• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So is the Staffer Shack just a hangout for mods and other important people, or is it like something where you actually discuss rules?

Like what's up with that place?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's a secret secret society on smashboards. The fact I'm talking about it is probably bad

seriously fuelbi?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Is there anyway SWF could get an offical twitter account? Maybe it could link up to the tournament calendar and send tweets to all users about tournaments that are on the calendar.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Xyro, I like that idea, maybe present the idea in a bit more detail, like how who would handle the account, more details on what it would cover (woudl it just be tournaments or SWF things as well?).

This isn't the place toa sk questions like that, Skai.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro, I like that idea, maybe present the idea in a bit more detail, like how who would handle the account, more details on what it would cover (woudl it just be tournaments or SWF things as well?).

This isn't the place toa sk questions like that, Skai.
First, have admin make an official SWF twitter account that ONLY admin/special people(top TOs?) have access to. Have them tweet links to MLG/WHOBO/Apex/Clash Of Titans/Pounds and small/regional/national events. Maybe somehow you could link up the SWF calendar and have it auto update the twitter account. It doesnt have to be ONLY tournament tweets. It could be used to post a "daily smash community fact" meaning we could tweet a cool history fact from the old days of SWF or a "daily swf tip" which would include things like how to post without spamming/trolling or how to find XYZ by using the search function. Just small little topics that could help people understand SWFs and smash better. You could also do contests with things like "get 50, 100, 200...ect) people to follow SWF(and have them credit you) and receive a free premium membership for 3 months." Things like that.

If i am selected to be in the ambassador program i would like to try and start this project as a way to get the word of smash bros and SWF out into open waters. I already do it with MY tournament series and it helps bring people so it should work the same here.

Comments?

Coney

Smash Master
hiya fellas!

wasn't sure where to put this, so i guess this is as good a place as any

yesterday a friend of mine logged into my account and purchased a premium account for me via paypal...she then logged out so i could log back in. unfortunately, i never got my premium membership status. did she just not complete the process correctly, or does an administrator have to activate it, or...whazzat?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Arch are you refering to the green name/changing your title? Because yes, if you want the green name to show you need to access that through your user cp. However, whenever the actual payment goes through, I'm pretty sure they should automatically acquire the postbit and have access to the disco rooom

Coney

Smash Master
i've done this before, i know you have to activate the green name but i can't remember if you have to activate the actual premium membership...i'm just trying to modify the title under my username, that's the main thing i'm interested in, but i'm not seeing the option. i also don't have the little mushroom icon :<

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
There is the possibility that she didn't do it right. I've bought it on my own and had a friend buy it for me in the way you described, and both times I got it immediately. Or, it could be like Jungle said, it might just take a while.

If you don't get it after a bit and you're sure that it was done right, contact Virgilijus, he's in charge of Premium.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
As far as I can tell they're identical except for aesthetics. So really, it wouldn't be an update...
Maybe I'm missing something?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Brawl Yoshi boards have Bwett.

Melee Yoshi doesn't seem very active, so if there are any reported posts, a super mod would deal with them.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why do BRoomers get their own titles?
They're actually being experimented with for something that may end up affecting all usergroups. Still being worked with and discussed if it's the way we want to go.

Sometimes the forum skins will do janky things if a user has more than one row of postbit icons.
Actually that's because a certain someone has a long location.

As far as I can tell they're identical except for aesthetics. So really, it wouldn't be an update...
Maybe I'm missing something?
The people who were keeping the wiki active left wikkia due to issues with the way Wikkia worked/managed or something. It's been mentioned in the sennate recently.

Top Bottom