• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Hell yeah! I think it would actually be really cool to see. I mean, it's a step toward something I always thought would be cool - other content being added in each Challenger Pack. For instance, I felt that a Creeper AT would have been perfect for Steve - likewise, a Jack Frost AT would have been amazing for Joker. I'm not thinking for every single one, but it would have been nice y'know?
Yeah, I agree. Even if we didn't get any in the end, it would've been better than paying for Assist Trophies individually.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fighter submission: The Sims (EA)

The Sims would be an unorthodox fighter, possibly with a currency system similar to Slap City's Business Casual Man or Rivals' Shovel Knight, using a variety of the different modern appliances to fight. Their inclusion is entirely justified given how popular the Sims IP is, but would also surprise many even with the EA copyright leaked given they don't share much fandom overlap and aren't traditionally fighters - or even characters!

D

Deleted member

Sol Badguy

The main character from Arc System Work's stylish fighting game series Guilty Gear. Like Terry, Sol may be unfamiliar to some players at first, but I believe the stylish action of the character could win people over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

The main character from Arc System Work's stylish fighting game series Gulty Gear. Similar to Terry, this may be a character who is unfamiliar to some players at first, but one who I think would win pepole over due to his stylish over the top nature.
ahh yes sol badguy, known for his electric ninja skills

Unrepresented Character:
Resubmitting Doom Guy

Job about historical predecessor characters:
Doom Guy (DOOM)

Doom Guy is character from DOOM Series. He is Space Marine that kills Demons in Hell, on Earth and in Space (On Mars ironically). He debuted on PCs, while being made by ID Software and later he was acquired by Bethesda.
His first game came out in 1993, which it could fit in Terry's slot, due to both being 90's Video Game Characters.
He is Iconic VG character and he would use DOOM ETERNAL Design (albeit with some DOOM 2016 due to fact that DLC was planned in 2018) to promote Doom Eternal game that was in 2019, but it was delayed to 2020.
DOOM is historical predecessor to Metroid Prime and Splatoon, which are both FPS Games in VG History.

If he was Included in Smash, he could use moveset from DOOM games like Shotgun as Side Smash or Meat Hook as Up B. He could be Heavyweight character with Crawl Ability. His Final Smash could be BFG 9000 and he could evaporate all fighter with that Final Smash.

I nominate my DOOM Slayer, because he could be historical predecessor to Metroid Prime and Splatoon, which is metroid and Splatoon actually. He could be Iconic addition to smash, which he could bring a lot of DOOM fans to Smash. Also, he could be Bethesda rep in Smash as AU DLC.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Unrepresented character from a company:
Scorpion
From street fighters biggest rival and the best selling fighting game series of all time,scorpion is an icon and will bring something decently unique to smash.
He will be one of the bigger reveals of smash of all time and will generate alot of hype

7e2840644bbb036dbdfca4f5a7ab604a.png

Paraster

Smash Lord

Paraster

Smash Lord
A few hours late on CP4 results, but here's what we got:

Cuphead: 9
Sans: 8
Shovel Knight: 8
Sims: 6
Estelle Bright: 10
Sol Badguy: 11
Doomguy: 5
Scorpion: 9

Looks like Arc System Works is the company that gets leaked this time, because Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear is our CP4! (Fitting it's another fighting game character.)
1639451677117.png

Submissions for Sol's moveset, stage, and music list are open. I am also open to any 3D renders that would better resemble a Smash render.

D

Deleted member

Neo New York
Sol's home stage. It is a flat stage, though the buildings act as platforms. Players can be thrown off the cliffs like the ones seen above

Music List:
Keep Yourself Alive 2 (New Remix)
Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) (New Remix)
The Re-Coming (New Remix)
Blue Water Blue Sky
Suck a Sage
Momentary Life
March of the Wicked King
Destructive Goodwill
Still in the Dark
Burly Heart
Big Blast Sonic (New Remix)
Heavy Day
Break a Spell
Give me a Break
Mangoila Ecilar
One Dawn
Juno
Ride the Fire!

