• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Which gifs? Can you link me to one/a user who has it in their sig?

edit: actually I think you mean the SSB4 hype ones with the characters. Hold on.
edit: I figured it might be easy to find but I just recommend asking a user who has the gifs where you can get them.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Hi, I was under the impression that when you sign up, ads will be gone.

...Or at least that's what I remember reading and seeing. I haven't seen an ad in a loooong time and I noticed there was one at the bottom of the forum. I'm now seeing this oddly placed ad:

So were ads there the entire time and I just didn't see them? Am I supposed to see them? :confused:

ndayday

BRoomer
MLG just added a new ad plugin a few days ago. So unfortunately yes, you're supposed to be seeing the ads.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha, I came here to ask the exact same thing. So what's going on with the ads? Will they be permanent? I dunno why it bugs me so much but it's so annoying seeing them in the middle of the page where they separate posts. :-/

ndayday

BRoomer
Do you mean something separate from the current subscription system? Because you can currently subscribe to threads and boards which you frequent and any new responses will show up in your User CP. There is also email notification I believe.

The option is located on the top right bar of every board and thread btw.

ndayday

BRoomer
Because staff is all-knowing!

Really though it's because people used to give incorrect answers/guesses to questions, and the idea is that we probably know the answers.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Or at least that staff would be professional about admitting their lack of knowledge and commit to finding the answer

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
How do you get a transparent background on your avitar?
If I attempt to add an avitar with a transparent background, the background just automatically defaults to either black or white.

ndayday

BRoomer
That's because the image you're trying to upload is bigger than 125x125. You have to resize the image to 125x125 or less first and it'll work fine. :)

If you like, I can do it for you.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Okay I just went to the FAQ & typed in "replies" & what I wanted to know wasn't there, so my question/suggestion to the Moderators & more specifically the Adminstrators is....

Is there anyway to get notification of a reply in a thread like with Private Messages?

I mean when I went to the FAQ it told you that you could receive reply notifications in you email, but I don't want to have to open my email everytime I post in threads, especially if the Thread is really active & busy.
I thought it would convenient to have it if it already isn't available, I've been to alot of forums that have this & I'm surprised a forum ten times the other's size doesn't have this feature (to my knowledge), & that's why this is a question/suggestion.
I would like to see a notification, instead of having to dig through thread after thread to see if or if not I got a reply or not, it would be greatly appreciated if you can get back with me.
I don't know how that would work though, since I won't know when you reply or if you reply lol.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Okay I just went to the FAQ & typed in "replies" & what I wanted to know wasn't there, so my question/suggestion to the Moderators & more specifically the Adminstrators is....

Is there anyway to get notification of a reply in a thread like with Private Messages?

I mean when I went to the FAQ it told you that you could receive reply notifications in you email, but I don't want to have to open my email everytime I post in threads, especially if the Thread is really active & busy.
I thought it would convenient to have it if it already isn't available, I've been to alot of forums that have this & I'm surprised a forum ten times the other's size doesn't have this feature (to my knowledge), & that's why this is a question/suggestion.
I would like to see a notification, instead of having to dig through thread after thread to see if or if not I got a reply or not, it would be greatly appreciated if you can get back with me.
I don't know how that would work though, since I won't know when you reply or if you reply lol.
So basically what you can do is subscribe to threads and view which threads have new replies in your User CP. To subscribe to a specific thread, click "Thread Tools" in the top right of the page (right under the page numbers) & "Subscribe to thread". Then all you have to do is click on your User CP every time you want to know if there are new posts in that thread. You can also set your options to automatically subscribe to threads that you post in. You can do this by going to your User CP > Edit Options. Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" Select "No Email Notification". From then on each time you post in a thread, you will automatically subscribe to it. Again, simply check your User CP to view whether or not your subscribed threads have new posts.

ndayday

BRoomer
Let me know if that answer is what you're looking for, because if not I know the feature you're talking about.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
So basically what you can do is subscribe to threads and view which threads have new replies in your User CP. To subscribe to a specific thread, click "Thread Tools" in the top right of the page (right under the page numbers) & "Subscribe to thread". Then all you have to do is click on your User CP every time you want to know if there are new posts in that thread. You can also set your options to automatically subscribe to threads that you post in. You can do this by going to your User CP > Edit Options. Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" Select "No Email Notification". From then on each time you post in a thread, you will automatically subscribe to it. Again, simply check your User CP to view whether or not your subscribed threads have new posts.
Let me know if that answer is what you're looking for, because if not I know the feature you're talking about.
It's very close to what I'm refering to. I visit alot of the threads & that can get stressful going to a million different threads & some are very active & there's new posts, but it's not a reply to you/me. Like a direct quote/reply notification when you or someone quotes another & it lets them know you replied to them. I have no problem clicking the last page button on threads, to see new posts, but a notification for quotes/replies would be a bit nicer.

ndayday

BRoomer
Ok, that's what I thought you were referring to. I'll get back to you.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
How do you change your text color permanently I can't seem to find it. I know how to do it temporarily but not permanently.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I just purchased premium membership, but at the end of the transaction at was not redirected to mlgpro and I have not yet received the premium membership. What's up with that?

Edit2: NVM, it didn't complete the transaction until the 15 min cancel time finished.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Another membership question. SO when you prank them, how will they find out? o.o
They'll find out when they post and their name is pink and their title becomes "pranked!"

It doesn't tell them who pranked them, though; the pranker would have to do that themselves.

ndayday

BRoomer
Searching for anything past the 4th of July is down until MLG fixes it.

Top Bottom