftbass
VaNz
reposting here for attention.

ndayday

BRoomer
I've already asked, now hopefully you get an answer. Let me know if you don't.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Can I Upload PNG images to my albums?
If So, What am I doing wrong?
Which Upload Picture Button Do I Press?
Whenever I try to Upload it it says That I didnt select any pictures to be uploaded.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Why do the signature rules section of the global rules not have anything about forbidding adding a signature to the post itself manually?

I'd say it should, but this is the question thread, not the suggestion one.

ndayday

BRoomer
Can I Upload PNG images to my albums?
If So, What am I doing wrong?
Which Upload Picture Button Do I Press?
Whenever I try to Upload it it says That I didnt select any pictures to be uploaded.
Albums don't work at all, unfortunately.

Why do the signature rules section of the global rules not have anything about forbidding adding a signature to the post itself manually?

I'd say it should, but this is the question thread, not the suggestion one.
Because it was missed I guess. I'll suggest it then. :woman:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Where can I go to complain? I get infracted, well often, and I usually deserve it. But I'm kind of not happy with being infracted for saying "Shut up".

ndayday

BRoomer
Also, you can usually PM the mod who infracted you and ask them why they did it. If you disagree after an explanation, and really feel the that you need to talk to an admin about the issue, then Forum Support would be after that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Actually, I have a new, weirder question. Where do I go to talk to someone about being mercy banned from a part of the formus? Is that possible? Or can you only be banned from the site as a whole? I really want to be banned from the SSB4 area that place is awful, but I can't help myself. Someone help me here?

Top Bottom