• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So the threads i'm subscribed to no longer have the little "checkbox" next to it.
How do I fix this??
Same here, but you're still subscribed. If you go to your User CP, the subscribed threads will show up if there's been any new posts.

How do I become a Brawl Backroomer?

Also, how do I become a premium member and does it cost anything?
Every few months, the BBR will have an application thread, like this previous one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287516 Basically, there's a bunch of questions, and then the BBR decides if you are worthy of being admitted. Currently, applications are closed at the moment, but keep checking back. :)

You can get premium by following this link: http://www.smashboards.com/payments.php It costs $4 for 3 months, $7 for 6 months, or $12 for a year. If you wanted to learn more about what premium offers, check it out here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244796

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What happened to Tournament Organizer User Group? And why did all the "Melee" and "Brawl" tournament tags get removed?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I second this, what did happen to the Tournament Organizer user group?

Also, how does one go about becoming a smash researcher or developer?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What happened to Tournament Organizer User Group? And why did all the "Melee" and "Brawl" tournament tags get removed?
T.O group's main function was to edit the calendar, but with the new reform to the calendar, the group lost it's purpose. A usergroup only functions to give permissions to different rooms, and for this case it's the calendar. I'm not sure whether there are plans to bring it back with a different function or not.

I second this, what did happen to the Tournament Organizer user group?

Also, how does one go about becoming a smash researcher or developer?

Apply for it under group memberships. They generally have requirements or require you to do something to show your aptitude, so you may want to PM the leaders of the groups (RocketPSience and Bionic, respectively) to see if there are any.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Right I understand how to apply for it, but does anyone know what a smash researcher or a smash developer is and what it entails?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Right I understand how to apply for it, but does anyone know what a smash researcher or a smash developer is and what it entails?
A Smash Developer is anyone who has made contributions to the Workshop and/or has made for example, a Texture Hack.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm not sure, you would have to ask Bionic but here are the rules:

If you are interested in applying, go to User CP > Group Memberships (or click this), and next to "Smash Developers", click "Join Group". To apply to the Workshop Developers group, please provide at least 2 (two) examples (in the Request Reason) of any type of work you have done, any project (Brawl mod or custom character project thread) you've lead, example of significant work for a custom character project or any code(s) you may have created. Evidence of significant contribution to the Workshop is also accepted! This can be either a link to a Smashboards, BrawlVault, blog post, etc. Simple 5-min edits will not be accepted. If you do not put down examples, I will deny!
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I've already explained where TO blue went, and I don't know of any plans to bring it back as of now.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
why did my tornument director rank was taken away?
The Tournament Director was taken away because it was no longer needed. As what Jungle said, with the new Tournament Listing System, the usergroup no longer served a purpose.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Is there any need for an extra mod? I talked to teczero about it a bit, and I think I'd be great for the job. I browse the boards a lot as it is, and I always keep to the rules and such. I think Midwest boards and (Melee) Marth boards could use a [extra] mod.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Mods are hand picked, if there's a need for a mod somewhere it's usually taken care of.

ndayday

BRoomer
Asset to the community, generally well liked, perceived as able to do the job, and of course they have to agree to being one, since they're asked.

ndayday

BRoomer
Moderate. Like, take care of reports and infract people for posts that break the rules.
Also saying you want to be a mod etc. is known to make you have a low chance of becoming one.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It is. Plus the new tournament thing is really confusing. Why is that some tournaments kept the "Melee" tag but some didnt? I dislike that every tournament has the same color, the Blue/Green/Red colors for Brawl/Both/Melee was really convenient for finding a tournament for the game you play.

konstargirl

Smash Cadet
Hi I have a question. I was looking for a SSB fan profile creation thread and I was wondering does anyone know where it is or if got deleted?

Thanks.

Frown

poekmon
How long will the "forum support has moved!" thing at the bottom of the page stay there?
For as long as the admins want it to. If the Forum Support redirect link somehow discriminates your religious views, click the Forum Support redirect link and go to Forum Support.

Question: What's with all the random people suddenly ASKING to be mods?
Not sure, but don't expect to see any of them with a red name any time soon.

ndayday

BRoomer
NO. It wasn't that. t was something else. It kind of look like that except there weren't any pictures involved.
Well I can't think of anything, so we'll just wait I suppose.
How long will the "forum support has moved!" thing at the bottom of the page stay there?
Long enough, they obviously want people to realize it's at the top of the page now. Which I think people do by now, but whatever.

Question: What's with all the random people suddenly ASKING to be mods?
They either really think they can help or have other intentions. It's not like they'll be mods though by asking, so it's ok.
I'm glad that SWF doesn't do applications though, that system seems really bad.

edit: Frown yup yup.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Could you please add the option to display dates in international (yy-mm-dd) format, or at least with the month written in letters to make it non-american-compatible?
Oh, and times in 24-hour format?

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Can we get something that will give editing rights to certain people on a thread so productive threads can be made easier?

Anaky and I wanna work on something.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Can we get something that will give editing rights to certain people on a thread so productive threads can be made easier?

Anaky and I wanna work on something.
No, I don't think so.

The only person that can edit the thread is the Original Poster [or a Mod] though the thread can be given to someone if the OP requests it.

ndayday

BRoomer
Furthermore giving someone that on a single thread isn't even possible, you'd have to be a Discussion Leader (I think they can edit in their assigned rooms) or a mod+.

edit: They are like normal members only they can move threads, delete posts, etc., they aren't fully mods. Like psuedo-mods I guess, they don't really lead discussions.

OMG Edit:
Discussion Leaders are veterans of their respective board that, well, lead discussion. They help organize their board and keep discussion moving in a positive manner.

Top Bottom