• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You think they would release a smash dlc trailer for ulitmate i feel like it would be way too soon
Depends on the contents of the trailer but I am hoping they wait for a bit. We just got our first DLC character announced not that long ago.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Was there anyone asking for more Marth clones to take up the DLC slots (We should stay away from the fighter pass and keep our money in our pocket's if Nintendo is going to pull the same garbage they've with Smash 4)???????
Meh, i'll buy the fighter pass how worse or better it can be.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, the worst part about losing Break the Targets though is that we might not have the Break the Targets themes from 64 and Melee.
I mean, to be fair, it's thrice the payload from Melee.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You think they would release a smash dlc trailer for ulitmate i feel like it would be way too soon
The earliest I can see them releasing a trailer would be at the Game Awards.

But even if we do get that, it'll be more along the lines of Mewtwo's initial reveal in Smash 4 w/ little or no gameplay.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Why do people expect that there will be a character reveal at the VGA's before launch? I mean Piranha Plant is the only DLC character that is said to have gotten a head-start in development, and the trailer itself has him to be mostly completed w/ it's moveset. The same cannot be said for anyone from the fighters pack. So I'm sure the next fighter trailer would be released for maybe early next year.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The way I see it, Ultimate has all of Smash 4's characters AND playable Chrom.

That alone warrants a purchase. To say nothing of everything else the game has.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why do people expect that there will be a character reveal at the VGA's before launch? I mean Piranha Plant is the only DLC character that is said to have gotten a head-start in development, the same cannot be said for anyone from the fighters pack. So I'm sure the next fighter trailer would be released for maybe early next year.
I mean if PP got a head-start in dev one can logically conclude so did the other characters to an extent.

They've had multiple months to get the character ready for a quick little trailer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Was there anyone asking for more Marth clones to take up the DLC slots (We should stay away from the fighter pass and keep our money in our pocket's if Nintendo is going to pull the same garbage they've with Smash 4)???????
I dunno. Have we had a Marth clone beyond Roy at best, and he's a semi-clone to boot?

Cause so far, we've had at most 1 Marth semi-clone as DLC, and a completely unique character. Beyond that, we have currently one Marth clone, and one Roy clone playable now. BTW, Corrin was based more on Ike, who isn't remotely a Marth clone to begin with. And only slightly to help begin development. We have at most 2 Marths, 2 Semi-Marths, 1 Ike, 1 Robin, and 1 Semi-Ike. I also doubt we'll get another FE character, though it could happen if the character is interesting and unique like Corrin was.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's 50/50. It's possible they'll whip up an early model for the first DLC and showcase them Mewtwo style at the Game Awards. The game will have been gold for about a month by the time VGAs happen, so they will have had the time necessary for such a thing. But showing your first DLC, as a Japanese company, at an American show that hasn't nearly the legacy of E3 is risky. It isn't like Prime 4, which has a largely Western audience.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's 50/50. It's possible they'll whip up an early model for the first DLC and showcase them Mewtwo style at the Game Awards. The game will have been gold for about a month by the time VGAs happen, so they will have had the time necessary for such a thing. But showing your first DLC, as a Japanese company, at an American show that hasn't nearly the legacy of E3 is risky. It isn't like Prime 4, which has a largely Western audience.
Seeing as Nintendo has revealed several of their own games at TGA I think the first Smash DLC character would be just fine.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I dunno. Have we had a Marth clone beyond Roy at best, and he's a semi-clone to boot?

Cause so far, we've had at most 1 Marth semi-clone as DLC, and a completely unique character. Beyond that, we have currently one Marth clone, and one Roy clone playable now. BTW, Corrin was based more on Ike, who isn't remotely a Marth clone to begin with. And only slightly to help begin development. We have at most 2 Marths, 2 Semi-Marths, 1 Ike, 1 Robin, and 1 Semi-Ike. I also doubt we'll get another FE character, though it could happen if the character is interesting and unique like Corrin was.
Would like to see Hector or Micaiah as character's in the game (Just as long as it's not another God forsaken sword user)!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's hoping Nintendo suggests Celica for DLC. Then I'd have all three of my favorite lords in Smash. :p

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Hehe controversial opinion:
Everyone is obviously allowed to like whatever they want and Idk if anyone even CARES about what I liked in the smash series...
But I really could care less about break the targets or home run contest.
If anything, I’m a little relived because I didn’t like those lodes and always hated having to play them over and over and over to unlock the challenges bc I was so bad at them:p
Would welcome a customized break the targets like melee had, but that was so long ago I barely remember it;*
I’m happy that they focused their attention elsewhere instead of on those modes.

For those who ARENT, I’m sorry and I hope you at least enjoy all the new features :-)

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Yeah bu it feels to soon for Nintendo early next year is likely cause its Weird for them to present a dlc chracther so close to to the release smash drops like a day after tga so it just so soon

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I agree with most of the points here.

But... how is Corrin a semi-Ike?

I get that they have some similar moves, but they have completely different playstyles.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's hoping Nintendo suggests Celica for DLC. Then I'd have all three of my favorite lords in Smash. :p
*puts in the chad hector instead, redeeming every fe inclusion*
axe time

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
I’d love Celica in Smash. Then I can finally answer, without hesitation, who Smash’s best waifu is.

Half joking, half truth

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still stand by Ephraim, Leif, Hector or Alm as the next FE character, looking at favorite choices of course.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
#NoMoreAnimeFemaleWiFuSwordWomenMarthEchosInTheGame (It's bad enough that Vergeben said that a Fairy Tail swordswomen cosplayer who's cell phone game didn't release on a Nintendo console was one of the DLC character's confirmed for the game)!!!!!!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
#NoMoreAnimeFemaleWiFuSwordWomenMarthEchosInTheGame (It's bad enough that Vergeben said that a Fairy Tail swordswomen cosplayer who's cell phone game didn't release on a Nintendo console was one of the DLC character's confirmed for the game)!!!!!!
This is just misinfo, not an opinion. Vergeben has stated Katalina is not at ALL confirmed to be in the game and his sources have not reported her as being in.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
2 things:

1. Vergeben never stated Katalina is in the game. That was Hitagi.
2. Hitagi has recently gone back and said that Katalina isn't in Smash.

So that's one less thing you have to be upset about.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree with most of the points here.

But... how is Corrin a semi-Ike?

I get that they have some similar moves, but they have completely different playstyles.
Ike was literally used to create Corrin's moveset. Same with Cloud's. Ike was a base. It's in a similar way that Wolf is a Semi-Fox by design. They're still unique, but used a character as a base.

Plus, it was more to reply to a user to get the idea down that Corrin had jack-all to do with Marth, but did legitimately get based off of Ike to some degree.

...Not that it matters, since apparently all FE sword users are Marth clones. :facepalm:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
This was a good change. I genuinely disliked the color coded hair.
Honestly, I wish they'd gone all the way. They made blonde F!Robin brunette while giving the red color blonde hair; the only alt that sticks to the color coding is blue, who should've inherited light green for the Merric reference.

D

Deleted member

The earliest I can see them releasing a trailer would be at the Game Awards.

But even if we do get that, it'll be more along the lines of Mewtwo's initial reveal in Smash 4 w/ little or no gameplay.
Unrelated, but I see you're rocking an avi of the one I suggested. :p

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
As long as orange hair girl Robin is there Im happy.
There's no ginger Robin.

The truly frustrating thing is that only one of Simon's alts keeps the default blonde hair, and yet despite six alts of varying hair colors, there's not a single redheaded Simon. The red hair survived four redesigns and nearly two decades, I think it's worthy of at least a single alt, Sakurai.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Celica has, historically, been magic first, swordplay second. Warriors is literally the only exception to that rule due to the fact that she was a last minute addition there.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
anybody here preorder the game?
I did. While I figure that there's going to be enough copies in stock for me to get one, games in Canada cost about $90 once tax is included, and I'd rather spread that cost out, especially if I manage to find a Ridley amiibo when I get the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom