• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Backspace the http:// sign.

JF, I had good reason to answer

Why is my avatar a gif. and I can keep it as my avi?
I tried it as a test and it works :p It's a one frame gif. though

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

For whatever reason, on everyone's profile (but mine) there is no comment box for me to leave a comment to them. Even for my friend's profiles there is no comment box...is there any reason it's not popping up? Or is there just something wrong with me? lol I need help so I can stop PMing the people I want to comment @_@ thank you

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Because the staff wants to keep it somewhat hidden, otherwise it'd be a mad dash to get to that amount.
It's not a high post count at all if that's any comfort, haha.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I frequently have to send out PMs to a whole group in order to schedule things. There are only 8 members, and since i am a premium member i can PM up to 10 at once, it is no problem. The biggest issue is typing out each member's username. Would it be possible to add an option to PM all members of a social group?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What you could do is post their names somewhere (like on your wall, the social group, notepad, stickies, etc.) and just copy-paste into the reciever box everytime you send a message.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
You could also add them to your contacts (if you already haven't), so that you can then click on (this is on Classic Blue, not sure about other skins):
"Quick Links", at the top of the page, next to log out --> "Open Contacts Popup" and then select those ten people and hit "PM users".

...The staff may now infract me if they want/have to

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I don't think this is in your power, but could we make the little MLG live box at the top of the screen a cascade or something similar? It keeps lagging up my business every time I load a page. <3

:050:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Although I don't really like how colored text looks on Classic Blue, it is really nice not having the box show up at the top of the screen every time I load a page. I've used Revolution since I joined, so I didn't know this happened. Thanks! By the by, is there anything else special about Classic Blue or other skins?

:040:

Edit - Thanks! <3

arch knight

Smash Lord
well for Premiums we get a disco ball :/

but mods get have all the real fun with their special skins >.>

Its all just for theme purposes when you use skins so classic should have a more old nintendo feel to it. Revolution would todays gaming

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
There's nothing special about using a different skin. They just look different. Premium members get two extra skins, and mods have their own special skin.

That's about it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Stop spamming the thread. :mad:

Actual serious suggestion: could we possibly get some skins that aren't so dark? It would be nice if we had a white or even a brighter theme than the other skins.

arch knight

Smash Lord
im not spammin i offered a legitimate suggestion :<

But maybe they can make a few specific character themed ones or ones for most used postbits like a purple one for Grimer or have a pink one for peach or tan one for falco's bread >.>

ndayday

BRoomer
I think if say, a Falco one were made, then you'd have every board asking.
Annndddd, skins being made for the 41 Smash characters? Doubtful.

But yes, I think everyone would like to see new skins.

arch knight

Smash Lord
thats the only flaw i see with it but i would assume that maybe a poll would be held for what characters should get a theme so that way majority can decide.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Who do I PM for group ownership transfers? I sent one to Virg, but I think shun shield was on.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The owner of the group must make the transfer. You'll either have to wait for Kazoo to transfer the group, or you can make a seperate social group.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
He hasn't been on in almost three weeks, and I highly doubt he's returning anytime soon.
I need transferance of the group ASAP, it's getting pretty bad.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Since we already have a lot of postbit icons, I suggest that another one be made for the Mentoring Program.

Since you have to apply for the mentoring position, and only esteemed members can become mentors, I think a postbit icon would be a nice addition that would bring more attention of the mentoring program and thus would boost player involvement and general skill development.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You can apply by sending a PM to Junglefever.

But considering that mentors are not a usergroup, I don't think they can apply a postbit to them.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
all the mentoring info is in here

[nub2swf] how does one go about making a usergroup and who should I talk to about that [/nub2swf]

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If you have another way to get in touch with the group leader, such as PMs, AIM or the like, I suggest you try that.
He's currently in some sort of home and/or job issue, and he hasn't been on at all.
So there's literally no level of SWF Staff that has permission to transfer the ownership of a group besides the owner?
(I remember Azua could, though.)

ndayday

BRoomer
Well if admins can, I'd recommend you ask an admin.
Not Azua of course, since she's not one anymore, but yup.

Top Bottom