- May 17, 2020
- Ice Paradise
1. Bowser's Brother
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Unfortunately, I don't think I can approve this one since the Purple Wind is already an alt costume - great idea though!Land Item: Thief Disguise
Appears on the ground as just the hat. When you pick it up, it's a transformation item that puts you in the Thief Disguise. If you're not currently holding an item in your hand, you can touch any opponent to steal their item. This even works if they are glowing from having a Final Smash at the ready, letting you gain your Final Smash!
- For the Smash attacks, music is made with Mario Paint's music maker symbols - instead of being scared, the duo dance along. Functionally the same.
- Side B is the Rocket. Undodog throws a tiny undo rocket with other, 16-bit, Undodogs serving as the reticle. Functions the same as the clay pigeon with one change: if it lands, it makes an extremely powerful explosion, while if it's undone with the Undodogs it will make a smaller explosion good for starting combos
- Down B features King Watinga, who comes in multiple colours and shoots flies out his mouth. The flies are multihit, but the final fly will send a foe flying the same way the Wild Gunman's shot would.
- Neutral B has been changed to a paint bucket. It functions the same, with a cursor as a reticle
- Default - collar has soft edges
- Grey fur, black collar, white Yamamura (based on his appearence in Mario Paint when not selected) - collar has sharp edges
- Dalmatian, red collar, orange and yellow Yamamura - collar has soft edges
- Bernese Mountain Dog, red collar, purple and cyan Yamamura - collar has sharp edges
- Border collie, blue collar, brown and green Yamamura - collar has soft edges
- Beagle, purple collar, blue and brown Yamamura - collar has sharp edges
- Crudely drawn
- "Colouring page" (Crudely drawn with green fur; blue collar; and pink Yamamura)
My alts win by defaultMario Maker Duo Changes:
- Any move involving the Zapper’s crosshairs is replaced by the cursor from Mario Paint. For example, instead of the Zapper shooting thrice for U&Y’s forward smash, the cursor clicks thrice.
- Trick Shot is replaced by Notes, where U&Y toss out the (what else?) dog note. The move otherwise acts the same, with each consecutive “click” on the note causing it to switch to another and play its respective sound.
- The Clay Shooting is replaced with the Rocket, which is pretty much what Wario Wario Wario already submitted. Got sniped.
- The Wild Gunmen have been replaced by a Bill Blaster, which actually can shoot out one of multiple types of ammo: Standard Bullet Bills (which fly straight forwards), Bulls-Eye Bills (which home in on opponents), Green Shells, or Bob-Ombs.
Minigame Stage: Mushroom Mix-Up (Mario Party)
This stage consists of a few mushroom platforms, with water at the bottom of the stage. Occasionally, a few of the mushrooms will shake for a few seconds before retracting into the water for a short time. During that time, though, the stage essentially becomes king of the hill - After all, the only safe ground is whatever platforms remain!
Mario Party: Burnstile
This stage has two platforms - the crater is in the background. A spiky stick spins around from the crater and will knock back anyone hit by it very far. The lava below also deals damage and knockback - try not to get caught between a rock and and a hot place! The stick's speed increases and decreases randomly, and it will sometimes switch directions.
Fast Food Frenzy
(Ignore the bottom part)
Dodge the menu items, which will deal super-sizable damage, or try to direct your opponents to the delicious obstacles in this terribly unhealthy stage.
Mario Party Stage:
View attachment 349991
Snow Way Out
I really don't feel like this is very likely to win, but I just had to rep the Mario Party I grew up with, and this one was really the only minigame that could make a good stage. The fighters will stand on the roof, and despite not being a blast zone, you will be instantly KO'd if you touch the snowy ground (although it has a unique animation where you'll freeze first before exploding as if you died in a Stamina match). A randomly selected playable character from Mario Party 8 (it can be any of them, but it will never be a character who's participating in the current match) will pilot the snowball shooting machine, arriving and leaving in regular intervals. They'll fire snowballs at the roof, trying to aim for the fighters. If someone is hit with a snowball, they'll be frozen, which in this case does not include any knockback like Smash's regular freezing effects. If a snowball misses, it will instead hit the roof and create a temporary snow patch that makes characters slide. This can be used for pseudo-wavedashing, but beware. You are 75% more likely to trip and fall if you start to dash while standing on one of these patches!
