• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Slightly different take here:

I'm not sure too about the Boxing Ring Stage, as that feels like it's leaking a little too much into Punch Out. That's probably the absolute most crossover I'd personally want. I'd extend the absolute extreme to Nintendoland at most.

I'm probably in the minority but I feel like we can easily fall down a hole where we're putting Legend of Zelda stages in because Chain Chomp, Wart and Goomba appear in Link's Awakening, or a Metroid stage since Samus appeared in SMRPG and had a cameo reference in Origami King. I feel like Mario frankly doesn't need too much crossover to succeed because it's...well, it's Mario.

D

Deleted member

I think my current stance is:
  • Add Meta Crystal and Wuhu Island
  • Flat Zone and Duck Hunt are off the table
  • Vote on Boxing Ring, if it gets in it will only have the Smash design
Any opposition?

Aaanyway, reminder to submit alts for Fawful & Cackletta - I'll probably go for the first one submitted
This sounds good to me. Personally I'm for boxing Ring but I think a vote makes sense

We could allways add the ring from dk64 if we wanted a boxing stage tbh.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Due to a lack of submissions, I will fill out Fawful & Cackletta's alts
  1. Default
  2. Purple Fawful and Green Cackletta
  3. Orange Fawful and Yellow Cackletta
  4. Yellow Fawful and Orange Cackletta
  5. Pink Fawful and Blue Cackletta
  6. Blue Fawful and Pink Cackletta
  7. White Fawful with dark Cackletta
  8. Dark Fawful bug colours with white Cackletta
Submit a songlist for Airship

Please submit 4 songs for Airship

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
After giving the guest stages some thought, here's what I've come to:
  • Meta Crystal and Wuhu Island will return.
  • Boxing Ring will be added as a Donkey Kong 64 stage - I feel this reskin isn't drastic enough to fully qualify as a different stage like Inside Bowser or the suggested Summit and Minecraft modifications. We will vote on whether to include the Smash Bros. form, and come the music subs for boxing ring a single Punch-Out song will be allowed on songlists if the submitter wants, though the other 3 must be Mario universe music
  • Flat Zone and Duck Hunt will not be present, though a Game & Watch Gallery or Mario-themed Game & Watch stage could be on the table for a later stage addition

Please vote here on Boxing Ring's alternate form:

Stage voting will close very soon

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Adventure mode submissions are closed, my subs win by default.

Now, let's talk fighters!
  1. Blockafeller = 2
  2. Rapheal the Raven = 5
  3. Hint Block = 6
  4. Kamek = 9
  5. Shy Guy = 13
  6. The Stork = 17

The Stork
is delivering the goods as Yoshi's third rep and second fully unique fighter!

Submit a moveset for the Stork

Please submit a moveset for The Stork! All that is needed is the 4 special attacks, but extra details are appreciated. Note that Final Smashes and animations will be discussed later.

As Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy are already playable they cannot be included in your movesets - but any other babies would be fine

Submit alternate costumes for the Stork!

Please submit either 8 or 16 alternate costumes for the Stork.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm going to be submitting an altered version of evilwaluigi's Stork moveset. You can read the whole thing here, but I'm only going to go into depth about the specials. The Stork would be near-constantly carrying a baby in a bag, with the baby depending on the costume being used.
  • Neutral B: Drop-Off / Pick-Up
    • The Stork drops off its current baby in its current position (with the baby being encased in a bubble if the move is used in mid-air). It'll just sit there, doing cute baby stuff. However, should the Neutral B be used again, the baby will cry, causing the Stork to rush to its position, gaining super armor and damaging opponents in the way of the Stork's flight. However, there is some end lag after the Stork catches up to the baby, as it picks the tot back up and calms it down.
    • The best think I can compare this to is the way Pooky works as part of Garfield's NASB moveset, except in reverse.
  • Side B: Swaddle Swoop
    • The Stork swoops forward, with the baby shaking a rattle for a multi-hit attack. This won't happen if the baby has been dropped off, though, with the multi-hits being replaced with a single, yet stronger hit.
  • Up B: Tantrum / Stork's Flight
    • The baby begins throwing a tantrum and shaking around in its bag, causing the Stork to wildly flap its wings, gaining some vertical height while acting as a constant hitbox. If the baby has been dropped off, the Stork instead flies upwards, dealing no damage but having greater vertical distance. However, this Up B does not place the Stork into free-fall, but it cannot use its special moves until it touches the ground again.
  • Down B: Lullaby
    • The Stork sings a lullaby to calm the baby down, putting nearby opponents to sleep.
As for the alts...
  1. Default (w/ Baby Yoshi)
  2. Raphael Black (w/ Baby Yoshi)
  3. Wingo Blue (w/ Baby DK)
  4. Squawks Green (w/ Baby DK)
  5. Cookatiel Pink (w/ Baby Wario)
  6. Yellow (w/ Baby Wario)
  7. Red (w/ Baby Rosalina)
  8. Purple (w/ Baby Rosalina)
Unlike evilwaluigi's original design, the babies have no effect on gameplay other than visual differences.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stork alts:
  1. Default + Green Baby Yoshi
  2. Peacock Blue & Green + Light Blue Baby Yoshi
  3. Flamingo Pink + Pink Baby Yoshi
  4. Australian King Parrot red & blue + Red Baby Yoshi
  5. Blue Tit Cyan & White + Baby Rosalina
  6. Baltimore Oriole black & orange + Baby Pauline
  7. Tawny Owl Brown and White + Baby Wario
  8. Eagle white and black + Baby Waluigi

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm going to be submitting an altered version of evilwaluigi's Stork moveset. You can read the whole thing here, but I'm only going to go into depth about the specials. The Stork would be near-constantly carrying a baby in a bag, with the baby depending on the costume being used.
  • Neutral B: Drop-Off / Pick-Up
    • The Stork drops off its current baby in its current position (with the baby being encased in a bubble if the move is used in mid-air). It'll just sit there, doing cute baby stuff. However, should the Neutral B be used again, the baby will cry, causing the Stork to rush to its position, gaining super armor and damaging opponents in the way of the Stork's flight. However, there is some end lag after the Stork catches up to the baby, as it picks the tot back up and calms it down.
    • The best think I can compare this to is the way Pooky works as part of Garfield's NASB moveset, except in reverse.
  • Side B: Swaddle
    • The Stork swoops forward, with the baby shaking a rattle for a multi-hit attack. This won't happen if the baby has been dropped off, though, with the multi-hits being replaced with a single, yet stronger hit.
  • Up B: Tantrum
    • The baby begins throwing a tantrum and shaking around in its bag, causing the Stork to wildly flap its wings, gaining some vertical height while acting as a constant hitbox. If the baby has been dropped off, the Stork instead flies upwards, dealing no damage but having greater vertical distance. However, this Up B does not place the Stork into free-fall, but it cannot use its special moves until it touches the ground again.
  • Down B: Lullaby
    • The Stork sings a lullaby to calm the baby down, putting nearby opponents to sleep.
As for the alts...
  7. Red (w/ Baby Bowser)
  8. Purple (w/ Baby Bowser)
Unlike evilwaluigi's original design, the babies have no effect on gameplay other than visual differences.
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot that we disconfirmed Baby Bowser with his stage - would you mind swapping him for another baby?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The generic Smash version of Boxing Ring will not return. My Airship music wins by default and Stork-related submissions will close soon

Submit a Final Smash for Penny

Please submit a Final Smash for Penny.

