• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Gosh darn it Nintendo. Why did you have to make her a playable character?

I don't want to have to punch/claw/impale/hammer swing/blast/ this adorable dog.
Would have been better if we saw Mr. Ressiti get an Assist Trophy upgrade in Smash Ultimate instead of Isabella (Considering his moveset wouldn't have had to rehash Villager's moveset for idea's)!!!!!!!!!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Might want to save your hard earned cash for something else this Christmas that has alot more content than Smash Ultimate (Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Spyro remaster look a little more promising than Smash Ultimate does at this point)!!!!!!
Spyro is out already and KH3 doesn't come out till January. Also I don't think we have any ideas about the amount of content KH3 has right now. Beyond that fighters generally survive mostly on mechanics, roster, and games like Smash stage selection. Which Ultimate has in spades.

NineS

Smash Lord
Unpolished and kinda rushed!!! Almost sounds like Smash Ultimate in a nutshell (Altough Melee has more fun/interesting content to offer it's players, so I guess that comparison is a little off in some regard)!!!!!!!
i legitimately hope you're trolling.
they've already finished the game for at least a month.
they have no reason to rush, and it's looking pretty polished. for the most part. Not to mention, whatever's wrong with it now will probably be fixed with the instant a patch is released.
not to mention, the game has been worked on since 2015, so that's approx. 3 years of work they've put into it. Which is surprisingly short, actually.
the "more fun/interesting content to offer" bit is objectively wrong (in terms of characters, anyway.)
I mean, you've got... Everyone from melee in ultimate, and the added amount of almost twice that roster.
Since this thread has been a bit tense, here’s a wholesome video to lighten the mood a little.
https://youtu.be/Pz8Dl7HjroI
Isabelle is pure. Not even Smash fan-art can change that.

Even if she commits tax evasion.

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Spyro is out already and KH3 doesn't come out till January. Also I don't think we have any ideas about the amount of content KH3 has right now. Beyond that fighters generally survive mostly on mechanics, roster, and games like Smash stage selection. Which Ultimate has in spades.
Honestly just go to his account and ignore him. It's not worth it anymore.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That's not what I was talking about, but thanks for reminding me of that blunder...
Umm.... Oops..
Might want to save your hard earned cash for something else this Christmas that has alot more content than Smash Ultimate (Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Spyro remaster look a little more promising than Smash Ultimate does at this point)!!!!!!
I'm actually pretty much fully satisfied with Smash Ultimate and I'm pretty excited about it...
Smash is one of those few $60 games these days that actually feels complete and packed with content... I can't wait to try it out...

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly just go to his account and ignore him. It's not worth it anymore.
Yeah seems so. Was funny at first but is just kind of tiresome considering how blatant and repetitive it's getting.

On topic do we believe we are getting anything announced at the awards or not at this point? What's the general consensus?

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
That's not what I was talking about, but thanks for reminding me of that blunder...
>When you're part of the original 12 but you get removed from the boxart instead of the cel-shaded version of a character already on the box and the obscure protagonists of an NES game.

NineS

Smash Lord
Umm.... Oops..

I'm actually pretty much fully satisfied with Smash Ultimate and I'm pretty excited about it...
Smash is one of those few $60 games these days that actually feels complete and packed with content... I can't wait to try it out...
I hope you're able to get a switch soon...! Smash alone seems worth it. I suppose the DLC being worth it as well is subjective, but I'm a sucker for smash in general anyway.

Any clue when you'll be able to get the switch, or smash?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah seems so. Was funny at first but is just kind of tiresome considering how blatant and repetitive it's getting.

On topic do we believe we are getting anything announced at the awards or not at this point? What's the general consensus?
The consensus seems to be we're most likely getting something Prime 4 related at TGA. Smash @ TGA is in a weird area.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman

I personally think it's too early for an announcement, but I could be wrong.

Troykv

Smash Master
>When you're part of the original 12 but you get removed from the boxart instead of the cel-shaded version of a character already on the box and the obscure protagonists of an NES game.
Being so close to Pikachu should be probably the biggest reason to do that, because otherwise it would alter the box too much.

Last edited:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
The very last thing you can attack this game for is “lack of content”. It has 74 characters, 69 of them being fully unique. It has 103 stages. It has over 800 music tracks. It has a story mode. All of this at launch - with more to come later! Tell me - how does Spyro top that?

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Ice Climbers are the mascots of the biggest multi-media franchise in the world! Hold your tongue!

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post; trolling
Umm.... Oops..

Smash is one of those few $60 games these days that actually feels complete and packed with content.. I can't wait to try it out...
What's in that game (Smash Ultimate) that makes everybody and their grandma's want to waste 65 or more dollars just to play something that has you doing the same thing over and over with nothing else to do whatsoever (With so many character's all rehashing one another's movesets and so many fan favorites fighter's being given the middle finger)?????

Is it mind manipulation or subliminal messaging that Nintendo is known for that's compelling you all to go out of your ways to purchase this one small game (I have to know as to why no one is listening to my warnings)?????????

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What's in that game (Smash Ultimate) that makes everybody and their grandma's want to waste 65 or more dollars just to play something that has you doing the same thing over and over with nothing else to do whatsoever (With so many character's all rehashing one another's movesets and so many fan favorites fighter's being given the middle finger)?????

Is it mind manipulation or subliminal messaging that Nintendo is known for that's compelling you all to go out of your ways to purchase this one small game (I have to know as to why no one is listening to my warnings)?????????
If you want people to listen to you then don't push your opinion on every single post you reply to, when it's mostly irrelevant. That's just gonna annoy people. Just some advice.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It's simple.

The Woomy
The Cat
And the holy Pup

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I cant wait to play too. Smash cant come soon enough! Still, its a bit sad, I will have to wait even longer for Piranha Plant. Good thing I got so many Pokémon to play with (and Richter).

NineS

Smash Lord

i feel like i've seen you somewhere
not that it matters, but what was your reaction to :ultpiranha:'s reveal?
Finally seeing something for that will be hype at least. I hope we see something for Bayonetta 3 as well then
I hope we see anything related to Platinum Games in the slightest. Metroid Prime 4 would hype me up without a doubt. Bayonetta 3 as well for sure. The only thing that can top those two that come to mind for me are anything Smash related or them announcing a few ports (mostly Nier).

But let's be honest, I'm going to love whatever Nintendo has to offer at the Game awards.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
o ho i see youve activated my trap card

i play "stop sakurai worshipping you sheep" and end my turn

idk **** about yu-gi-oh help
But.. but... Sakurai makes these games all by himself and definitely not with a paid large development team that gets paid to do this.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN????????????????????????????????
let me translate it into words you can understand.
and please don't use so many ?/! so often.
and the caps-lock mate.
:ultinkling:
:ultincineroar:
:ultisabelle:
Inkling, Incineroar, and Isabelle.

I love them, they're my children, I can't wait to play them.
I was :ultgreninja:'d in my own post.
Anyways, what I actually was getting at was that Yoshi's classification is a lot more complicated in Japan than merely "dinosaur." He's been called a dragon and an off-shoot of the Koopas before. He was inspired by Tamagon

I unironically want Tamagon for Smash.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

But that's just your opinion... I personally, think that a lot of time, effort, care, passion, and love was put into this game... The fact that they decided to bring everybody back with no cuts on top of a couple new characters already make this game truly special for me... I was legit scared that some of my favorite Smash 4 characters like Corrin, Rosalina, and Greninja were all gonna be. Luckily for me, that didn't happen. And getting Pichu, Ice Climbers, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer back were just icing on the cake...
The new characters look fun too... Personally looking forward to Inklings, Simon, Richter, Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyways, what I actually was getting at was that Yoshi's classification is a lot more complicated in Japan than merely "dinosaur." He's been called a dragon and an off-shoot of the Koopas before. He was inspired by Tamagon

It looks like a Yoshi's prehistoric ancestor.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
i feel like i've seen you somewhere
not that it matters, but what was your reaction to :ultpiranha:'s reveal?

I hope we see anything related to Platinum Games in the slightest. Metroid Prime 4 would hype me up without a doubt. Bayonetta 3 as well for sure. The only thing that can top those two that come to mind for me are anything Smash related or them announcing a few ports (mostly Nier).

But let's be honest, I'm going to love whatever Nintendo has to offer at the Game awards.
You've probably seen one of my complaints on a Youtube Smash Ultimate reaction video or one of my rants on a DeviantArt plant picture!!!

Also! My reaction to that stupid plant was me being being pissed off as all Hell to say the least!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

But.. but... Sakurai makes these games all by himself and definitely not with a paid large development team that gets paid to do this.
listen here you little ****

smash bad game
sakurai bad person
sheeple like you bad person
play fortnite instead, at least its a REAL fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom