• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. Have we had a Marth clone beyond Roy at best, and he's a semi-clone to boot?

Cause so far, we've had at most 1 Marth semi-clone as DLC, and a completely unique character. Beyond that, we have currently one Marth clone, and one Roy clone playable now. BTW, Corrin was based more on Ike, who isn't remotely a Marth clone to begin with. And only slightly to help begin development. We have at most 2 Marths, 2 Semi-Marths, 1 Ike, 1 Robin, and 1 Semi-Ike. I also doubt we'll get another FE character, though it could happen if the character is interesting and unique like Corrin was.
People complain a lot about Corrin but she's honestly a really cool fighter with a lot of things that set her apart from the other FE reps.

Troykv

Smash Master
Would like to see Hector or Micaiah as character's in the game (Just as long as it's not another God forsaken sword user)!
Yes please; FE already use pretty much all it's spaces to create swords users and their echoes... please let's us have something else.

I would be specially happy with Micaiah <3

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Seriously the best news I've heard in quite some time.
Hey considering that Verge's sources have told him that Marth echo 987 (Katalina) wasn't in the game and that they looked throu a few files of character's who aren't DLC!!!!

I have a few other questions??????

Have Verge's sources looked at the files for the DLC characters who are confirmed???????????

And if they did??????? Then why is Verge being incredibly silent about all of this (Would really like to be disappointed alot sooner than wait a few more months to receive so much more disappointment)????????????

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey considering that Verge's sources have told him that Marth echo 987 (Katalina) wasn't in the game and that they looked throu a few files of character's who aren't DLC!!!!

Have Verge's sources looked at the files for the DLC characters who are confirmed???????????

And if they did??????? Then why is Verge being incredibly silent about all of this (Would really like to be disappointed alot sooner than wait a few more months to receive so much more disappointment)????????????
Verge's sources never looked through any files to our knowledge. Your post is entirely inaccurate.

Please don't spread misinfo like this.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So everybody's hyped about Kirby and World of Light?
The first moment I saw Kirby on that star of his, I knew he would be the one to attack and is the only time I’ll really say “Sakurai Bias”.

You basically kill off the entire roster and the character you make is the only survivor and the one you start off with, how much can you possibly get in a game like Smash.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

He's been pretty silent on smash news, presumably because nothing else has been presented to him and he doesn;t want to look like an idiot after getting kencinaroar right.

also that is an excessive amount of question marks

Noipoi

Howdy!
The first moment I saw Kirby on that start of his, I knew he would be the one to attack and is the only time I’ll really say “Sakurai Bias”.

You basically kill off the entire roster and the character you make is the only survivor and the one you start off with, how much can you possibly get in a game like Smash.
I think it's because Kirby's an incredibly easy character to learn so he's good to start with.

There's probably a sprinkle of Sakurai bias in there, though.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Unrelated, but I see you're rocking an avi of the one I suggested. :p
I said I would change my avatar to the most requested Granblue character. I am a man of my word.
(Plus Alexiel is one of my favorite Granblue characters, so I had no problem with her being my avatar anyway) ;)

Here's hoping Nintendo suggests Celica for DLC. Then I'd have all three of my favorite lords in Smash. :p
Originally, I was against Celica's inclusion in Smash. Not because I disliked her or Fire Emblem (that should be pretty obvious by now), but I had 2 other FE characters I wanted in instead (ironically one is still an assist and the other actually got in)

But now, I would be perfectly fine with her getting in (although I prefer Edelgard).

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I think it's because Kirby's an incredibly easy character to learn so he's good to start with.

There's probably a sprinkle of Sakurai bias in there, though.
mighty big sprinkle.. Remember last game where it was like "Hey Guys, I made Kid Icarus Uprising REMEMBER?" lol seriously though the man is entitled to shill his own work if he wants. hes earned it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Celica has, historically, been magic first, swordplay second.
and chrom's falchion is supposed to be ragnell's little brother sized but that wasnt considered there now was it

have fun with ginger lucina

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Yeah I actually think that his simplistic, mediocre moveset is actually something that goes against Sakurai bias. He's such an easy character to play, but at the same time that makes him nowhere near as good as the rest of the cast, and I'm sure Sakurai knows that

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I actually think that his simplistic, mediocre moveset is actually something that goes against Sakurai bias. He's such an easy character to play, but at the same time that makes him nowhere near as good as the rest of the cast, and I'm sure Sakurai knows that
I guess making Kirby OP in cutscenes is to make up for how mediocre he is.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
That feeling when you didn't preorder the game, because you still don't even have a Switch yet...
I probably won't get one for weeks after Ultimate releases, so you're not alone there. I just need the special edition and guide in my hands, and I won't care if all I can do is look at it.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
That feeling when you didn't preorder the game, because you still don't even have a Switch yet...
Might want to save your hard earned cash for something else this Christmas that has alot more content than Smash Ultimate (Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Spyro remaster look a little more promising than Smash Ultimate does at this point)!!!!!!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That feeling when you haven't used your Switch in three months and it's already breaking down from lack of use

:redface:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm so sorry. I hope you can get a Switch soon.
I hope that changes soon!
I hope so too
I hear ya buddy. I'm in the same position too.
Worst comes to worse, I'll be able to play the game starting in February, since one of my friends will have the game by then.
Yeah, same here, got a good friend who's likely to have it... Hope to play it with them and a couple of my other buddies. need to get some more controllers though...
That feeling when you haven't used your Switch in three months and it's already breaking down from lack of use

:redface:
I'd be surprised if I ever had that problem

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
No that's because melee was unpolished and kinda rushed. The fact that you can jump out of kirby's throws wasn't intentional. (thats not the only reason he's bad but js)
Unpolished and kinda rushed!!! Almost sounds like Smash Ultimate in a nutshell (Altough Melee has more fun/interesting content to offer it's players, so I guess that comparison is a little off in some regard)!!!!!!!

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Why is no one even considering Paper Mario for one of the 5 dlc? He's one of the only relevant franchises that still doesn't have a character representation and he already has a stage so Sakurai is aware of him. He also has lots of moveset potential similar to Mr.G&W

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why is no one even considering Paper Mario for one of the 5 dlc? He's one of the only relevant franchises that still doesn't have a character representation and he already has a stage so Sakurai is aware of him. He also has lots of moveset potential similar to Mr.G&W
I've been a long-time devout Paper Mario supporter.

It simply isn't going to happen. That's why.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That sounds, ridiculous.
I don't think Sakurai was thinking about ****ing bias in 2001.
Actually, he didn't want to include too much Kirby content in Melee to avoid bias. So it does exist as a thing.

...It just has nothing to with Kirby sucking in Melee, though. I mean, sucking more than he natural does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom