• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What's in that game (Smash Ultimate) that makes everybody and their grandma's want to waste 65 or more dollars just to play something that has you doing the same thing over and over with nothing else to do whatsoever (With so many character's all rehashing one another's movesets and so many fan favorites fighter's being given the middle finger)?????

Is it mind manipulation or subliminal messaging that Nintendo is known for that's compelling you all to go out of your ways to purchase this one small game (I have to know as to why no one is listening to my warnings)?????????
Because you literally post the same sentiment over and over again with either incorrect information or a billion punctuation marks.........................................

You're allowed to dislike this game, you're not going to get banned for having an unpopular opinion, but it gets kind of annoying when you repeat your opinion over and over again in each post with different phrasing.

So I ask you again: Do you have anything positive to say about this game?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
At this least, I feel like we are messing with our resident troll Dylan as he gets more ridiculous with those claims on why we shouldn't buy ultimate

and that's funny sight to see here.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
But that's just your opinion... I personally, think that a lot of time, effort, care, passion, and love was put into this game... The fact that they decided to bring everybody back with no cuts on top of a couple new characters already make this game truly special for me...
For your own sake, I would recommend you just go to his page and hit "ignore".

D

Deleted member

You've probably seen one of my complaints on a Youtube Smash Ultimate reaction video or one of my rants on a DeviantArt plant picture!!!

Also! My reaction to that stupid plant was me being being pissed off as all Hell to say the least!!!!!!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats!!!!!! kind of entitled!!!! of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to be pissed off!!!!!! at a fictional plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a video game that you do not have to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I use enough exclamation points?!?!?!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
What's in that game (Smash Ultimate) that makes everybody and their grandma's want to waste 65 or more dollars just to play something that has you doing the same thing over and over with nothing else to do whatsoever (With so many character's all rehashing one another's movesets and so many fan favorites fighter's being given the middle finger)?????

Is it mind manipulation or subliminal messaging that Nintendo is known for that's compelling you all to go out of your ways to purchase this one small game (I have to know as to why no one is listening to my warnings)?????????
I have :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultrichter::ultpiranha::ultduckhunt:

I also am excited for playing World of Light.

And I am going to be thrilled trying out the new battle features. Stock Stamina matches, Stage Transtition and Final Smash Bar.

D

Deleted member

tbh all I really need in this game is Shulk and Link and I'll buy it like the sheeple I am

i need my twink nintendo boys leave me alone

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I have :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultrichter::ultpiranha::ultduckhunt:

I also am excited for playing World of Light.

And I am going to be thrilled trying out the new battle features. Stock Stamina matches, Stage Transtition and Final Smash Bar.
I can't wait for WoL, it's gonna be so good!
I can't wait to all bosses that WoL have! Am I only one excited to see more bosses?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Because you literally post the same sentiment over and over again with either incorrect information or a billion punctuation marks.........................................

You're allowed to dislike this game, you're not going to get banned for having an unpopular opinion, but it gets kind of annoying when you repeat your opinion over and over again in each post with different phrasing.

He's like Crazy Hand 2001 all over again... Lord help me.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

To answer your question at the bottom! I don't have anything positive to say about this game at all (Was looking forward to the game with blind optimism until Sakurai's last presentation took my hype for everything and broke it over his knee's like Bane breaking the back's of 20 different Bruce Wayne's)!

Unless Sora from Kingdom Hearts is included as DLC or they have 1 Trillion dollars to offer me for having sat down for 5 hours to play the enitre thing!!!!

Count me out!!!!!!

Troykv

Smash Master
To answer your question at the bottom! I don't have anything positive to say about this game at all (Was looking forward to the game with blind optimism until Sakurai's last presentation took my hype for everything and broke it over his knee's like Bane breaking the back's of 20 different Bruce Wayne's)!

Unless Sora from Kingdom Hearts is included as DLC or they have 1 Trillion dollars to offer me for having sat down for 5 hours to play the enitre thing!!!!

Count me out!!!!!!
Are you dissapointed about a AT being disconfirmed?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how the **** are you guys still taking john seriously

if i could catch onto the ****post it shouldnt take long for you to, either

NineS

Smash Lord

Count me out!!!!!!
Weren't you banned for a bit or something a while back?
It seems kind of petty to be mad at Sakurai because you set your expectations up a little too high.
Why are we here?
2B or not 2B, that is the question.
The answer? Well, I don't know it myself but I sure hope it's 2B.
d78.gif

I mean, hey, why not? She works in Soulcalibur, She'd probably work in Street Fighter as shown in the GIF above. Now I'd like Sakurai to show people how good she'd work in Smash.

Troykv

Smash Master
how the **** are you guys still taking john seriously

if i could catch onto the ****post it shouldnt take long for you to, either
I just want to provoke him a bit before ignore him

Why are you purple BTW?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It seems kind of petty to be mad at Sakurai because you set your expectations up a little too high.

View attachment 178398
I mean, hey, why not? She works in Soulcalibur, She'd probably work in Street Fighter as shown in the GIF above. Now I'd like Sakurai to show people how good she'd work in Smash.
If she gets in her butt needs to be perfect

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I CANT BELIEVE SHEEPLE ARE STILL GOING TO BUY THIS MEDIOCRE GAME GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Count me out!!!!!!
Quick random question that I'm curious about...

If you hate Ultimate so much, why are you on it's general discussion thread?

You can always post your personal thoughts on your profile or something
No need to drag people like us into it...

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Count me out!!!!!!
Are you getting ridiculous here? I just laughed when I read "they have 1 Trillion dollars to offer me for having sat down for 5 hours to play the enitre thing!!!!" How would Nintendo pay you that much just to play their game?

Bub, be more reasonable and voice your opinion more rather than saying anything that didn't make sense, or just stop dragging it for so long time.

NineS

Smash Lord
If she gets in her butt needs to be perfect
Yoko Taro would fire the modelers if her butt wasn't perfect in NieR.
I expect Sakurai to be willing to fire the modelers in Smash if her butt wasn't perfect either.

They'll make it perfect. Have it surpass all the rest.
Only to censor it with a lot of shadows and a black hole.
Or whatever they did to Bayonetta and Palutena to censor them.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

View attachment 178398
2B would absolutely not work in SF moveset wise

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 178398
More waifus are always accepted.

Why are we here?
"Just to suffer?"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope there's a ton of bosses.
CONFIRMED:
- Galleom
- Dracula
- Rathalos
- Master Hand
- Galeem

PLAUSIBLE:
- Petey
- Porky Minch
- Crazy Hand
- Rayquaza
- Duon

That comes down to 5 we know, 10 from the plausible, and only 3/10 of them are brand new. That just screams disappointment, doesn't it?

Troykv

Smash Master
Disappointed that all the fun modes from the previous games are forever gone and that there's nothing worth unlocking except useless stickers for a mode that's a copy of Master Orders)!
Well that sounds like a decent reason to be annoyed about... but I don't know... you would just wait to see if we get New Modes with the free updates; the Smash Base Games focused a lot in the core elements (the gameplay, the classic mode, the charactes and the spirits mode) to make sure they're as complete as possible.

So... deal with it, at least for now...

Have a good day :3

NineS

Smash Lord
2B would absolutely not work in SF moveset wise
let a guy dream
they got her to work in soul calibur.
Besides, you know you can have her fight through the entirety of NieR with her bare fists, right?
Plus, this mod looks really good. Even if 2B sounds more like Bayonetta than herself...
"Just to suffer?"
Every night, I can feel my leg…
Disappointed that all the fun modes from the previous games are forever gone and that there's nothing worth unlocking except useless stickers for a mode that's a copy of Master Orders)!
okay, that stickers = master orders thing is just objectively wrong. no way around it.
did you not even see world of light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom