• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Konami vs Capcom: Concerto of Champions

Should our game be 3v3 or 2v2? Or something else?

• 3v3

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 2v2

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • screw it, we’re making this a 4v4 i guess

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
339B8228-1CC8-4835-B7BE-4642C56CAC52.png

So Capcom Vs. games have been a very popular subject for fan rosters ever since the concept of people making hypothetical fighting game rosters has been a thing, and it’s not hard to see why! Ever since Marvel vs Capcom, the Vs. series has garnered a huge following thanks to its fun gameplay and the sheer hype of seeing Capcom’s best square off against the icons of other companies. So far we’ve seen the titans of Capcom face off against Marvel, SNK, and Tatsunoko, so what’s next?

Well, I let the good denizens of Smashboards decide. And according to the popular vote, the next universe for Capcom to conquer will be none other than Konami! Both having a rich history of dominating the arcades, releasing many acclaimed franchises featuring some of gaming’s most beloved characters, and making some ass-backwards business decisions in modern times, these two perfectly compliment each other and feel like they were destined to cross paths. And now, we’re gonna make that crossover happen!

A few important things to note before we go any further:
  • Ryu and Solid Snake are added by default
  • This goes without saying, but characters must be owned by Konami and/or Capcom to be eligible. We’re not doing guest characters as of right now, and I’m not sure if that’s even in the cards for this project. If you’re not sure if either company owns a character or they fall into a weird grey spot, don’t be afraid to ask if they’re eligible.
  • This mostly goes for folks who might not be as familiar with one or both companies, but I implore you to take your time and do research on Konami and/or Capcom before submitting. Both companies have no shortage of fun, unique characters we can pull from, and I want people to use this as an opportunity to expand their knowledge of the companies involved. Part of the reason threads like Battle of AGES are so fun is because they allow people to flex their knowledge of a company’s library and sell people on cool concepts that they might not have considered otherwise. I wanna translate that same energy when it comes to Konami and Capcom’s catalog of characters. Submission periods will be longer than most creation threads to encourage this.
  • In compliance with this subforum’s “no copy-pasting” rule, any submissions that are copy-pasted from other sources will be ignored. Resubmitting other users submissions is fine as long as you’ve asked their permission beforehand. Otherwise, those submissions will also be disqualified. Repeated offenses will lead to all submissions from the offending user being ignored for the rest of the thread.
Here’s all the content we have so far:
Capcom side (13/26):
Character
Series

Ryu​
Street Fighter
Chun-Li.png

Chun-Li​
Street Fighter
Mega_Man_X_DiVE_Hunter_Program_Mega_Man.png

Mega Man​
Mega Man

Dante​
Devil May Cry
tessa-warzard-fix.png

Tessa​
Red Earth

Morrigan​
Darkstalkers

Sir Arthur​
Ghosts n' Goblins
Captain_Commando.png

Captain Commando​
Captain Commando
Trucy-AA5.png

Trucy Wright​
Ace Attorney

Asura​
Asura's Wrath

Leon Kennedy​
Resident Evil
ADimitrescuFull.png

Lady Dimitrescu​
Resident Evil
Haggar_MvC3_artwork.png

Mike Haggar​
Final Fight
Capcom Giants (1/2):
Character
Series
CyberbotsDevilotte.png

Princess Devilotte​
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Konami side (13/26):
Character
Series

Solid Snake​
Metal Gear
Mgs2raiden.png

Raiden​
Metal Gear
Bomber_Man_Generation.png

Bomberman​
Bomberman
DuK_w9cXQAYtGeG.png

Simon Belmont​
Castlevania

Alucard​
Castlevania
Goemon_render.png

Goemon​
Ganbare Goemon
ShioriF_by_Fel1230.png

Shiori Fujisaki​
Tokimeki Memorial

Bill Rizer​
Contra
Pastel_%26_WinBee_-_Mine_Yoshizaki_-_01.png

Pastel and WinBee​
TwinBee

Django​
Boktai
Gillian.png

Gillian Seed​
Snatcher

Hajima Busuzima​
Bloody Roar
Heather_Mason (1).png

Heather Mason​
Silent Hill
Konami Giants (1/2):
Character
Series

Vic Viper​
Gradius/Zone of the Enders
Capcom Side (7/?):
Stage Name
Series of Origin
Street Fighter
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Mega Man
Capcom Bowling

U.S.A.
Darkstalkers
Dead Rising
Devil May Cry

Konami Side (7/?):
Stage Name
Series of Origin
Bomberman
Boktai
Metal Gear
Snatcher
Tokimeki Memorial

Mars
Zone of the Enders
Castlevania

Capcom Side (4/?)
CharacterSeries

Guile
Street Fighter
Mega Man

V
Devil May Cry
Darkstalkers

Konami Side (4/?)
CharacterSeries
Metal Gear
Castlevania

Mujoe
Bomberman

Sasuke
Ganbare Goemon

• Game is a 3v3 fighter
  • Affinity mechanic
  • Rollback netcode
  • Figurines are the main collectable

Arcade mode
Training mode
Gallery
Missions
Character customization
Shoot-em-up minigame (unlocked by inputting the Konami Code)
Online matches

Capcom Side (1/2):
BossSeries of Origin
LuciferGnG.png

Lucifer (Main Boss)​
Ghosts n' Goblins
Konami Side (1/2):

Ryukotsuki (Main Boss)​
Getsu Fuma Den

Also come join the thread's Discord server, which mostly just serves as a chill place to discuss the project and all things Konami or Capcom. Anyway that’s all I got. Let’s see what we can come up with!
————————
Job #1: Submit a company for Capcom to cross over with

Before we get into the meat of this thread, we’ve first gotta figure out which universe the Capcom heroes are going to collide with this time. I mean that’s the whole gimmick of this thread, right? Our cast of characters, roster size, gameplay, story, basically everything about this game’s identity is going to hinge on who we end up basing this game around. The only stipulation here is that anything that has already been made into an official Capcom Vs. game (Marvel, SNK, Tatsunoko) is off the table. Nothing against them, I just wanna explore some new possibilities with this thread. Also 2/3 of those have threads already and I don’t wanna step on any toes. Shonen Jump is also off the table as it already has a recently completed creation thread and it’d be redundant to do it again so soon. Other than that, everything else is on the table! Any company, any medium, any country of origin. If you think their cast of characters has what it takes to stand toe to toe with Capcom’s best, put them forward! Do keep in mind that it’s a good idea to consider companies that have a rich catalog of memorable characters that would translate well into a Vs game and have a wide enough general appeal. I won’t stop you from submitting A24 vs Capcom or what have you, but the stronger a company’s library is, the more we’ll be able to work with. I’ll also suggest that you give examples of what IP your company owns in your submission post. Especially for companies that the Average Smashboards User might not be super familiar with, it’ll help give voters an idea of what they can expect and strengthen your case for that company.

Anyway that’s all I have for yall. Put forward a company you think should throw hands with Ryu, and whoever wins the heart of the public will be who we focus on for the rest of the thread. Submit away!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1

FE593E37-7B87-4F4D-AD99-A359C4B8A9E8.png

Square Enix

Square Enix are one of the most well-known Japanese video game developers. They own so many iconic IPs including Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Trials of Mana, etc. Basically they are known as one of the main JRPG developers. Some characters that can be used from the company are Cloud, Gex, Sora, Arusu, Neku, Lara Croft, etc. Lots of potential here.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #1: Microsoft

Microsoft is a tech company which importantly has Xbox and multiple IPs. There would be a lot of unique characters and I feel the casts would have great interactions.

Characters I feel that are standouts are Steve (nothing much in particular, but Steve would be both funny and genuinely cool, he'd kind of be Microsoft's equivalent to Phoenix Wright in this game), Blinx (I just think he'd have a fun moveset), Tracer (I need her and Felicia to interact), and more.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Capcom vs. Defunct

This would be a mega-composite of all the cheap-to-license game franchises from publishers and developers that have gone under or quit games - these characters don't have to be in the public domain, nor do they have to have not been in seen in action since their debut - but they do need to be out of the public eye and not representing any major companies anymore. (even if they are owned by them) for example, Mortal Kombat is a big IP for WB post-Midway so no Scorpion, but Square Enix haven't touched Gex since the buyout so we're fair game to Enter the Gecko. While Bubsy is still a big deal for Billionsoft/Tommo, Billionsoft/Tommo aren't a big deal overall so we can find out what could possibly go wrong.

(I can probably think of a backup if this is too broad)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
1646886333321.png

Hasbro is my personal pick. Yes, the famous toy company that has been around for generations. They have a wide variety of characters that are recognizable, odd and unique for a fighting game, or both. From Transformers to GI Joe to My Little Pony to Power Rangers to Dungeons & Dragons to even things like CLUE, Monopoly, or Mr. Potato Head, the potential is great for multiple reasons. One is that they actually have collaborated with CAPCOM a few times. CAPCOM has made GI Joe and D&D games, and Street Fighter has crossed over with GI Joe, Power Rangers, Transformers, and Magic the Gathering. Another reason is that Hasbro themselves kind of enjoy weird crossovers in general, both amongst themselves with GI Joe and Transformers being a consistent pairing, but also MLP and Transformers and Optimash Prime, the Transformers Potato Head, and with others, like Godzilla in Magic the Gathering, Marvel and Star Wars Transformers, or multiple other strange Potato Heads. There’s even a shared comic universe, and arguably, the 80’s cartoons themselves also share a universe. Regardless, the main reason I think this would be good is that CAPCOM hasn’t really done a VS game with cheesy Western cartoons (Hanna-Barbera would also be amazing), or toys, and I haven’t seen quite a lot of Hasbro in Creation Threads, either, at least compared to a lot of other themes or companies.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Capcom vs. Defunct

This would be a mega-composite of all the cheap-to-license game franchises from publishers and developers that have gone under or quit games - these characters don't have to be in the public domain, nor do they have to have not been in seen in action since their debut - but they do need to be out of the public eye and not representing any major companies anymore. (even if they are owned by them) for example, Mortal Kombat is a big IP for WB post-Midway so no Scorpion, but Square Enix haven't touched Gex since the buyout so we're fair game to Enter the Gecko. While Bubsy is still a big deal for Billionsoft/Tommo, Billionsoft/Tommo aren't a big deal overall so we can find out what could possibly go wrong.

(I can probably think of a backup if this is too broad)
Yeah I personally think this is a bit too broad for this project. I probably should’ve been more clear about this in the OP, but I’d rather we stick to one company so we can keep things somewhat cohesive. I really don’t wanna be Ms Buzzkill because this actually seems like a neat idea for a crossover on its own, but for a Capcom Vs. game I worry that it might become too unfocused.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Capcom Vs. Toei

Toei is a famous japanese entertainment company famous for their many anime adaptations and their original Tokusatsu shows like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.

Toei has a wide variety of franchises that it licenses and it's not just shonen jump, having access to everything Toei makes would provide a plethora of franchises from Dragon Ball and One Piece to Precure and Digimon

If this breaks the rules or is too broad I can submit another.

View attachment 347134
Hasbro is my personal pick. Yes, the famous toy company that has been around for generations. They have a wide variety of characters that are recognizable, odd and unique for a fighting game, or both. From Transformers to GI Joe to My Little Pony to Power Rangers to Dungeons & Dragons to even things like CLUE, Monopoly, or Mr. Potato Head, the potential is great for multiple reasons. One is that they actually have collaborated with CAPCOM a few times. CAPCOM has made GI Joe and D&D games, and Street Fighter has crossed over with GI Joe, Power Rangers, Transformers, and Magic the Gathering. Another reason is that Hasbro themselves kind of enjoy weird crossovers in general, both amongst themselves with GI Joe and Transformers being a consistent pairing, but also MLP and Transformers and Optimash Prime, the Transformers Potato Head, and with others, like Godzilla in Magic the Gathering, Marvel and Star Wars Transformers, or multiple other strange Potato Heads. There’s even a shared comic universe, and arguably, the 80’s cartoons themselves also share a universe. Regardless, the main reason I think this would be good is that CAPCOM hasn’t really done a VS game with cheesy Western cartoons (Hanna-Barbera would also be amazing), or toys, and I haven’t seen quite a lot of Hasbro in Creation Threads, either, at least compared to a lot of other themes or companies.
I was literally typing up a submission for this before I reloaded, LMAO.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I made this submission but now that I see it it could definitely be seen as too broad since it’s essentially a whole genre. If it is let me know and I can have it specified to horror from a specific company.

Capcom vs. Horror

One thing I noticed about previous capcom vs. games is that street fighter always seems to take the lead which is fine, and I do love the series, but wouldn’t it be cool if another series got to be mostly in the lead in terms of marketing? Like maybe their biggest series, Resident Evil? That’s how I got the idea for… Capcom Vs. Horror!

This game would cross over Capcom stars with some of the biggest names in the horror genre! Horror movie characters like Jason, Michael Myers, Pennywise and more could face off against some of some cool capcom characters! I imagine on the horror side we could even include some characters from non-capcom horror games like Silent Hill or FNAF and maybe even some Internet horror like SCP for a truly unique horror roster. It doesn’t even need to be a horror

On the capcom side, characters from series like RE, Darkstalkers, Dead Rising or DMC would likely take center stage but don’t I think it would be too jarring to have some more cartoony characters like Mega Man or Viewtiful Joe especially because mixing cartoony characters with horror has become pretty popular as of late. We could even have some stages from Capcom being overrun with monsters/taken over by horror characters

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah I personally think this is a bit too broad for this project. I probably should’ve been more clear about this in the OP, but I’d rather we stick to one company so we can keep things somewhat cohesive. I really don’t wanna be Ms Buzzkill because this actually seems like a neat idea for a crossover on its own, but for a Capcom Vs. game I worry that it might become too unfocused.
I feel my backup idea is also a little too broad, but not as much so:
Capcom vs. Licensees
Any franchise listed here other than the Vs. and X Capcom games are allowed - we're talking Jotaro, Goofy, Luigi, Smurfs, The Punisher, Buzz Lightyear, The Noid, Jack Skellington, Spawn, Shantae, Link, Professor Layton, Mr. Bill. Is anyone in this game's target audience even old enough to have been around for the nostalgic popularity of Mr. Bill, let alone initial? Because I sure wasn't and I'm HERE FOR IT.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I made this submission but now that I see it it could definitely be seen as too broad since it’s essentially a whole genre. If it is let me know and I can have it specified to horror from a specific company.

Capcom vs. Horror

One thing I noticed about previous capcom vs. games is that street fighter always seems to take the lead which is fine, and I do love the series, but wouldn’t it be cool if another series got to be mostly in the lead in terms of marketing? Like maybe their biggest series, Resident Evil? That’s how I got the idea for… Capcom Vs. Horror!

This game would cross over Capcom stars with some of the biggest names in the horror genre! Horror movie characters like Jason, Michael Myers, Pennywise and more could face off against some of some cool capcom characters! I imagine on the horror side we could even include some characters from non-capcom horror games like Silent Hill or FNAF and maybe even some Internet horror like SCP for a truly unique horror roster. It doesn’t even need to be a horror

On the capcom side, characters from series like RE, Darkstalkers, Dead Rising or DMC would likely take center stage but don’t I think it would be too jarring to have some more cartoony characters like Mega Man or Viewtiful Joe especially because mixing cartoony characters with horror has become pretty popular as of late. We could even have some stages from Capcom being overrun with monsters/taken over by horror characters
Actually on second thought, I’ll change this to Capcom Vs. (Warner Bros.) Horror

It took me a while to decide between this and Universal since they both have very strong horror lineups. WB has friday the 13th, the conjuring, nightmare on elm street, etc. but universal has all the classic monster movies, halloween, chucky, etc. In the end I went with WB because it has some cartoon characters with horror elements. Yes I am proposing scooby doo content could potentially get into this game. Same points I went over in my original post still apply.

Here's my take:
SEGA vs. Capcom

Well, since we had Sonic crossing over with Megaman, so why not do it again in form of game?
SEGA vs. Capcom game would be interesting, since we could see Ryu fighting Sonic on Green Hill or Akira duking out with Batsu on Segata's Dojo. Also there is a lot of potential I the series like we could see iconic places from Iconic and Obscure SEGA and Capcom games.
Also, since a lot of fans and people make their versions of "SEGA vs. Capcom" games, so why not we just make our version of it?

Also, I submitted SEGA, because Capcom and SEGA are buddies and they crossed over in Archie Comics. Nuff said.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #1:
gehsgsgs.png

I think there's a surprisingly high amount of potential here. Both developers have a wide variety of interesting and unusual series to take from - be it the struggle between humans and monsters in Darkstalkers and Castlevania, survival horror series like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, or even your funny little robot men in the form of Mega Man and Bomberman, I feel like the two companies work well together. Not only this, but it'd be a good way to really dive into Konami's catalogue - it's common for the VS games to show some of Capcom's more obscure characters, after all, so I think this would be a great opportunity to show off some of the more obscure parts of Konami history, like Goemon, Boktai, Rocket Knight and Twinbee - or hell, even tossing in a Yu-Gi-Oh rep if you really wanted to go crazy!

(Also they have the "blue vs red" mentality going on so like it's literally perfect.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Capcom vs DC
Capcom have already crossed over with one iconic American comic book company. It's time their biggest rival got a shot. Home to some of the biggest names in pop culture, like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

They have so many cool teams and series to pull from including their various villains, the Teen Titans, the Justice League, and many more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Screenshot_20220310-131956.png

Universal vs Capcom

Universal is one of the major Hollywood studios with a notable library of films and showsas well some theme parks to call their own.

Maybe a weird choice, but I think there's a lot to pull from here, including but not limited to Universal Monsters, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Fast and Furious, Despicable Me, and the DreamWorks Animation library, and I think most of em could compliment Capcoms IPs fairly well

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Capcom vs. Cartoon Network
EDDF1DFA-0329-4712-A5E9-F6530E4D1F24.jpeg

I don’t think Warner Bros has crossed over with a cartoon channel yet. Cartoon Network has many cartoon characters in all shapes and sizes with the potential for fun cartoony abilities. You have characters with experience for fighting like Samurai Jack, the Powerpuff Girls, and Ben 10. Along with those characters you wouldn’t expect to fight but could have a very fun and creative moveset like the Eds, Courage, and almost any imaginary friend from Foster’s.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to say we have at least a few Capcom vs Games based on what we have here. from what I can see. Otherwise, I would of down Shonen Jump but I know that we have that game already.

HERE WE GO!!!!

CAPCOM VS ARCSYS

1646941507529.png
1646941507529.png
1646941507529.png
1646941507529.png
1646941507529.png

ArcSys is one of the most important fighting game producers/developers in recent memory with tons of content but not limited to other franchises like River City Random. Making a fighting game between pioneers in the fighting genre is a MUST MUST MUST! This would bring the popular crossover characters with a few hidden gems from Capcom and important and popular characters from ArcSys library. I do feel we will get a lot of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear but that's fine.

BUT WAIT!

ArcSys is known from creating fighting games based on popular franchises such as Dragon Ball FighterZ, Gran Blue Versus, DnF Duel, and more! So not only could we theoretically include ArcSys characters, we could get RWBY, DnF, GranBlue, Senran, and more by association!

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Just gotta say, yall are killing it with the submissions! We got a lot of obvious ones that just make sense, along with some really fun creative choices that I wouldn’t have landed on myself. Figure I might as well throw my hat into the ring with a submission of my own. This name might not be super familiar to any non-anime fans participating in this thread, but hear me out...

Job #1: BONES vs Capcom

EAF5F0D2-4542-49CF-8DD5-B471D550D3ED.jpeg

Okay, I’m aware that not everyone here is enough of a weeb to know who these guys are, so I’ll give yall a quick rundown. They’re an anime studio that was formed in 1998 by former staff members of Sunrise, another prolific anime studio responsible for works such as the Gundam franchise, Cowboy Bebop, and many others. If you have even a passing interest in anime, chances are you’ve at least heard of one of their shows. They’ve worked on adaptations of popular manga such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Mob Psycho 100, Noragami, Ouran High School Host Club, Bungou Stray Dogs, and of course, My Hero Academia. They also have their fair share of cool original projects as well such as Eureka 7, Wolf’s Rain, Sk8 the Infinity, Space Dandy, and more. Since BONES is mostly known for producing action shows that ooze style, they have no shortage of fun, flashy characters who could match the energy of a Capcom Vs. game. That’s not to say they’re limited to just action, as Sk8 and Ouran could have some neat unconventional pulls. I think BONES would work because they have enough familiar faces that the average joe anime fan can recognize, but just as many cool deeper cuts that would captivate players and get them curious about their other properties.

So yeah, BONES is pretty cool. By my own admission I’m aware that they’re pretty niche compared to other submissions, but I at least wanna throw the idea out there.

Also just a heads up, submissions will be open for another six hours. Make sure you get your ideas in before then!

Baysha

Smash Ace
View attachment 347129
End post.
I'm actually kind of serious about this. I'll make a more detailed writeup soon.
Well, as seen before. This isn't just Kellogg's, but I just wanted to use that image. (Which was actually made by a former Capcom employee) This is technically a 3-way crossover with Capcom, Kellogg's, and General Mills. You might think this idea is too ridiculous to work, but cereal mascots actually have quite a lot of potential. You've got a variety of recognizable characters beloved by many. Plus, there's more moveset potential than you'd probably think. You have big and strong with Tony the Tiger, a meticulous trapper with the Trix Rabbit, and fast strikes with Lucky. With this, we'd probably get a smaller, but more fun fighter than most other options.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Alllllright, I think it’s time to bring company submissions to a close. Let’s take a look at who our lucky candidates are:

What a stacked lineup! We have so many worlds dense with skilled combatants, but only one will have the honor of going toe to toe with the warriors of Capcom. As per usual with these kinds of creation threads, we’ll be doing ranked voting. Because of how many submissions we got, I’m gonna ask you all to vote for your top 5 favorite picks! You can only put your own submission in last place. Once we figure out who the subject of our new Vs. game is, we can start fleshing this thing out.

1. Konami
2. Bamco
3. WB Horror
4. Toei
5. Squeenix

Also wanna give a shoutout to Universal if only because I think the idea of the Darkstalkers cast getting to meet the Universal monsters would be super fun, and Cartoon Network which only just barely didn’t make it on. Also I respect the audacity of Kellogg’s Vs Capcom being put forward as a semi-serious submission.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Hasbro
2. Square
3. Arc System Works
4. Konami
5. Bamco

Shout outs to SEGA, Bones, Kellogg and WB Horror

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Licensed
2. Kellogg’s & General Mills
3. Universal
4. WB Horror
5. Hasbro

Konami and CN just narrowly missed it out of all the slightly more conventional ones.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Square Enix (To be perfectly honest I always wanted a Square fighting game, yet I never feel I was qualified enough to do a creation thread)
2. WB Horror (Would be interesting to focus on Resident Evil)
3. Konami (While DBD admittedly help numb the pain, I still really want to see a true Silent Hill x Resident Evil crossover. So let's puts them in another crossover as side characters before they get overshadowed when new DLC arrives)
4. Kellogg's & General Mills (Admittedly lower because I feel it's a bit, idk how else to phrase it, "wrong and weird" that they are 2 companies, but I like the idea enough to at least give it 4th)
5. Hasbro (To be honest a main reason I'm voting this is because I love Them's Fightin' Herds and the fighters were based off characters from MLP, so it'd be cool to hopefully be able to play Arizona in a game people care about for once:4dk:)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Universal. (I know it feels... weird, somehow. The thing is, Universal just has so many genuinely genius characters to use for this sort of thing, it'd be ridiculous not to use them. I mean, a roster consisting of Marty McFly, King Kong, Mr. Bean and Gru is just such a bat**** insane but brilliant vision, I'd adore seeing it.)
2. DC. (Whilst I know there's already the Injustice titles and all that, I think it would be really cool to see a roster stylised after Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, with some weirder, more obscure picks. You'd obviously get your big picks like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern - but it'd be nice to see weirder, slightly less "ordinary" picks like Booster Gold, Firestorm and The Question here too.)
3. Square Enix. (The only potential problem I could see with Square getting in is the potential for nearly every character to look similar... at least, on first glance. As long as characters with similar archetypes are made unique in their own ways - like with perhaps Crono using his various party members for more powerful attacks, or an entire party of FFI characters being in a single slot - I think that Square has enough cool and unique picks to make a really cool roster.)
4. Cartoon Network. (I feel like you could pull something similar to the DC situation here. There's some characters you just need to see in here - y'know, Ben 10, Finn and Jake, Steven Universe - but it'd be so cool to see weirder, more interesting picks. If CN gets in, I will die on the hill of getting Rex Salazar and Space Ghost in this game, I swear.)
5. Konami. (I feel like I covered a lot of my points on why Konami works here in my original post, but I feel like Konami is an interesting specific "niche" that's not really been covered yet in a lot of other creation threads here on SmashBoards.)

Massive shoutout goes to SEGA here, but they have like three creation threads already. Let someone else get a slice of the pie!
(Jokes aside, SEGA vs Capcom would be amazing, but I think this is a really nice opportunity to delve into something unique!)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
  1. Konami (we already have so many SEGA threads in there - also, think about all of these possibilities on potential characters and rosters below, with Injustice-like premier skins such as Richter, Lance, Light/TwinBee, Akane and Axel Gear for Simon, Bill, Pastel/WinBee, Hikaru and Sparkster respectively. KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 said that it would be a really solid way to represent more characters overall)
  2. Arc System Works (River City/Rival Schools, Double Dragon/Final Fight, Exector/Mega Man X, etc. besides fighting IPs - also, Sammy vs. Capcom almost became a thing, back when a former owned Guilty Gear and before they merged with SEGA)
  3. Microsoft
  4. DC Comics
  5. Bandai-Namco

Last edited:
Top Bottom