Penny Submission: Alien Laser Hero

Ashley gets into a comically out-of-place photo-realistic robot head mech and fires a laser from the left side of the stage. It can be angled but only deals damage no knockback until when it ends, in which case it will grow a tiny bit bigger like Samus' Final Smash and knock anybody caught in it away. Aim is the name of the game!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FazDude's Stork moveset wins by default.
As for the alts...
  7. Red (w/ Baby Rosalina)
  8. Purple (w/ Baby Rosalina)
Stork alts:
  1. Default + Green Baby Yoshi
  2. Peacock Blue & Green + Light Blue Baby Yoshi
  3. Flamingo Pink + Pink Baby Yoshi
  4. Australian King Parrot red & blue + Red Baby Yoshi
  5. Blue Tit Cyan & White + Baby Rosalina
  6. Baltimore Oriole black & orange + Baby Pauline
  7. Tawny Owl Brown and White + Baby Wario
  8. Eagle white and black + Baby Waluigi
Please vote here on alts:

Submit a major item that could lead into later jobs!

Please submit a concept for an item that could be expanded upon in later jobs like the Smash Star and Ally Phone currently are. This can be a summoning item, an item that causes multiple effects, an item that reacts differently based on characters or stages, so on.

Submit a multi-piece item!

Please submit an item like the Daybreak or Dragoon that is extremely powerful but needs to be pieced together. This can be between 2 and 5 parts, no more.

Multi-piece: Viruses

I kinda want these scamps playable, but I don't mind too much if we disconfirm them. Collect all 3 to become a toxic biohazard - any contact will hit and cause knockback. See this video. Disjoints; items; and projectiles can still harm however, so you'll still need to play right.

Later jobs: Statue Bandanna

Changes your down air into a statue slam attack like Kirby's down B with complete invincibility and infinite hold time at the expense of not being able to do anything. This item is single use, but each character has a unique statue or otherwise heavy object state.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Today is a stage job and I somehow forgot LMAO, I'll just come up with something quick

Submit up to 4 locations for these competitive stage layouts!
F4D397B3-C9E6-4842-939B-992C346A15F6.jpeg
C9A247A1-4303-4B27-9D27-209FB8B59919.jpeg

With our aim for mega-lots-of-stages, it'd be unjustifiable to not give competitive players some extra stages! Please submit locations that could be used for these layouts: Kalos (two soft platforms off-stage on each side), Pokémon Stadium 2 (two soft platforms on-stage on each side), Rivals Merchant Port (Two lower soft platforms on the left, two upper soft platforms in the middle), and PM Green Hill Zone (Single pendulum-motion soft platform) - they can have hazards if you want because of the hazards off switch, however: there's a catch. All the locations and hazards will be voted on together and I will decide which locations and (if applicable) hazards get which layout. You can specify a prefered layout for your stage and that will be taken note of, but if say, 2 of the 4 winning stages was said to be prefered as GHZ, only one will be GHZ and the other will get another layout.

We will be adding 4 stages from this job. I don't want to do a lot of multi-adding jobs but I felt this was justified because of how easy it'd be to come up with ideas due to actually designing the stage being somewhat irrelevant.

Dribble & Spitz

You fight on the dashboard of Dribble & Spitz' car on a (by default) rainy Diamond City night. There are no hazards aside from the distracting sight of Dribble's beautiful mug in the mirror.

Bowser's Kingdom

The perfect arena for an epic showdown, you fight at the entrance with the kingdom looming above. With hazards on, fireworks will ocassionally fire diagonally from the bottom blast zone and explode as soon as they make contact with a fighter.

Sarasaland GB

This would be a slightly 3D take on the classic game like the Duck Hunt stage, with a non-recreated layout and non-flattened fighters like the Melee retro stages. The lack of sights; animation; colours; or distractions makes it a perfect arena for when you need full concentration. With hazards on the stage will sometimes go "Bonus Round mode" where this song starts and all items or item effects disappear before a (gauranteed non-squeaky) Golden Hammer flies around the stage DVD logo-style in a grey, uninteractable form and, once the song stops, it instantly attracts itself to whoever is closest and item summons continue as usual. Comes in GB green; GB Pocket white; and GB Lite turquoise - selectable with the B, X, and Y buttons respectively while A chooses a random one

Millstone Mayhem

In the ancient temple where a Kong civilisation once thrived. With hazards on, the gisnt Gnawty wheels will sometimes crash in to create a curved walk-off - be warned though, those wheels are still rolling even if they've stopped moving, so they function like conyever belts into the blastzone.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
While thread owners are given a bit of a leeway in regardless to double posting when it’s to announce a new job to keep those separate from results and jobs, you seriously made six posts in a roll. You could have edited your job poll to include your Penny final smash or include your four additional stage submissions into an edit. I won’t be issuing an infraction but I will be merging these together. Using thread owner privileges to supersede the double posting rule that is site wide to make consecutive posts that could be slimmed down as edit is is still against the site rules and will warrant future warnings.

You are free to message me about this issue if you wish to contest or discuss it but let’s not do it here as to keep the thread on track.

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's my submissions.

Multi-Piece Item: Star Spirits (Paper Mario)

I know that the pictures show seven Star Spirits, but the job states that only five pieces are allowed at max, so I'd probably cut the bottom two just to add some more visual variety.

Anyway, after collecting all five Star Spirits, they begin circling the player and allow them to make use of the devastating Peach Beam; A short-lived, but very powerful laser blast.

Competitve Stage Layouts:

Krow's Nest (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)

I know that the actual level has the nest as the only possible analogue to a soft platform, but we could easily have it serve as a stage hazard while adding the needed amount of platforms. As for the hazard itself, Krow himself (or Kreepy Krow if the stage is set to a storm/nighttime) would fly around and drop eggs onto fighters.

I made this with with the Pokemon Stadium 2 layout in mind, but I could settle for Kalos.

Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)

I love this stage's aesthetic, and it could easily serve as a great use of the time/weather features. Otherwise, though, there wouldn't be any real hazards (aside from the obvious shading style, which is essentially a stage hazard from a competitive standpoint) - Just a really chill stage.

I don't really mind which layout is used for this one.

Swingin' in the Breeze (Super Mario 64)

Prime candidate for the PM GHZ layout with no stage hazards in sight. The platform seen on the picture would serve as the swinging platform, with the rocky ground in the background making up the hard platform.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
PS/PS2
Super Nintendo World

The main platform is a giant mushroom platform that oversees the entire park and the platforms are clouds and in the background you can see Super Nintendo World. There are no hazards

Kalos

Diamond City

This is a stage that takes place on top of sky scraper and the 2 platforms on the edges are hovering platforms.

In the background you can see various friends of Wario and some buildings

Merchant

Kong Island

This is a simple stage that takes place in the middle of the ocean and you can see Kong Island in the background

Awesom Combo

Cardstock Carnival

This would be a stage based on Yoshi's Crafted world and the background consists of many platforms and enemies from the stages in this world. The platforms themselves are just based on the platforms in the world.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Stork's alts and Penny's Final Smash are closed! I am extremely sorry for not informing ahead of time that these jobs would close soon. My Stork alts win, and my Penny FS wins by default

Submit a music list for Bramble Blast!

Please submit 4 songs for Bramble Blast!

Multi-piece and later job item submissions will not close until one more submission is made for both. Unless the mods are willing to co-operate on double post merges, this will be the norm going forwards for all jobs including music, FS, and animation jobs.

EDIT: Disregard the crossed out part. You don't need to submit music or such - though jobs may move a little slower from now on due to double posting rules.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Major Item: Baddie Box

After being thrown, the top opens up and a Mario enemy crawls out. This would be for Assists that can be attacked and normally appear in the series as minor enemies rather than characters (not saying Mario enemies aren't characters but you get the idea).
Multi-Part Item: Silver Stars

You collect five randomly appearing Silver Stars. When completed, they form a Power Star and your character performs an attack similar to Rosalina's old Final Smash, except it lasts just a bit longer.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Item subs are closed! Please vote here:

Stage subs will close soon

Submit a transformation item!

