• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Ultimate DLC In A Parallel Universe (Finished! - Some Content Incomplete)

Paraster

Smash Lord
Darkonedagger's spirit list wins by default.

Mii Fighter Wave 4 Vote
Mii Costumes:
Ky Kiske (Swordsman)
Jam Kuradoberi (Brawler)
Ragna the Bloodedge (Swordsman)
Noel Vermillion (Gunner)
Terry Bogard (Brawler)
Heihachi (Brawler)
My Mii Costumes:
  • Ragna the Bloodedge (Swordfighter)
  • Hero (Dragon Quest) (Swordfighter)
  • Dizzy (Guilty gear) (Brawler)
  • Captain Commado (Gunner)
  • Terry Bogard (Deluxe Mii Costume) (Brawler) (Comes with with Fatal Fury Medley)
Mii Fighter Wave 4 Submission
Ky Kiske - Guilty Gear (Swordfighter)
Ragna the Bloodedge - BlazBlue (Swordfighter)
Chun-Li - Street Fighter (Brawler)
Zero - Mega Man X (Swordfighter)
Heihachi - Tekken (Brawler)
Scorpion - Mortal Kombat Scorpion (Brawler)
Vote your favorite of these 3 lineups. You may vote your own (I vote mine).

Paraster

Smash Lord
Mii Fighter Wave 4 Results
Darkonedagger: 0
Tankman: 1
Paraster: 3

With that, I'd say it's time to determine criteria for Challenger Pack 5, the finale of Fighters Pass Vol. 1! As a reminder, the original CP5 was Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, announced during their own Mr. Sakurai Presents on 1.16.2020.

My own submission: A first-party that would prompt debates of overrepresentation.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP5 Criteria Candidates
First-party that would prompt debates of overrepresentation. (Paraster)
Promotes a major switch release. (Darkonedagger)
Teacher/educator. (Wario)
Uses multiple different weapons. (Baysha)
Whose series has sold at least 20 million copies. (Perkilator)
From an already-represented Nintendo property. (Tankman from Newgrounds)
Can have both male and female alts. (KneeOfJustice99)

Please vote your top 3 of this list. You may vote your own as #2 or #3.

D

Deleted member

Multiple weapons
Male & female alts
Promotion

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraster

Smash Lord
CP5 Criteria Results
Voters: 8

First-party that would prompt debates of overrepresentation: 8
Promotes a major switch release: 4
Teacher/educator: 0
Uses multiple different weapons: 18
Whose series has sold at least 20 million copies: 2
From an already-represented Nintendo property: 7
Can have both male and female alts: 9

Well, this was a bigger blowout than I expected! Our Challenger Pack 5 will wield multiple weapons, much like how Byleth wielded four of the Heroes' Relics! Submissions for characters like this are now open. Please make sure to mention specifically what potential weapons a character would wield.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
I was gonna submit Alucard. Then I remembered he was an assist trophy. Then I was gonna submit Zero and I remembered he was also an assist. Ultimate really made all the best characters assists huh.

Anyway what I ended up choosing is kinda stretching the definition of a weapon... But I still think he fits.

Matt (Wii Sports)

Matt would fight using a variety of sports equipment. From the conventional, such as boxing gloves and swords, to the strange, such as bowling balls and Frisbees. While the Mii fighters technically represent the Mii series, Matt would give a much more faithful adaptation of the source material due to not having the restriction of being an avatar.

Multiple Weapon character:
Jonesy (Fortnite)

1640162121417.png

(Sorry, Image is too big, but that's ok)
Who is Jonesy? (You guys know him)
Jonesy
is a main protagonist of Fortnite franchise and he is known for being Player's default avatar and leader of Imagined Order in Fortnite Lore. In Fortnite, his purpose is being last one standing person while fighting 100 players on huge maps through chapters and his second purpose in Fortnite Lore is balancing the bridge between Islands and Dimensions.
Jonesy is one of iconic VG Characters, who could represent well-known ground-breaking Battle Royale genre and he could fit in smash due to Fighting with Multiple Weapons.

How Jonesy could work?
Just like Steve, Jonesy could have building gimmick and he could use different weapons in the fight like Rifles or Shotguns. His building gimmick would work while he could switch between Gun Mode or Build Mode by using his Shield Special like Inkling does when it's running out of Ink. The Build mode would work like steve's, but he could build ramps, walls and rooftops to protect from Enemy's Attacks. While gun mode would allow him to shoot and using ranged weapons like Grenades. His jab could be his Pickaxe and side smash can be Tactical Shotgun that can make a headshot by occasion.
Jonesy could be Middle-Weight mix up character with no additional movement options.

Why Jonesy needs to be in Smash?
Yeah, I know some people hate Fortnite, but I include him, because he is one of Iconic Modern game characters like Steve from Minecraft and he could represent Battle Royale Genre, which he could fit into this game as Newcomer. Since Fortnite was booming in 2017-2018, that could mean that he can join smash due to it's popularity. Despite that, he could be a suprise pick since people won't expect him to join the Battle.

D

Deleted member

2B

The main character of the 2017 action game Neir Automata. A combat android created to defend the human race from lifeforms created by an alien race. 2B obtains a variety of weapons during that game that could be worked into her moveset. The game never released on Nintendo platforms but we have PaRappa so I feel like that wouldn't be an issue. She's also extremely popular.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Whilst this may not technically count, I think this is a genuinely solid pick for something like this:

1640184967594.png

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik!

So, you may ask, how does he use multiple weapons? Well, here's my thinking. He would have a walker-type mech of sorts that he sits inside, which itself is a sort of combination between three of his vehicles: the classic Eggmobile, the E-Mech, and the Egg Walker.

1640185049004.png
1640185063130.png
1640185099914.png

The "different weapons" schtick comes from the fact that this all new Eggmobile is, similarly to Bowser Jr's Clown Car, packed to the brim with various weapons - all of which originate from different Eggman boss fights! Be they the wrecking ball we saw all the way back in Green Hill, to the drill attachment from Emerald Hill's boss, even to weirder picks like implementing the Fire Pod we saw burning Angel Island in Sonic 3: and even the Death Egg Robot as a potential final smash!

Not only this, but there's absolutely tons of potential for every single move in Eggman's arsenal given this as his inspiration!

Top Bottom