• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Does any level of Staff have the permission(s) to see invisible members?

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I think I used to know this, but how do you make it so that people can't see what you're doing/what page you're on/your last activity/etc.?

Thanks in advance! :bee:

Edit - I think it's Invisible Mode, but I can't really tell because my latest activity still shows up on my profile. I do notice a nice little blue/red dot on the left of my post, though, does everyone else see that?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The archive has been broken for a good while now.
What's it doing? It's working fine for me.

I think I used to know this, but how do you make it so that people can't see what you're doing/what page you're on/your last activity/etc.?

Thanks in advance! :bee:
Go User CP -> Edit Options -> Invisible Mode

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Edit - I think it's Invisible Mode, but I can't really tell because my latest activity still shows up on my profile. I do notice a nice little blue/red dot on the left of my post, though, does everyone else see that?
Yeah, that's what I see when I use invisible mode.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Sorry to be a bother, but to be sure: This makes it so that my "Current Activity", located on my profile, does not show what I'm doing? I ask this, for I can bring up my profile as of now and it will say I am replying to this thread.

Oh, and thank you Dragonblooded. :)

Edit - Thank you once again, Dragonblooded! :bee:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Sorry to be a bother, but to be sure: This makes it so that my "Current Activity", located on my profile, does not show what I'm doing? I ask this, for I can bring up my profile as of now and it will say I am replying to this thread.

Oh, and thank you Dragonblooded. :)
Yeah, there's a blank space where "Current Activity: blah blah blah" used to be when I check your profile. It is only appears differently for you yourself. Nobody else can see what you're doing or if you're off or online when you're on invisible mode.

You're welcome. :)

Sorry for answering questions btw, IBWC. I only did because it was something I could easily answer correctly, and Mic missed his edit.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Now that we have new icons differentiating between Smash Writer and Smash Artist, are Smash Artists going to get a new usergroup? Both orange names and titles are gone.

Browny

Smash Hater
Why are blogs still broken.

where does the money generated from premium membership go towards? I hope to god its not just for buying webspace for the disco room to be spammed up 2000 posts per day while something could possibly be done about the blogs.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Would it be okay if I posted a leaderboards thread?
If there isn't one already?
**IMPORTANT**

I wanted to ask first before I get called a noob and such, the concept behind this is that it's kinda like a tier list.

Top Players
----------------------
Veteran Players
------------------
Advanced Players
---------
Novice Players
---------------
Newbies
-------------

In this order, players will submit there past tourney results.

Maybe we could have one for each character! :D
I am willing to do this

Sorry if the post was to long

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
If this is for brawl, we have a players ranking list in Tournament Results. It's sticked at the top of the subforum. Is that what you're referring to?

Blogs need to be fixed by MLG, please be patient.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think it would be nice if each region had its own calendar. Im not sure how much extra work it would be to do that, but it would really help out local/regional TOs. Personally, I run tournaments in chicago but sometimes run into conflicts with MI, IN and WI tournaments and end up with a split audience. Obviously using a national calendar for such tournaments would be even more difficult to manage, but i think if each regional forum had its own calendar things would be a lot better.

Also, If you read this Mic, i sent a request for the tournament director user group but you never accepted.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Now that we have new icons differentiating between Smash Writer and Smash Artist, are Smash Artists going to get a new usergroup? Both orange names and titles are gone.
I've checked in the Admin PC, they're definitely both still there, though I don't know if they'll stay. I know we're trying to move the reward usergroups into awards, but that's probably quite a long way off atm.

where does the money generated from premium membership go towards?
Tournament hosts can contact MLG_JV and apply for sponsorship for tournaments and receive some funding towards it. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but basically all the cash raised by premium membership goes back into the community, not the site.

I think it would be nice if each region had its own calendar. Im not sure how much extra work it would be to do that, but it would really help out local/regional TOs. Personally, I run tournaments in chicago but sometimes run into conflicts with MI, IN and WI tournaments and end up with a split audience. Obviously using a national calendar for such tournaments would be even more difficult to manage, but i think if each regional forum had its own calendar things would be a lot better.
A regional one would require a bunch of coding, but we've already got a National (technically world-wide) tournament calender. The primary purpose of the TD usergroup is to give people access to add their events to it.

Also, If you read this Mic, i sent a request for the tournament director user group but you never accepted.
You mustn't have given me a link to your tournament thread on smashboards in your application. Reapply and provide the link.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Ads are at the top, right (what skin are you using, pretty sure Revolution is the only one with ads)? It's probably just what loads at the top of the page, and it takes a bit for the rest of the forum to load.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, I've had that happen on addless skins, it's just how it loads I guess.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
How do i use HTMLS correctly on this website;i want to make something like this:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<H1>My heading</H1>

<P>Words here</P>
</HTML>
<BODY>

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
i think he's talking about the tier list a page back

EDIT:found it
Would it be okay if I posted a leaderboards thread?
If there isn't one already?
**IMPORTANT**

I wanted to ask first before I get called a noob and such, the concept behind this is that it's kinda like a tier list.

Top Players
----------------------
Veteran Players
------------------
Advanced Players
---------
Novice Players
---------------
Newbies
-------------

In this order, players will submit there past tourney results.

Maybe we could have one for each character! :D
I am willing to do this

Sorry if the post was to long

also@DarkStar next time, plz use the EDIT button^^

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You shoudl check that there isn't such a thing that allready does what you want do (there is), You could try it with character boards, but I believe that most charaeter boards have this as well.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
A regional one would require a bunch of coding, but we've already got a National (technically world-wide) tournament calender. The primary purpose of the TD usergroup is to give people access to add their events to it.
Why would it require a lot more coding? Im not sure how the site is coded, but shouldn't it be as simple as making new a new SQL table and making a new instance of the calendar?

Right now, in the midwest melee community, we are having a very hard time organizing tournaments. We are the widest spread community in the nation and its quite difficult to manage every tournament date. For the last few months MI's main tournaments have been on conflicting days with other tournaments in the region (HDR and Revival of Wisconson Melee). Even my tournaments have occasionally been having conflicts with purdue's tournaments.

I know its going to take work, regardless of the solution, but i feel a regional calendar would be the obvious and best choice.

You mustn't have given me a link to your tournament thread on smashboards in your application. Reapply and provide the link.
I reapplied with my tournament link as application reason.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Like this?

[collapse=hello]stuff[/collapse]

you do
[ collapse]stuffhere[/collapse]

without the space

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Thanks

DarkStar
Next question :D, Is there a place that shows all the meaning for these abbreviations?I would like to make one.

Top Bottom