Thiss would be a vertical scrolling stage where you are on a flat platform that goes up a giant fence, you can climb up the fence like a ladder. On the Wall there are the rotating spikes and the Koopa Kids appear behind the wall and shoot a flamethrower through the fence in an attempt to damage the players.
What do you mean by this? Piranha Plant, Bowser Jr, and Bowser don't share victory themes.Goomba shares with Plant and the Koopas.
Wait a minuteWhat do you mean by this? Piranha Plant, Bowser Jr, and Bowser don't share victory themes.
- A crudely-built crate with the Kremling flag on it is opened, revealing a cramped and barrel-shaped K. Rool inside.
- Daisy falls from the sky and punches the ground, her ball forms from plasma energy
- Bowser Jr. hops out of an M painting while the clown car forms from paint goop.
- One of Bowser's Castles appears (basically a 3D rendition of the 8-bit castle), Bowser tears it down with his claws from inside and burns the debris
- Peach steps out of a carriage, assisted by the same loyal Toad in her B and throws
- This portion of Ashley's theme in an instrumental style, beginning rather sweet but gaining intensity upon the lyric "and if you say no, you're toast!"
- Undodog gets an orchestration of SMW stage clear
- Baby Bros., Baby Princesses and the Stork all get an orchestrated rendition of this portion of Story Music Box, with a similar flourish to Yoshi's canon victory theme
- Waluigi gets Wario's old victory theme from Brawl
- Funky shares Diddy's boombox victory theme
- TT and Drumstick have a portion from TT's Theme, starting at the timestamp and ending at 0:16
- Timber and most of the other racers share the DKR title theme, At 0:24 it changes to a remix of the song's final flourish
- Tiny's is a silly big band swing rendition of Dixie's stage clear.
- Dixie has her stage clear from DKC2
- Bowser flies onto the stage in the Koopa Clown Car, just like in Smash Remix.
- Diddy Kong's stage entrance is the same as before, only his barrel has a "DD" on it like in Tropical Freeze.
- King K. Rool is lowered down to the stage on a wire, while he waves his arms cheering for himself.
- If Wario is in his overalls or Purple Wind costume, he'll fall out of a portal just like in Wario Land 4. Otherwise, he keeps his old entrance.
- Captain Toad gets the last few notes of the Toad Brigade theme. 0:35-0:40
- Mama & Tuxie get Mario 64's Power Star jingle. For some reason this was the only video I could find
- Undodog & Yamamura get part of the Super Mario Maker theme. 0:7-0:13
- Gooigi gets a portion of the Luigi's Mansion theme. Ideally, I'd like to give this to Luigi himself as well. Should be obvious which part
- Dixie Kong of course gets her level clear music from DKC2. Only the first one is necessary...
- Funky Kong gets a portion of Funky the Main Monkey. 0:4-0:9
- Timber gets Diddy Kong Racing's "race clear" jingle (which I couldn't find for some reason, which is followed by the Lobby music replacing the regular results music. Results!
- Waluigi gets a portion of Waluigi Pinball. From SSF2
- Ashley & Red obviously get part of Ashley's Song. 0:3-0:10
- Penny gets a portion of her own theme. 1:18-1:29
- Geno gets a remix of the victory fanfares from Super Mario RPG. Should be obvious
- Fawful & Cackletta get a rendition of Fawful, Cackletta. 0:5-0:11
Please vote here for victories:Intro Animations
The only idea I have that wasn't submitted already is for Donkey Kong: Rather than busting out of a DK Barrel, he leaps onto the stage before beating his chest and hollering, mimicking his stage intro from Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze.
For characters I didn't list, assume that someone else already submitted an idea I really like.
- Captain Toad: Level Clear! - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Goomba: Game Over - Super Mario Bros.
- Mama & Tuxie: An excerpt of Cool Cool Mountain from Super Mario 64 (0:18-0:26). Probably sped up a little.
- Undodog & Yamamura: An excerpt of the Gnat Attack victory theme from Mario Paint (0:00-0:05).
- Timber, Tiny Kong, TT and Drumstick: Same idea as Torgo's; Just expanded to encompass all the racers.
The prompt was to submit a single prompt that will lead to two stages.Stage prompts:
- Submit a stage from Luigi's Mansion (probably a bit too specific, but I think the games deserve more than one stage)
- Submit a stage hailing from an RPG.
Oh, my bad; Cut it down to just the RPG prompt.The prompt was to submit a single prompt that will lead to two stages.