Moveset may come later

Sol Moveset:

Gimmicks:
Tension Gauge: By engaging with the enemy, either by moving towards them or attacking them, the meter will go up. Sol can then spend the meter to perform a Roman Cancel, or an Overdrive. However, zoning and acting more passive will result in a Negative Penalty, bringing the Tension Meter back to zero.
He retains 1-1 Facing and Command Inputs.
Normal Attacks, Aerials and Grab & Throws.
  • Jab: A quick poke with Sol's sword, followed by a slash, followed by an upward slash.
  • Side Tilt: An overhead kick.
  • Up Tilt: An upward sword swing.
  • Down Tilt: A low kick.
  • Dash Attack: Lunges forward and attacks with a shoulder bash.
  • Side Smash: A powerful flaming punch. Based off of Fafnir.
  • Up Smash: A slow but powerful uppercut. Has low knockback but is great for setting up combos.
  • Down Smash: A sword slam downward.
  • Neutral Air: A short-ranged downward punch.
  • Forward Air: A downward slash.
  • Back Air: A sweep kick.
  • Up Air: An upward arcing slash.
  • Down Air: A downward sword slam.
  • Pummel: Knees the enemy.
  • Forward Throw: Headbutts the foe, knocking them away.
  • Back Throw: Tosses the enemy behind him. Based off of Wild Throw.
  • Up Throw: Tosses the enemy into the air with his sword before punching them away.
  • Down Throw: Tosses the enemy to the ground.
Specials:
  • Neutral Special: Gun Flame / Blockhead Buster - Sol shoots a wave of fire that travels across the ground. Travels pretty quickly, but suffers from short range. In the air it is replaced with Blockhead Buster, a close-ranged burst of fire in front of Sol.
  • Side Special: Bandit Revolver / Bandit Bringer - Sol lunges forward and performs two flying kicks. If the button is held, Sol instead performs Bandit Bringer, jumping in the air and performing a flaming punch at a downward angle. Input this motion: (↓↘→) to increase the attack's damage.
  • Up Special: Volcanic Viper / Ground Viper - Sol performs a rising uppercut with his sword. It's invincible at the start. On the ground, if you hold the button, Sol will instead perform Ground Viper, flying forward before performing the attack. Both the ground and air variants when held do increased damage, at the cost of leaving you vulnerable for a bit longer. Input this motion: (→↓↘) to increase the attack's damage.
  • Down Special: Night Raid Vortex / Break - Sol rushes low to the ground, and performs a flaming uppercut. Hold the button to increase distance. In the air, it is replaced with Break, a diving flame kick that creates a small shockwave upon impact with the ground. Input this motion: (↓↙←) to increase the attack's damage.
  • Final Smash: Branding Breach - Sol performs a Fafnir, sending anyone in his way into a cutscene. Sol charges his sword, tapping into its full power, before rushing toward the enemy as fire erupts from the ground. He jabs his opponent on the gun barrel, and fires a massive flaming laser that annihilates them, just before an explosion breaks the ground open. Instantly KOs enemies if they are at over 100%.
Overdrives:

• Tyrant Rave: Sol rushes forward, uppercutting the enemy. He then follows up with a powerful flaming punch, knocking the foe away. Uses half of your Tension meter. Performed with this motion: (→↘↙←→)
  • Dragon Install: Sol access a portion of his Gear powers, gaining a boost in power and speed until the Tension meter depletes. Requires at least half of your Tension meter to use. Performed with this motion: (↓↙←↓↙←)
  • Roman Cancel: Sol creates a blast around him, briefly slowing down the enemy and cancelling your attack animations. This allows you to cancel your current attack, and perform a combo. Using a Roman Cancel takes half of your Tension meter. Performed by pressing special while shielding.
(I really liked Crakabolazy's Moveset, so I posted this moveset)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Darkonedagger's stage and music list win by default. I'll wait a bit on moveset in case Darkonedagger still wants to submit one.

In any case, submissions for Sol's alternate colors, entry animation, taunts, victory animations, Boxing Ring title, and Classic Mode are open.

D

Deleted member

I like tankman's moveset and I'm also bad at them.

Entrance:
Sol walks onto the stage as he swings his Junkyard Dog Mk. III into the air, turning around and catching it before going into his idle stance.

Taunts:
  • Up: Sol gives the opponent a slight thumbs-up.
  • Side: Sol stands up while crossing his arms as wind flows his hair.
  • Down: Sol turns his back and gives a thumbs-down.

Alternate Colors

Victory
Sol stands with his back to the camera like this. His victory theme is Decision from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN.

Boxing Ring Title:
"The Flame of Corruption"

Classic Mode - D.O.A:
Sol battles opponents in a series of 1v1 stamina battles. Each character represents a character from the original Guilty Gear. Each stage is in its Ω form and that characters theme will play.

