• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I had this idea before I switched to Tankman, but I realized that he couldn't be worth for Fighting Game, so I Scrapped him and I switched to Tankman (Mascot of NewGrounds)
This is the only thing you brought me to my mind.

AlRex

Smash Lord
We’ve got perhaps the most submissions we’ve gotten so far, so I think now would be a good time to open up voting!
Yiptap Yiptap Santa Claus
Baysha Baysha Slenderman
@Darkonedagger Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Optimus Prime (Transformers)
BonafideFella BonafideFella Rat Fink
cashregister9 cashregister9 Inugami Korone
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Wikipe-tan
Oddball Oddball Hercules
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Pepsiman
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman (Newgrounds)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Ronald McDonald (McDonald’s)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Mr. Clean
nirvanafan nirvanafan Clippy (Microsoft Office)
AlRex AlRex Rich Uncle Pennybags (Monopoly)

The sheer variety is astounding here. Optimus Prime, Rat Fink, and Inugami Korone all in a row shows that for sure.
But as for my personal votes, it was difficult, but here they are:
1. Santa Claus
2. Ronald McDonald
3. Rat Fink

It was really close, but Santa and Ronald are, IIRC, two of the most recognizable characters in the world, and Rat Fink was an incredibly unique choice that really intrigued me. There are a lot of good choices here again, though.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I was gonna submit the undertaker but the prompt ended before I could submit him. So I’ll probably do it in the future.
Ahh dang, sorry for ending it before you could submit. We'll have more ones you can submit to for the future, for sure.

I thought of LEGO Figures as a potential equivalent to Mii Fighters for this game, but it remains to be seen whether LEGO will get a character on the roster or not. Maybe this can be an idea we vote on later.
1639168031689.png

And as for most of the "Other" songs, because of the hold, I'm placing them in a vault, so to speak. Though the next job could end up putting some of them to use. We'll see...

Last edited:
Ahh dang, sorry for ending it before you could submit. We'll have more ones you can submit to for the future, for sure.

I thought of LEGO Figures as a potential equivalent to Mii Fighters for this game, but it remains to be seen whether LEGO will get a character on the roster or not. Maybe this can be an idea we vote on later.
View attachment 340018
Bro, what happened to Others songs?
Did you remove those tracks for some reason?

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Ronald McDonald
2. Santa
3. Wikipe-tan

Great choices all around, I just decided to do who I think were the 2 most known characters and my own self-bias because this is early (this'd be the 8th character out of 64) but all of the submitted characters would be great to have eventually.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Santa Claus: 23
Ronald McDonald: 11
Rat Fink: 4
Wikipe-Tan: 4
Clippy: 12
Tankman: 2
Pepsiman: 8
Optimus Prime: 4
Hatsune Miku: 5
Rich Uncle Pennybags: 2
Mr. Clean: 5
Slenderman: 5
Hercules: 5
Inugami Korone: 0
Almost everybody got a vote here. Except the dog Vtuber. Sorry. But the clear winner here is Santa Claus. Congrats to Yiptap Yiptap !

Our next job...
Job #16: Submit a stage from anything not represented.
This doesn’t deconfirm any future characters, so don’t worry. That said, if I submitted Walmart or Target or something, maybe that doesn’t mean I also gotta submit the Smiley Face or the Target Dog later on.

I might submit something in a bit.

D

Deleted member

Poor Korone. I'd like to see her get added one day.

Anyway.

Jurassic Park

The theme park from the film franchise of the same name. This stage will take you on a tour through the park, but eventually something will go wrong. And the dinosaurs will get loose. Players will have to avoid hazards such as a pack of raptors or a hungry t-rex.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage submission: Garfield

In this stage, you fight inside a Garfield comic strip, complete with a screen blockage by the panels. Different Garfield comics will play out panel-by-panel with you able to use dialogue boxes and certain objects/characters as platforms. You can tell what you can stand on from it being rendered in 3D.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Stage: Akihabara, Tokyo
1639189278352.png

Think on the streets stage of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but with references to japanese entertainment media. Many people is cheering to the characters in the stage and a random, generic waitress will serve food to heal the damage. There's also many cars launches the fighters out of the battle.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace

Minesweeper

This stage would have a layout similar to Battlefield with a randomly generated Minesweeper board in the background. However, characters will activate all blocks that they are touching. (Basically the same effect as clicking them in normal Minesweeper wherever a characters hurtbox is) So if you touch a mine, you're in for some major damage. I'm submitting Minesweeper as a stage because it's a classic game that many people know. And it would be a perfect home stage for Clippy if he gets in.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Stage:

Spirit Halloween

This stage layout would be a long singular pillar with an edge that drops off into an abyss with glowing eyes coming out of it.

The Platform looks like it's made of Plaster and Tile. and has the Spirit Logo printed onto it.

In the Background a random assortment of 5 display themes (CW: Spooky Imagery and Gore) would appear with racks of costumes separating each theme. The Animatronics in each theme would randomly animate.

The Background behind the display themes is just a spooky forest filled with pumpkins with a large full moon that Jack the Reaper (Spirits mascot) may appear in front of.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Stage: The Dread-Yacht (Skylanders)
1639191695497.png

The Dread-Yacht is Flynn's cursed ship used as the hub world for Giants and has reappearances in the series. Skylanders is a series I think should be in the game due to being the birth of toys-to-life but there are too many characters to pin down a definitive fighter so the ship will feature many skylanders so the series can get good representation.

The ship is extremely uneven (layout wise) and hazards come from the skylanders appearing (like the Pokemon in the Saffron City stage for Smash but the Skylanders have multiple entrances).

AlRex

Smash Lord
1639194195522.png

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
This would just be Pokefloats from Melee, but with various popular characters that have been balloons over the years, ranging from Snoopy, Bullwinkle, Kermit the Frog, Sonic, Goku, etc. and other ones who appeared in the game who haven't been balloons before.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Christmas music:

1. What's This? - The Nightmare Before Christmas
  2. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
  3. Grandpa's Gonna Sue the Pants Offa' Santa - Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
  4. Dahoo Dores - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Chuck Jones)
  5. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Chuck Jones)
  6. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Illumination)
  7. The Best Kid in the World - Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa
  8. Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Justin Bieber) - Arthur Christmas
  9. Santa Rap - Dexter's Laboratory
  10. Very First Christmas - SpongeBob SquarePants
  11. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
  12. Level 2 - Santa Claus Saves the Earth
  13. Level 3 - Santa Claus Saves the Earth
  14. Anti-Claus Comes Tonight! - Daze Before Christmas
  15. Crystalline Ice Cave - Daze Before Christmas
  16. Strange Magical Realm - Daze Before Christmas
  17. Last Christmas - Wham!
  18. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Meredith Wilson
  19. Magical Place - Toys R Us
  20. Holidays are Coming - Coca-Cola
And a Hannukah song as a treat
  1. Chanukah Song Part 3 (Radio Edit) - Eight Crazy Nights

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I added a few Santa costumes if you look at the doc in OP, but they're mostly themed after other holidays aside from Futurama's Robot Santa. If you have any ideas for more Santa costumes (or Goku or Darth Vader ones, even), go ahead with those, as well.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #16: The Home Depot
B0867492-4212-43CB-A21B-A9C1C6A97C3F.jpeg

For this stage, you fight in a massive Home Depot store. It’s a side scrolling stage, but you will be pulled back and fourth around the Home Depot. You start at the check out, then through a huge isle, and finally to the back of the store. When you reach the end, you will just be dragged backwards towards the check out and the cycle will just continue. For cameos, shoppers will occasionally stop to watch the fight with confused faces. For hazards, kids will occasionally ram shopping carts across the stage, hitting anyone that gets in their way.

Miscellaneous Stage:
NES MUSEUM (Duck Hunt, Mach Rider, ExciteBiker, Punch-Out!!! and Gyromite)

NES Museum is composite Stage containing 5 Iconic Nintendo's other games that were represented by Retro fighter or Spirit. There are 6 Games to choose which you want to Play.
List of Games as Stages:

- Duck Hunt: It acts same like in Smash, butnow Zapper appears and shoots down fighter by Occasion. The stage is 8-Bit, but Dog and Ducks are 3D like their Smash Design.
Input is ⬆↗↖⬇.
- Mach Rider: The stage takes place at Modern-Graphic Version of Mach Rider on Post-Apocalyptic USA-esque Desert and it acts like Pictochat's Road variant, but there are Quadrunners sprites as Hazards, who can bump during on Fight. Occasionally, Mach Rider in Sprite render will come to kill quadrunners and he goes away straight to Nowhere, continuing the Fight.
Input is ↖⬆↗➡.
- ExciteBike: Has the Same layout as Super Smash Bros. Crusade, but it's stylized as Mario Kart 8 version and there are Some stuff borrowed from NES ExciteBike like Road texture and sprites of Podium People. The Hazard are ExciteBikers, who act like ExciteBike Assist Trophy from Brawl.
Input is ➡↗↘➡.
- Punch-Out!!!: It's actually Boxing Ring from Real Smash, but the Hazard is King Hippo, who beats characters up with 8-bit sounds, but Little Mac comes straight at King Hippo, KOing him, saving the Fight.
Input is ⬆↙➡⬆⬆.
- Gyromite: It has same layout as Gyromite on NES, but the Background looks modern, but foreground is like on NES. The Hazards are Gyromite Enemies like Smick and Spike, which you can Kill Them. In Background, ROB (Modern Incarnation) and Professor Vector and Hector (Sprites) are spectating the Battle.
Input is ➡➡⬅⬆⬇↗.

I nominate NES Museum, because it could represent Nintendo's 80's Era, where Nintendo dominated the Video Game market with Games like Gyromite, Duck Hunt or even ExciteBike. It also has stuff that could bring nostalgia like Sprites on Stages or 8-Bit Variations, despite Modern Stuff like HD Background in Gyromite. It could representation of Other Nintendo Games, especially the 80's Ones like Duck Hunt or Gyromite.

Some new Mario/Nintendo Profiles:
1. Vivian (Paper Mario)
2. Akira Howard
3. Wii Fit Trainer
4. Ring Fit Trainer
5. Chibi-Robo
6. Marth (Fire Emblem)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
time to make fun of a whole demographic again

Job #17: Outback

1639251233671.png

G'day! Welcome to the great Australian Outback, one of the most famous and unique pieces of ecology on Earth. The stage is an uneven walkoff with many slopes and snags that's all surrounded by a billabong. Ecology lesson: it's the same thing as what us Americans would call an oxbow lake. The real gimmick of the stage is the thing that everyone associates with Australia, the wildlife. Periodically, dangerous creatures will join the fight and do no favors for Australia's reputation in the world by attempting to attack everyone on screen with bites and scratches. Kangaroos, crocodiles, giant spiders, snakes, drop bears, koalas, and more will do their best to make sure everyone leaves with some kind of poison in their system. It's all fair dinkum if the fighters are the ones who came out to the Outback in the first place.

Top Bottom