• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
There currently isn't a WWYP going on. You'll have to wait until the next one.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
From what I've heard, it was disabled because in the end, it didn't show reputation but rather who could get people to agree the most with their posts.

Reputation was removed because it was horrifically abused.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
What is the point of this? Other than being nosy

[collapse=new addition]
[/collapse]

It kinda just makes me want to use invisible mode :/

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The point is to see who's looking at a thread. I agree with you, I don't like it much either.
Although you have to scroll the the bottom to see it though.

Used to be that the box showing who was in the board you were looking at wasn't even shown, but I assume they did this now as well as before because with MLG's servers, things are much faster.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Does it take away from anything? I don't use it, but I can see how it can be useful in to certain people.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
There's been a multitude of other changes made last night as well. You can now quote, strike, and use spoiler tags in VM's. Your VM wall shows 15 messages, and shows 9 friends instead of 6.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
And we got birthday displays at the bottom of the main page? :yeahboi:

Guess money is getting put back to the community.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah those features come as standard, it just seems that nobody ever bothered to activate them.

Having really bored administration means more gets done!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's probably so that people will stop creating new threads in the blogs until the repairs are complete. But i don't go there too often enough to see who posts new threads, so meh.

ndayday

BRoomer
Why was the smash news forum archived?
This was pretty recent, yeah?
Anyway, a lot of them are 2007 threads/threads that are not posted in anymore. You might recall that a bit ago all pre-2007 threads that are not active anymore were put into archive to reduce strain on vBulletin. I'm guessing this is the reason for it being archived. A lot of it I imagine was just taking up space.
If you feel a thread shouldn't be in the archive then by all means, tell us.

It's probably so that people will stop creating new threads in the blogs until the repairs are complete. But i don't go there too often enough to see who posts new threads, so meh.
Please refrain from answering questions as you're not staff.
Sorry, but it's the rules.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
The only thread should be considered is the what kind of smasher thread.

Also there hasn't been any 'smash news' since genesis. I assume that they believed it was eating up space, like Nday said.

ndayday

BRoomer
No, it's a problem with the entire process of blogs being converted to threads, since the "blogs" that you actually read and comment in are not the ACTUAL blogs, but rather just a system put in place so that the blogs can be commented on in a manner like a thread.

If you really wanted to, you could probably still submit a blog. No one would ever see it though unless they went to the Smash News page, which is where said blogs really are.

If that makes sense, lol.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
We're aware of phantom pages.

I think they are caused by the deletion of alot of posts

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Probably not, to be honest. There's a real answer somewhere hidden in this thread, ill find it later. But short answer is probably not.

ndayday

BRoomer
I don't remember the reason why, but I distinctly remember Azua saying no.
That would be partly because it's just annoying to have 40 avatars moving on a single page.
I must be the cape, or something.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

To answer your question in full: images in signatures use img tags, which make the site load the image from the website/image hosting site that it's saved to. Avatars get uploaded directly to the forum's database. It's also why back in the day custom avatars were rare, used only as prizes and manually added by admins.

So, no animated gifs for avatars.

They're also really annoying.

Top Bottom