• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Guys, I think I've got it. The answer is Ice Climbers. The entire description is for the ICs, from their original game. Don't believe me? Try it out in Masterpieces.

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. In Ice Climbers, you only have one jump, and your momentum is pretty much set once you leave the ground, so the entire game is the frustrating tedium of jumping platform to platform. So yes, you are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. Absolutely. There are no projectiles in Ice Climbers. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, You can't swing your hammer in midair so the Nitpickers are annoying, and they can follow you between levels of the mountain. And don't forget the infamous Condor at the peak, the ICs true nemesis. and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain. Your hammers are 1hit KO on all enemies! (I think, maybe 2 hits for bears?) But of course the trouble is getting around the platforms to actually hit the toppies and bears with them!

How's that for thinking outside the box? Alternatively, the answer could be Ridley, because he fits pretty well too :psycho:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
since SamPand needed help for this hint, they would think of something from a characters previous game to establish a hint

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think I've got it. The answer is Ice Climbers. The entire description is for the ICs, from their original game. Don't believe me? Try it out in Masterpieces.

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. In Ice Climbers, you only have one jump, and your momentum is pretty much set once you leave the ground, so the entire game is the frustrating tedium of jumping platform to platform. So yes, you are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. Absolutely. There are no projectiles in Ice Climbers. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, You can't swing your hammer in midair so the Nitpickers are annoying, and they can follow you between levels of the mountain. And don't forget the infamous Condor at the peak, the ICs true nemesis. and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain. Your hammers are 1hit KO on all enemies! (I think, maybe 2 hits for bears?) But of course the trouble is getting around the platforms to actually hit the toppies and bears with them!

How's that for thinking outside the box? Alternatively, the answer could be Ridley, because he fits pretty well too :psycho:
Holy crap. Holy freaking crap.

I'm being serious here. I think that you're right. It's the Ice Climbers.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman

I was thinking this as well, you beat me to the punch in posting it though. I think it has to be something alonth the lines of character's own games, for it to be a different kind of hint as SamuraiPanda said.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

*Looks at Youko's recent video* Good point. I changed my mind. It's Ice Climbers. You tipped your hand Panda when you said Youko helped you.

M@v

Subarashii!

I was going to say dk or ike, but panda said the hints going to be different. Are you Indiana Jones? Because you ripped right through that like Indy does with ancient writing. THIS POST WINS

10icebergs

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts

♥Now THAT'S thinking outside the box. Good job. ;)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Infzy, we could have been discussing it for days, but you ruined it.

But......

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine.
In the original Mario Bros. The jumping was stiff as hell, and landing on the platforms were wonky. This is also true in Donkey Kong to a lesser extent, though jumping on the elevators is a pain

Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing.
No projectiles in Mario Bros. or Donkey Kong

This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents,
Flies and Flares are a pain to get past. And who can't remember the Jack's? Those things still give me nightmares!

and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain.
POW Blocks, Kick's to your Tail, Weak Spot, and Wings, Hammers, and causing a foundation to collapse for you to fall 4 Stories onto your head. That's not painful?

It's Mario.....

Your move, creep

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
All right. Let's see. Hm... no projectiles...limited ju-

Oh, wow.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374

Amazing!:bee:

infomon

Smash Scientist
omg. you are right. youko JUST DID a game review on ice climbers on youtube.. he talked very scathingly about it too.you my good friend win this thread. i cant believe i didnt see it.

EDIT: here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgtXwoWOU4
Wow.... holy crap...... I guess I win :laugh:
Sorry if I ruined the week.... when I posted it I thought some of the other games would be just as likely...... in fact I was fighting a Mario which gave me the idea...... lol oh well.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
The only thing wrong with your way mmac is the fact that youko himself just made a critique vid on the ice clilmbers game. oterwise both would be viable. i suppose the youko part of the hint would have reduced no shadow of a doubt, but now it sorta makes it too obvious too early. VERY nice job with the hint panda, it is just sad that it got figured out so early.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Apparently the very last line gave it away.

Unless its a trap and they're doing Ike or something.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dude, just insert any character's name for all mentions of "this character" in the hints and you'll figure it out soon enough.

it's pretty much agreed that it's ice climbers, i hope panda will update sooner than normal, if it's right. :s

BBQ°

Smash Champion

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
You're too good ^_^

Tenki

Smash Hero
I predict the majority of this week's "speculation" will actually be full of people applauding infzy's post instead of actually trying to guess who the character is from SP/Youko's hint themselves.

i was trying to think of something to bs from the post to add some character variety, but...

...i'm far too tainted by infzy's IC deduction to think of anything else.

good game -.-;

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
*continues praising Infnzy*

This is like, Ganondorf Hint worthy.

Samuelson

Smash Lord

You have just pwned this weeks hint.

Top Bottom