• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
SANDY CLAWS (couldn't think of an alt name so it's just all caps)

An original alt, and a reference to Jack's mispronunciation (since the movie does incite some lobster imagery, I figured it should be okay).
Ref image from AdventureQuest

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Jack face wheels
  2. Man Eating Wreath Wheels
  3. Christmastown Clock Wheels = 2
  4. Oogie Boogie Bug Wheels = 3
  5. Spider Snowflake Wheels = 6
  6. Spiral Hill Wheels = 7
  7. Moon Shadow Wheels = 8
  8. Countdown Clock Wheels = 9
The wheels will be the Halloweentown Countdown Clock; Oogie's Moon Shadow, and a Spiral Hill wheel.

View attachment 365556
Santa Jack

View attachment 365558
Christmas Sally

View attachment 365557
Suit Oogie

View attachment 365559
View attachment 365560
View attachment 365561
Trick or Treat Lock, Shock and Barrel (Lock is a vampire, Shock is a cat, Barrel is a ghost)
  1. Countdown Clock
  2. Moon Shadow
  3. Spider Snowflake
  4. Bug Wheels
Jack Skellington: The Holiday Inventor (Mirrorverse)
View attachment 365563

Oogie Boogie: Dicey Heavy Hitter (Mirrorverse)

View attachment 365562

Sally: Black and White (Concept Art)
View attachment 365564
Jack - Pumpkin King

Sandy Claws - Halloween Sandy Claws (Resembers Sora's outfit with the mask)

Mayor - Sugar Skull Mayor (Loosely esembles the Blacklit Mayor Funko Pop)
SANDY CLAWS (couldn't think of an alt name so it's just all caps)

An original alt, and a reference to Jack's mispronunciation (since the movie does incite some lobster imagery, I figured it should be okay).
Ref image from AdventureQuest
Jack
  1. Santa Jack
  2. Holiday Inventor
  3. Pumpkin King
Sally
  1. Christmas
  2. Concept Art
Oogie Boogie
  1. Suit
  2. Dicey Heavyhitter
Sandy Claws
  1. Lobster Sandy Claws
  2. Halloween Sandy Claws
Lock, Shock, and Barrel's skins will be trick or treat by default, as will Sugar Skull Mayor

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a "present" franchise!

OK, this may sound a little vague so I'll give a rundown. A "present" franchise would be a franchise based on something you'd recieve as a present - this can be...
  • A franchise about toys (Such as Toy Story, The Lego Movie, or Child's Play)
  • A franchise known for and/or driven by toys (Such as Barbie, He-Man, or Ninja Turtles)
  • A franchise about candy (Such as Willy Wonka, Wreck-It Ralph, or Gummibar)
  • A franchise that is candy (Such as Haribo, Cadbury, or Mars)
Simply having a toy or candy themed character isn't really enough, (though I will allow Wreck-It Ralph given how much focus Sugar Rush gets) and being a merchandising giant also isn't enough, it should either be a toy franchise specifically or a franchise that is heavily driven by its toyline. (Think 80s cartoons)

GI Joe
1672050517252.png
GI Joe is a toyline franchise created by Donald Levine in 1962 and released by Hasbro. The GI Joe toyline has militaristic theme, which it meant to appeal to boys like Barbie appeals to girls. The franchise even coined the "action figure" term, which it became a common word for figurine toys in popular culture.

GI Joe is one of popular toyline franchises and it was referenced in many shows like Rocko's modern life, Family Guy and more. Plus we don't have any hasbro characters in, so GI Joe would be probably first franchise to be in the game.

Racers:
  • Snake Eyes (The most popular character)
  • Scarlett (the female rep)
  • Cobra Commander (the villain character)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Resubmitting Disney Princess. While they do produce some non-toy products, like makeup and decor, a vast majority of this merchandise brand is dedicated to dolls, Lego sets, action figures, and even apparel, which I would count as something you would recieve as a present.

Disney Princess is a media franchise basically consisting of merchandise, spin-offs, etc. based on Disney's most popular heroines. This doesn't actually include all of their princesses - Elsa, Anna, Megara and Venelope are notable exclusions. Maybe if this wins, we might vote some of them in down the line?
The first three characters would be Snow White, Jasmine, and Rapunzel.

FazDude

Smash Master
Toy Franchise: Skylanders (Trigger Happy, Stealth Elf, Kaos)

Okay, this one might be stretching the prompt a little too much, so saul good if it gets vetoed, but seeing how one of the key aspects of Skylanders is buying more toys, I feel it makes sense and is a reasonable deviation at worst.

(Quick side-note: I'm 100% okay with disallowing Spyro-originated content from this franchise, since most folks would probably want to see a Spyro-specific season.)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Toy Franchise:

LEGO

LEGO_logo.svg.png

I know this may be disqualified due to how BIG Lego is as a brand and all the different lines they have as well as the fact there's a submission for The LEGO Movie. But, I feel this toy brand is super worthy of getting a season in Drifting Dimensions based on the LEGO toys themselves. Loads of racer, vehicle and track potential. This season would only focus on original LEGO characters and not licensed lines they have like LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Marvel Super Hereos, etc.

Racers:

Police Officer Minifigure (first figure LEGO ever made)

61nsxG5L7OL.jpg

LEGO Family (5 in 1 racer)

Lego-Family.jpg

Space Astronaut (similar to the one in the LEGO movie, the classic minifigure)

lego-blue-classic-space-astronaut-minifigure-24.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Toy Franchise:

LEGO

View attachment 365613

I know this may be disqualified due to how BIG Lego is as a brand and all the different lines they have as well as the fact there's a submission for The LEGO Movie. But, I feel this toy brand is super worthy of getting a season in Drifting Dimensions based on the LEGO toys themselves. Loads of racer, vehicle and track potential. This season would only focus on original LEGO characters and not licensed lines they have like LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Marvel Super Hereos, etc.

Racers:

View attachment 365614

View attachment 365615

MK (main character of one of LEGO's newer lines, Monkie Kid)

View attachment 365616
I will allow this, but I think Monkie Kid should be saved for his own franchise

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1672080913160.jpeg

A franchise built around a toy line fits right into this prompt. The three starter characters would be Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream.

If this franchise wins, however, I’d like to suggest a unique bonus feature for these characters, which could also hypothetically be added to other characters as well down the line if it makes sense. Alongside the ability to naturally drive any vehicle in the game, Transformers would also have the option to transform and drive themselves! Optimus would of course drive as his iconic trailer truck form which would function as a large kart, Megatron will follow up with modern interpretations and transform into a tank which functions as a kart, and Starscream will transform into a jet that functions as a wheelless kart.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Optimus would of course drive as his iconic trailer truck form, which would function as a large kart that actually handles very well (referencing how he can keep up with literal race car transformers), Megatron will follow up with modern interpretations and transform into a tank, which functions as a heavy kart, and Starscream will transform into a jet that functions as a wheelless kart.
This should be fine, but please note that karts and characters don't have unique stats, the game uses engine swapping

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sandy's alt will be Halloween, Oogie's alt will be his Mirrorverse incarnation, Sally's will be her Christmas outfit, and Jack's will be his Santa outfit

Franchise: Disney Princess

Disney Princess is a media franchise basically consisting of merchandise, spin-offs, etc. based on Disney's most popular heroines. This doesn't actually include all of their princesses - Elsa, Anna, Megara and Venelope are notable exclusions. Maybe if this wins, we might vote some of them in down the line?

The first three characters for Disney Princess would be Ariel, Jasmine, and Rapunzel.

Title: Drifting Dimensions
Barbie - Barbie and Ken, Skipper, Nikki

Given how big outfits are to this franchise, we may do votes to decide each character's default outfit as well as their alt
Toy Story
View attachment 365602

Racers - Woody, Buzz, and Jessie
GI Joe is a toyline franchise created by Donald Levine in 1962 and released by Hasbro. The GI Joe toyline has militaristic theme, which it meant to appeal to boys like Barbie appeals to girls. The franchise even coined the "action figure" term, which it became a common word for figurine toys in popular culture.

GI Joe is one of popular toyline franchises and it was referenced in many shows like Rocko's modern life, Family Guy and more. Plus we don't have any hasbro characters in, so GI Joe would be probably first franchise to be in the game.

Racers:
  • Snake Eyes (The most popular character)
  • Scarlett (the female rep)
  • Cobra Commander (the villain character)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Turtles, Shredder, April O'Neil
TMNT works weirdly well for this genre. A ton of popular characters, skin potential, and the toylines and multiple versions means we actually have a ton of vehicles to pick from.
The Lego Movie

View attachment 365612

Characters: Emmet,Wildstyle and Unikitty
Toy Franchise: Skylanders (Trigger Happy, Stealth Elf, Kaos)

Okay, this one might be stretching the prompt a little too much, so saul good if it gets vetoed, but seeing how one of the key aspects of Skylanders is buying more toys, I feel it makes sense and is a reasonable deviation at worst.

(Quick side-note: I'm 100% okay with disallowing Spyro-originated content from this franchise, since most folks would probably want to see a Spyro-specific season.)
Toy Franchise:

LEGO

View attachment 365613

Racers:

View attachment 365614

View attachment 365615

Space Astronaut (similar to the one in the LEGO movie, the classic minifigure)

View attachment 365648
View attachment 365623
A franchise built around a toy line fits right into this prompt. The three starter characters would be Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream.

If this franchise wins, however, I’d like to suggest a unique bonus feature for these characters, which could also hypothetically be added to other characters as well down the line if it makes sense. Alongside the ability to naturally drive any vehicle in the game, Transformers would also have the option to transform and drive themselves! Optimus would of course drive as his iconic trailer truck form which would function as a large kart, Megatron will follow up with modern interpretations and transform into a tank which functions as a kart, and Starscream will transform into a jet that functions as a wheelless kart.
Power Rangers

A juggernaut of 90s merchandising

Characters
Tommy Oliver, Lord Zedd, Zayto
Charlie/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
See the source image

Would require a bit of imagination for the vehicles but I think it could work and the items and tracks have a lot of potential. Characters are Charlie, Willy Wonka, and Oompa Loompas (2 in one kart) and they would use the 1971 movie designs
  1. Willy Wonka
  2. Power Rangers
  3. Transformers
  4. Lego (Generic)
  5. Skylanders
  6. The Lego Movie
  7. TMNT
  8. GI Joe
  9. Toy Story
  10. Barbie
  11. Disney Princess
Please vote for your top 6
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 2
  5. 1
  6. 1
Please specify which version of Lego you're voting for if you do.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a racers-only franchise that wouldn't be recognisable to Americans!

Inspired by certain Fortnite collabs, we'll be submitting a mini-franchise that doesn't have any appeal to our (presumably) biggest audience of Americans. These selections can be known only to their country of origin, or a worldwide hit that just so happened to evade the US. There's a lot of potential anime and comic book picks here!

Please include the 3 racers, an image, and the items.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Beano - Dennis the Menace, Minnie the Minx, Plug (he's too much of a chad to be stuck as part of a team with his classmates)

An anthology comic that holds a lot of nostalgia to multiple generations of Brits, having gone on since the late 30s, known for it's stories of crafty troublemaking children - to non-Brits it's likely best known for the inexplicable coincidence of its Dennis the Menace character debuting the same day as the American Dennis the Menacs character.

1. Billy Whiz's shoes - Oil Tank
  2. Whoopee Cushion - Tacks
  3. Stink Bomb - Flame Power
  4. Exploding Tomato - Exploding Traffic Light
  5. Custard Pie - - Homing Missile
  6. Desperate Dan's Cow Pie - Dummy Wheel (this is from it's sister comic, the Dandy, but they share a universe and I really can't imagine submitting the Dandy for anything so whatever)
  7. Gnasher - Speed Bomb
  8. Pea Shooter - Ice Crystal
  9. Flying Beano Comics - Force Field

1. Toy Story
  2. TMNT
  3. Barbie
  4. Transformers
  5. Disney Princess
  6. Lego Movie

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Beano - Dennis the Menace, Minnie the Minx, Plug (he's too much of a chad to be stuck as part of a team with his classmates)

An anthology comic that holds a lot of nostalgia to multiple generations of Brits, having gone on since the late 30s, known for it's stories of crafty troublemaking children - to non-Brits it's likely best known for the inexplicable coincidence of its Dennis the Menace character debuting the same day as the American Dennis the Menacs character.

6. Desperate Dan's Cow Pie - Dummy Wheel (this is from it's sister comic, the Dandy, but they share a universe and I really can't imagine submitting the Dandy for anything so whatever)
  7. Gnasher - Speed Bomb

1. Toy Story
  2. TMNT
  3. Barbie
  4. Transformers
  5. Disney Princess
  6. Lego Movie
Omg I remember watched the animated series long time ago, great memories.

So, Gnasher is an item? I would have him with Dennis as a duo racer since they're together with each other a lot, but I'm alright with it.

D

Deleted member

1. Lego (Generic)
2. Transformers
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
4. Toy Story
5. Barbie
6. Willy Wonka

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Transformers
2. TMNT
3. Barbie
4. Lego (Generic)
5. Willy Wonka
6. Power Rangers

Racers-only Franchise:

Jollibee

Jollibee party package - Jollibee mascots.jpg

I know one of our mini-seasons did have a restaurant franchise but this is the perfect contrast to the Chuck E. Cheese season that I previosuly submitted with Jollibee being more of a fast food joint from the Phillipines. The restaurant just so happens to also have an iconic cast of characters known to Filipinos as well as even recieving a TV show called Jollitown there that ran for five seasons. It's since then became a worldwide phenomenon with Jollibee having 2 restaurants where I live in the United States.

Racers:

Jollibee (the main mascot who represents a chef/Filipino cuisine), Hetty (the cheerleader girl, represents the famous spaghetti dish there) and Popo (he's the dude on the far right of the photo here, he represents French Fries)

Items:

1. Oil Tank: Chickenjoy
  2. Tacks: Side of Rice
  3. Flame Power: Fiesta Noodles
  4. Exploding Traffic Light: Adobo Rice
  5. Homing Missile: Yumburger
  6. Dummy Wheel: Burgersteak
  7. Speed Bomb: Peach Mango Pie
  8. Ice Crystal: Halo Halo Ice Cream
  9. Force Field: Gravy Sauce
Basically, all the items are based off of the food there. Plus, another crossover with another creation thread I'm running.

It was tricky to think of a franchise that would be unfamilar to Americans that would be only limited to just racers and items but I feel Jollibee was the best choice. I was gonna go with something like Sooty (the bear puppet from the UK) but I know more about Jollibee than Sooty anyway. Plus,this will be our first franchise that is not from the US, UK or Japan if I'm not mistaken so more countries on the board.

D

Deleted member

m3xgF9JiTlfN1rO9hcvTd4PTIQy.jpg

this image has no right to go so hard
The Adventures of Tintin
Characters: Tintin, Captian Haddock, Thomson and Thompson
Belgian cartoonist Hergé's stories of a reporter and his dog who go on adventures with their captain friend. The seires started in the 1920s and has had many stories and adaptions. It came down to this or Asterix & Obelix and I'm just way mote familiar with Tintin. I used to have all the books. Tintin does have some presence in the USA but iirc the CGI film did pretty badly over there due to Tintin not being that popular there. Truth be told you could maybe do a full season, but I doubt Tintin would have enough pull for that and it's a series that means a lot to me.

Items:
Phostlite - Oil Tank
Formula 14 - Tacks
Snowy - Homing Missile
Heart of the Jungle - Flame Power
Dynamite - Speed Bomb
Unicorn Model - Dummy Wheel
Trick Camera - Exploding Traffic Light
Rajaijah Juice Dart - Ice Crystal
Ottokar's Sceptre - Force Field

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Disney Princess
Transformers
LEGO Movie
Barbie
Power Rangers
Toy Story

I was gonna submit Kamen Rider but Kamen Rider without at least 1 of their bikes would be doing the series a disservice

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oshiri Tantei

yes, the peak of Japanese children consumer tv. OshirI is butt, tantei is a detective. He is the butt detective but he does not investigate butts. He searches for crimes that makes those committed by Team Rocket look like murders. Such crimes includes missing items, a crying child and who caused it, and a case of a bewildered furry and why they are bewildered. Potential racers includes that really small dog sidekick, the even smaller white dog, that Karen cat, and the three Men in Black knockoffs. There’s a wiki or something out there for sure with this info. Oh, and yeah, Oshiri-tantei’s special attack is a super smell WarioWaff and his jiggle physics. Huge jiggle physics.

Racers:

Oshiri Tantei
Brown (the dog)
Kaitou U (main villain)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

7. Gnasher - Speed Bomb

1. Toy Story
  2. TMNT
  3. Barbie
  4. Transformers
  5. Disney Princess
  6. Lego Movie
1. Transformers
2. TMNT
3. Barbie
4. Lego (Generic)
5. Willy Wonka
6. Power Rangers

Racers-only Franchise:

Jollibee

View attachment 365667

I know one of our mini-seasons did have a restaurant franchise but this is the perfect contrast to the Chuck E. Cheese season that I previosuly submitted with Jollibee being more of a fast food joint from the Phillipines. The restaurant just so happens to also have an iconic cast of characters known to Filipinos as well as even recieving a TV show called Jollitown there that ran for five seasons. It's since then became a worldwide phenomenon with Jollibee having 2 restaurants where I live in the United States.

Racers:

Jollibee (the main mascot who represents a chef/Filipino cuisine), Hetty (the cheerleader girl, represents the famous spaghetti dish there) and Popo (he's the dude on the far right of the photo here, he represents French Fries)

Items:

1. Oil Tank: Chickenjoy
  2. Tacks: Side of Rice
  3. Flame Power: Fiesta Noodles
  4. Exploding Traffic Light: Adobo Rice
  5. Homing Missile: Yumburger
  6. Dummy Wheel: Burgersteak
  7. Speed Bomb: Peach Mango Pie
  8. Ice Crystal: Halo Halo Ice Cream
  9. Force Field: Gravy Sauce
Basically, all the items are based off of the food there. Plus, another crossover with another creation thread I'm running.

It was tricky to think of a franchise that would be unfamilar to Americans that would be only limited to just racers and items but I feel Jollibee was the best choice. I was gonna go with something like Sooty (the bear puppet from the UK) but I know more about Jollibee than Sooty anyway. Plus,this will be our first franchise that is not from the US, UK or Japan if I'm not mistaken so more countries on the board.
View attachment 365668
this image has no right to go so hard
The Adventures of Tintin
Characters: Tintin, Captian Haddock, Thomson and Thompson
Belgian cartoonist Hergé's stories of a reporter and his dog who go on adventures with their captain friend. The seires started in the 1920s and has had many stories and adaptions. It came down to this or Asterix & Obelix and I'm just way mote familiar with Tintin. I used to have all the books. Tintin does have some presence in the USA but iirc the CGI film did pretty badly over there due to Tintin not being that popular there. Truth be told you could maybe do a full season, but I doubt Tintin would have enough pull for that and it's a series that means a lot to me.

Items:
Phostlite - Oil Tank
Formula 14 - Tacks
Snowy - Homing Missile
Heart of the Jungle - Flame Power
Dynamite - Speed Bomb
Trick Camera - Exploding Traffic Light
Rajaijah Juice Dart - Ice Crystal
Ottokar's Sceptre - Force Field
Oshiri Tantei

yes, the peak of Japanese children consumer tv. OshirI is butt, tantei is a detective. He is the butt detective but he does not investigate butts. He searches for crimes that makes those committed by Team Rocket look like murders. Such crimes includes missing items, a crying child and who caused it, and a case of a bewildered furry and why they are bewildered. Potential racers includes that really small dog sidekick, the even smaller white dog, that Karen cat, and the three Men in Black knockoffs. There’s a wiki or something out there for sure with this info. Oh, and yeah, Oshiri-tantei’s special attack is a super smell WarioWaff and his jiggle physics. Huge jiggle physics.
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom You'll need to submit all 3 racers and the items, as this is a mini franchise.
  1. Oshiri Tantei
  2. Adventures of Tintin
  3. Jollibee
  4. The Beano
Please vote for your top 2
  1. 2
  2. 1

1. Skylanders = 5
  2. The Lego Movie = 6
  3. Disney Princess = 7
  4. Willy Wonka = 7
  5. GI Joe = 7
  6. Power Rangers = 8
  7. Toy Story = 11
  8. Lego (Generic) = 12
  9. Barbie = 16
  10. Transformers = 20
  11. TMNT = 22

Cowabunga! Our next "present" franchise will the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

@Darkonedagger is the sewer squad's pit stop manager - the first 3 racers will be a turtle team, Shredder, and April O'Neil, using their 80s designs by default. Let's kick some shell!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 new TMNT racers!

These can be from any incarnation. I will allow all alternate Aprils and the Rise versions of each character to be seperate, but otherwise alternate turtles and Shredders will have to be saved for skins. Please include an image, which image you submit will be made their default incarnation.

Top Bottom