1. Richer on Spirit Train (Representing Axl Low.)
2. Inkling on Pirate Ship (Representing May)
3. Bowser on Shadow Moses Island (Representing Potempkin)
4. Grey Greninja on Suzaku Castle (Representing Chipp Zanuff)
5. Yellow Bayonetta on Peach's Castle (Representing Millia Rage)
6. White Shulk on Kalos Pokémon League (Representing Ky Kiske)
7. Bonus Game
8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Unbalanced Badguys
Referencing his intentionally rigged high tier placements, Sol fights characters who have, in one game or another, been considered the best in the game
  1. Vs. Meta Knight on Smashville - Song: Super Smash Bros. Brawl theme
  2. Vs. Bayonetta on Town & City - Song: Smash 3DS/Wii U Battlefield
  3. Vs. red DK on Figure 8 Circuit - Song: Funky's Fugue
  4. Vs. Mewtwo on Dream Land GB (Dedede Castle doors) - Song: Pokémon Red and Blue theme (Melee)
  5. Vs. Diddy Kong on Kongo Jungle 64 - Song: Jungle Level (64)
  6. Vs. Daisy on Wuhu Island (Swordplay arena) - Song: Excite Truck
  7. Bonus
  8. Vs. Fox, Marth, Jigglypuff, and Falco on Yoshi's Story - Song: Giga Bowser

Paraster

Smash Lord
Darkonedagger's everything-except-Classic Mode wins automatically.

Classic Mode Vote
Classic Mode - D.O.A:
Sol battles opponents in a series of 1v1 stamina battles. Each character represents a character from the original Guilty Gear. Each stage is in its Ω form and that characters theme will play.

1. Richer on Spirit Train (Representing Axl Low.)
2. Inkling on Pirate Ship (Representing May)
3. Bowser on Shadow Moses Island (Representing Potempkin)
4. Grey Greninja on Suzaku Castle (Representing Chipp Zanuff)
5. Yellow Bayonetta on Peach's Castle (Representing Millia Rage)
6. White Shulk on Kalos Pokémon League (Representing Ky Kiske)
7. Bonus Game
8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand
Unbalanced Badguys
Referencing his intentionally rigged high tier placements, Sol fights characters who have, in one game or another, been considered the best in the game
  1. Vs. Meta Knight on Smashville - Song: Super Smash Bros. Brawl theme
  2. Vs. Bayonetta on Town & City - Song: Smash 3DS/Wii U Battlefield
  3. Vs. red DK on Figure 8 Circuit - Song: Funky's Fugue
  4. Vs. Mewtwo on Dream Land GB (Dedede Castle doors) - Song: Pokémon Red and Blue theme (Melee)
  5. Vs. Diddy Kong on Kongo Jungle 64 - Song: Jungle Level (64)
  6. Vs. Daisy on Wuhu Island (Swordplay arena) - Song: Excite Truck
  7. Bonus
  8. Vs. Fox, Marth, Jigglypuff, and Falco on Yoshi's Story - Song: Giga Bowser
Vote your favorite of these two. You may vote your own. I vote Darkonedagger's.

D

Deleted member

Mine (I feel battles that represent specific characters should be saved for Spirits)
I mean you can easily do both.

Also what do you mean by best in the game. Like, in canon? Because competivly I don't really see Sol listed as like a "best" character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I mean you can easily do both. I just feel like yours doesn't really have much to do with GG? No disrespect intended

Also what do you mean by best in the game. Like, in cabon? Because competivly I don't really see Sol listed as like a "best" character.
I read that Sol is intentionally designed in Guilty Gear to be very powerful and consistently top tier, maybe this is misinfo? I dunno. Either way this isn't canon but rather in terms of gameplay, competitive or otherwise.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Sol Classic Mode Results
Darkonedagger: 4
Wario: 1

Submissions for Sol's DLC Spirit Board and Mii Costume Wave 4 are open. As a reminder, the Smash 4 costumes not yet added are as follows:
Akira, Jacky
Chocobo
Gil
Heihachi
Hunter, Rathalos
Knuckles, Tails
Lloyd
MegaMan.EXE, Proto Man, X, Zero

D

Deleted member

Mii Costumes:
Ky Kiske (Swordsman)
Jam Kuradoberi (Brawler)
Ragna the Bloodedge (Swordsman)
Noel Vermillion (Gunner)
Terry Bogard (Brawler)
Heihachi (Brawler)

Wanted to try and do some Blazblue rep. Came down to May or Jam for the 2nd GG spot but I think May's design ks a little more iconic.

I'll try and knock up a spirits list tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

No table sadly but I tired to organise them as nice as I could.

Fighter Spirits:
Sol Badguy
Order Sol

Spirit Board:
Ky Kiske
  • Primary, Ace
  • Puppet: White Shulk
  • Stage: Kalos Pokémon League
  • Skill: Electric Attack↑
  • Music: Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)
May
  • Primary, Novice
  • Puppet: Inkling
  • Stage: Pirate Ship
  • Skill: Water Attack ↑
  • Music: Blue Water, Blue Sky

Millia Rage
  • Primary, Advanced
  • Puppet: Yellow Bayonetta
  • Stage: Peach's Castle
  • Skill: Speed ↑
  • Music: Still in the Dark