• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Okay, and can I request instead of having to type in : metaknight : can we just type :mk:?
Same goes for other character abbreviations

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
That's something that MLG has to do I believe, but yeah we can see what we can do.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why would it require a lot more coding? Im not sure how the site is coded, but shouldn't it be as simple as making new a new SQL table and making a new instance of the calendar?
I'm not sure exactly how the coding would go, but even if it'd take relativly little coding, it'd still need to be done by MLG Tech.

Right now, in the midwest melee community, we are having a very hard time organizing tournaments. We are the widest spread community in the nation and its quite difficult to manage every tournament date. For the last few months MI's main tournaments have been on conflicting days with other tournaments in the region (HDR and Revival of Wisconson Melee). Even my tournaments have occasionally been having conflicts with purdue's tournaments.
Best thing I can suggest is to use the current calender. It'd be hard to justify having calenders for individual regions when the current one isn't being used.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Why would it require a lot more coding? Im not sure how the site is coded, but shouldn't it be as simple as making new a new SQL table and making a new instance of the calendar?

Right now, in the midwest melee community, we are having a very hard time organizing tournaments. We are the widest spread community in the nation and its quite difficult to manage every tournament date. For the last few months MI's main tournaments have been on conflicting days with other tournaments in the region (HDR and Revival of Wisconson Melee). Even my tournaments have occasionally been having conflicts with purdue's tournaments.

I know its going to take work, regardless of the solution, but if you feel a regional calendar would be the obvious and best choice.

I reapplied with my tournament link as application reason.
Hey, you can always make a thread '-'

Okay, is there a way you can have more than one character under your posts?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The best advice I can give you is to take it up with that respective boards moderators (or in this case, the one that locked your thread, Neon Ness.)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Advice for the future.

To prevent you being punished for someone else's indiscretions, log out of your account if you're using a shared or public computer. You just never know. And most likely, you will be the one to take the blame.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Could we possibly add some thing like postibit meanings somewhere? I've seen multiple postbits, of which i don't know how to acquire.
Not that i'm greedy for postbits and such...

Alright, maybe i'm a tad greedy.

ndayday

BRoomer
Well, there's no list...but I can make one real quick.

- Moderator/Super Moderator/Admin (Be a mod/smod/admin)

- BRoomer (be a member of the Back Room)

- Debator (be a smash debator)

- Smash Writer (Win a WWYP)

- Premium Member (donate to the site and recieve premium membership/the perks associated with it)

- Smash Researcher (research the Smash games for things such as frame data...etc.)

- Pokemon Master (frequent the Poke Center)

- 10th Anniversary (Visited the site on the day of its 10th anniversary)

- Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee (Be a member of the IBWC, like myself)

- dGames MVP (be a "most valuable player in the Decisive Games subforum. I think there are different versions of this one depending on just how much of an MVP you are)

- Unmod (a person who was Mod/Smod/Admin at sometime but has been unmodded for whatever reason)

- Ambigutor (Make the Thread of the Month in the Disco Room, an exclusive board for Premium Members)

...That's about all of them, I think.

ndayday

BRoomer
Haha yeah, forgot that one so I totally edited that in.
Sorry man.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
never had that problem, though my phone also gives me the full version of the site :/

Is it possible for anyone to change the title of a social usergroup? I have been using one for the IL Power Rankings, but i have decided to change it to the Chicago-Land Power Rankings so that players from IN, WI and other areas of the MW can be a part of the list if they meet activity requirements. As far as I know, it is beyond my privileges to change the title and I asked a Moderator and he said he was unable to as well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Social group titles can only be changed once all the members (other than the owner) have been removed from the group. So basically it's just like recreating the group and everyone will have to rejoin.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I believe an admin can. You would just have to link them to the group and let them know what you would like to change it to. You could also make a new group.

ndayday

BRoomer
It's hard to say, it seems as though JV is just trying to get this up and running.
I'll be sure to ask how soon he plans to put things into action after he gets an ideal amount (whatever that is) of Ambassadors/Programmers.

edit: Actually, go ahead and ask in the discussion thread for that announcement. I think that'll be a much better way to get a hold of JV. I'm assuming you're asking because you're interested, so make that clear. Also, it seems as though THIS post asks a similar question, so all you might have to do is wait.

Let us know if you don't get an answer.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What is (was) SWF's largest thread? Was it deleted? Or is it closed with access to all members?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You mean the one with the most posts? probably the Connecticut Player Finder in ATL North.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What is (was) SWF's largest thread? Was it deleted? Or is it closed with access to all members?
That was the Smash Bros 3 thread that was made when it was said they were working on a new smash game. Hiemie fed it some of the other large old threads and had to be contained in the rubbish bin bar it devour the rest of the forum.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Can a moderator/administrator change my name?

i would like to shorten it to SouP;you could get super mods to change your name on aib.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
speaking of name change, i bought a premium membership the other day but i dont see the name change option in my user CP. where is it located?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You cannot change your name yourself. PM Virgilijus with your new name (and make sure that no one else has it already) and he'll change it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so one time I have a sig and the thing is always checked. Now that I started using a new one again, now it's not always checked... like srsly how do I activate the autocheck feature for sigs?

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm probably missing something here, but for me, it only auto-checks if I go into "Advanced" opposed to Quick Reply.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It used to auto check for me in the Quick Reply box and now that I want it to do it it doesn't do it and now only does it in the Advanced Reply box

Top Bottom