Please submit an item that makes a temporary change to a character's stats or abilities, and cannot be thrown away or used to attack like a weapon. "Transformation" is not literal in this sense, so it doesn't have to be a change in body/shape - clothing changes are fine too. The top two will be added from this job.

FazDude

Smash Master
Transformation Item: Superball Flower (Super Mario Land)

This item gives the fighter a monochrome filter, as well as pixels beneath their feet when they dash. Their jab is replaced by being able to throw out a Superball, which acts pretty much the same way as in Super Mario Maker 2, being able to damage opponents and bounce off surfaces.

Transformation item:
Cape Feather
1649176639260.png

It's a power-up originating from Super Mario World on SNES that gives you an ability to glide and attack opponents.
Well, if you activate it, you get Mario's cape and your side B gets replace by Mario's side B - Cape. You could deflect projectiles and hit opponents with Cape.
You can also Glide with Cape like in Mario games.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mini Mushroom and Poison Mini Mushroom

I try not to do double subs for non-double jobs but I feel this one is necessary: The Mini Mushroom shrinks its user down to the size of a poison mushroom - however, it has some differences from a poison mushroom:
  1. Power is buffed
  2. Speed is increased
  3. Attack speed is increased
  4. Jump height is increased
  5. Falling speed is decreased
  6. Air speed is increased
Though weight still decreases.

Poison Mini Mushrooms, on the other hand make you the size of a Super Mushroomed character - however you're nothing more than a target because...
  1. Power is the same as regular
  2. Speed is decreased
  3. Attack speed is decreased
  4. Jump height is decreased
  5. Air speed is decreased
  6. Falling speed is increased
Weight still increases though

Players infected by poison mushrooms, both normal and mini, now have a purple glow to distinguish from a buff

Just for reference, double subs are allowed in certain "package deal" circumstances and are considered a single sub in voting. They aren't allowed for stages or fighters though.

Transformation Item: Superball Flower (Super Mario Land)

This item gives the fighter a monochrome filter, as well as pixels beneath their feet when they dash. Their jab is replaced by being able to throw out a Superball, which acts pretty much the same way as in Super Mario Maker 2, being able to damage opponents and bounce off surfaces.
I love the idea, but it unfortunately doesn't count since it'd be used to directly attack rather than buffing stats. Keep the idea around for a weapon job though!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Invincibility Leaf

Has the same effect as the Tanooki Leaf, but you're also invincible, and the ears/tail are gold and white. This will only spawn in 3+ player matches, and ony above the head of the player with the least points/stocks/HP.
(Sorry for suddenly submitting two 3D Land items, but for being the first portable 3D Mario (and a damn fine one at that) it could certainly use some more representation).

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I love the idea, but it unfortunately doesn't count since it'd be used to directly attack rather than buffing stats. Keep the idea around for a weapon job though!
Alright, I'll be sure to keep it in a safe place for now. My bad. As for my substitute submission...

Dash Pepper (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

When consumed, this fiery pepper would give the fighter a red hue and steam billowing from their head. While under the effects of the Dash Pepper, your walk/run/air speed would all increase drastically, but your traction is heavily weakened as well. It's kinda like Smash's Bunny Hood, but without a jump height boost.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FazDude FazDude cashregister9 cashregister9 I don't think I can accept the submissions of Swingin' in the Breeze and Super Nintendo World due to their visual similarities to Rainbow Cruise and 3D Land respectively - I'd probably be a bit more leniant on this for any other job, but since this is a job just for aesthetics I don't think I can allow them, sorry. I'll give an extra hour for replacement submissions or modifications to make them more distinct

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I will replace super nintendo land with Mushroom Gorge

It is a PS/PS2 clone with the big platform being a mushroom platform and the 2 smaller platforms being clouds. The background is the cave section and you can see racers jumping on the mushrooms in the back. with hazards on the main platform increases your jump height but it's not bouncy.

Transformation Item

Carrot

Once eaten the player gets some extra floppy bunny ears.

With these ears you have a slow fall in the air and can sort of float in mid-air. you can also jump continuously by holding the jump button when on the ground

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage subs are now closed!
Dribble & Spitz

You fight on the dashboard of Dribble & Spitz' car on a (by default) rainy Diamond City night. There are no hazards aside from the distracting sight of Dribble's beautiful mug in the mirror.

Bowser's Kingdom

The perfect arena for an epic showdown, you fight at the entrance with the kingdom looming above. With hazards on, fireworks will ocassionally fire diagonally from the bottom blast zone and explode as soon as they make contact with a fighter.

Sarasaland GB

This would be a slightly 3D take on the classic game like the Duck Hunt stage, with a non-recreated layout and non-flattened fighters like the Melee retro stages. The lack of sights; animation; colours; or distractions makes it a perfect arena for when you need full concentration. With hazards on the stage will sometimes go "Bonus Round mode" where this song starts and all items or item effects disappear before a (gauranteed non-squeaky) Golden Hammer flies around the stage DVD logo-style in a grey, uninteractable form and, once the song stops, it instantly attracts itself to whoever is closest and item summons continue as usual. Comes in GB green; GB Pocket white; and GB Lite turquoise - selectable with the B, X, and Y buttons respectively while A chooses a random one

Millstone Mayhem

In the ancient temple where a Kong civilisation once thrived. With hazards on, the gisnt Gnawty wheels will sometimes crash in to create a curved walk-off - be warned though, those wheels are still rolling even if they've stopped moving, so they function like conyever belts into the blastzone.
Competitve Stage Layouts:

Krow's Nest (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)

I know that the actual level has the nest as the only possible analogue to a soft platform, but we could easily have it serve as a stage hazard while adding the needed amount of platforms. As for the hazard itself, Krow himself (or Kreepy Krow if the stage is set to a storm/nighttime) would fly around and drop eggs onto fighters.

I made this with with the Pokemon Stadium 2 layout in mind, but I could settle for Kalos.

Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)

I love this stage's aesthetic, and it could easily serve as a great use of the time/weather features. Otherwise, though, there wouldn't be any real hazards (aside from the obvious shading style, which is essentially a stage hazard from a competitive standpoint) - Just a really chill stage.

I don't really mind which layout is used for this one.
Diamond City

This is a stage that takes place on top of sky scraper and the 2 platforms on the edges are hovering platforms.

In the background you can see various friends of Wario and some buildings

Kong Island

This is a simple stage that takes place in the middle of the ocean and you can see Kong Island in the background
Cardstock Carnival

This would be a stage based on Yoshi's Crafted world and the background consists of many platforms and enemies from the stages in this world. The platforms themselves are just based on the platforms in the world.
I'll submit Clock Tower (Super Mario 3D Land) in leiu of Swingin' in the Breeze (it'd also be the PM Green Hill layout).
I will replace super nintendo land with Mushroom Gorge

It is PS2 clone with the big platform being a mushroom platform and the 2 smaller platforms being clouds. The background is the cave section and you can see racers jumping on the mushrooms in the back. with hazards on the main platform increases your jump height but it's not bouncy.
  1. Dribble & Spitz
  2. Bowser's Kingdom
  3. Sarasaland GB
  4. Millstone Mayhem
  5. Krow's Nest
  6. Sunset Shore
  7. Diamond City
  8. DK Island
  9. Cardstock Carnival
  10. Clock Tower
  11. Mushroom Gorge
Please vote for your top 5 - #1 gives 3 points, #2 and #3 give 2 points, #4 and #5 give 1 point. You can vote for up to 3 of your own, and #1 must be someone else's submission. The top 4 will be added with me choosing which platform layout is in each stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom