• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Umm.... how does multiquote work?

[Classic Skin Quote Button]

It's usually the icon next to the Quote button though I think it varies on what skin you use.

Now I'm just going to repeat what Jungle said so don't mind me but don't try to converse here.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Also, how do the robot thingy ad things keep making accounts and spamming?
What about Re-Captcha?

I reported one today

@ lythium(below) I changed it to a question now that i know how it works

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Also, how do the robot thingy ad things keep making accounts and spamming?
What about Re-Captcha?

I reported one today

@ lythium(below) I changed it to a question now that i know how it works
Apparently people are paid to make spam/ad accounts on websites. Obviously, re-captcha doesn't stop a person.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I don't believe any were removed. After you go to 'Edit Avatar' there are 4 different groups of avatars you can look through. You can switch it from 'standard avatars' to another group and press 'go' to look through that group. The one you have now is on the last page of 'June 2008'.

I don't see the yoshi one, but if you want to use it, just right click on it from rmusgrave > click properties > copy the location (make sure it ends with .jpg) > then paste it into the custom avatar box under 'edit avatar' in your user cp.
Ah. Appreciated, time to scroll through again ;)

Another thing I noticed since I resumed posting. This overhaul of usergroups, and the addition of badges. Not all of them are self explanatory.

Itty Bitty Welcome Committee = ?
Discussion Leader = ?
Ambigutor = ?
dGames MVP = ?

And how are the four unlocked. Thanks in advance.

Frown

poekmon
Itty Bitty Welcome Committee = ?
The forum leaders in charge of this forum.

Discussion Leader = ?
Kind of semi-moderators. They have the abilities to lock and sticky threads, among others.

Ambigutor = ?
Winner of the Thread of the Month award in the Premium backroom.

dGames MVP = ?
Someone who was the best contributor in a game in the Decisive Games section.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Suggestion

What If premium members had the ability to post attachments?This would make it easier to post combo vids

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What If premium members had the ability to post attachments?This would make it easier to post combo vids
I'm pretty sure normal members can post attachments. When you post, go to advanced and click the paperclip. Attachments aren't allowed in the Information Center however, but I believe most of the forums allow it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
He means embedded videos, and when we've asked in the past they said it would be too annoying to have everyone have it/you would get people that aren't responsible posting videos of things that may not be suitable. Mods and staff can because, well, they've proven to be responsible or intellectual to some degree, yeah?

We've also asked if it was possible to enable it only in the Disco Room, but it's not possible.

arch knight

Smash Lord
I wouldn't think changing :metaknight: to :mk: is really necessary. cause you can just copy paste it and if its too much of a hassle to type it I'd say not to use it to begin with :/

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
imo I would think it would be better to use the full names of the characters. just has a certain consistency and everyone could recall the smiley without any hassles from memory.

maybe use a preceding capital M to get a melee smiley

Atlus8

Smash Master
I don't think I got a response for almost four months so here it is again!

I like how convenient shoryuken.com has a link to a current livestream on the homepage! Almost every smash livestream I've seen hardly brakes 100 viewers! EVERY stream that I have been linked to so far through shoryuken has had at least 100 viwers! Shoryuken easily breaks 1000 viewers for a regional tournament livestream when they post the link up on the home page! I can only remember ONE smash streamed that has broken 1k: Pound 4! That was the biggest Melee tournament ever! I remember the EVO stream from last year broke 20K viewers! That's insane!

My suggestion!

Can we have link to a current stream posted up on the home page?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
My thread subscription options are set to "No email notification," yet I still receieve an email everytime somebody posts in one of my subscribed threads, resulting in way too many emails every week (thousands).

How can I fix this problem?

Edit: Also, I apologize in advance if this is a frequently addressed issue. I haven't heard anything about it, though, and it's pretty annoying.

Frown

poekmon
My thread subscription options are set to "No email notification," yet I still receieve an email everytime somebody posts in one of my subscribed threads, resulting in way too many emails every week (thousands).

How can I fix this problem?

Edit: Also, I apologize in advance if this is a frequently addressed issue. I haven't heard anything about it, though, and it's pretty annoying.
I'm not sure why this is happening. Has it been like that for a long time?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yes. At least 6 months. I didn't mind it so much before, since my email account wasn't useful. But now that I need it, it's borderline impossible to sort through the spam.

Frown

poekmon
Yes. At least 6 months. I didn't mind it so much before, since my email account wasn't useful. But now that I need it, it's borderline impossible to sort through the spam.
Try changing the settings to "Don't subscribe" and see if the same thing happens. If the emails stop, try setting it back to "no email notification".

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
non-staff 2 cents:
AFAIK, changing the default subcription setting from your options doesn't change it from threads you've already subscribed to.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The Chat is IRC based. For some people it will load and some it will not. It is possible to use another IRC client to access the chat. However, no one is really on it any more and most of the time it is more convenient to use something else.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
You know when you're changing your custom avatar, you can either paste the URL or browse from your saved pictures? I don't understand why I can use my current Avi when browsing for it, but when I tried to copy and paste the URL it didn't work.

Please enlighten me! I mean, it's not a serious problem, but it's kind of bothering me. <3

Edit - Also, I've noticed almost nobody bolds their questions anymore. :3c

:040:

Edit 2 - Well, I don't know what I was doing wrong earlier, but it works now! Plus, now I know how to ensure it works; thank you! <3

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well the url should begin with 'http' and end with '.jpg' or '.png'. Does the url you are posting fit both of those? If not, you may be using the wrong code.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
What Zen said.

It may be that you're linking to the website, and not the image itself. Or the website may be set up in a way that does not allow hotlinking of images.

Top Bottom