• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Next hint:
This character has ground attacks and aerial attacks. The character can also use special attacks, including using the up-special for recovery. This character loses if you knock the character off the stage, but wins if the character knocks you off. Some people play as this character.
Can you guess who the next character will be?
Jigglypuff!

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Eh the description of yoshi is nice.
It says that he can be dangerous at times, but he can also be very poor, the little guy is very momentum based, and while he can go out, because of his defensive options if hes forced to fall back it's a problem for him.

I like the description =P, just wish a bit more meat to it though, but thats just me.

infomon

Smash Scientist
..... (you do know that that was the point, right? just checking....)

hint plzkthx! (or "new-style hint" or whatever)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Someone reminded me to do the hint. I guess I should get to it, eh? I want to do something different for this hint, but I'm not sure that I can do it right now.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Is it me or do you always say you want to make something different for the hint? :p

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, that's kinda obvious. Otherwise every character would have been Metaknight.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually all hints were - with the exception of M2 and Lucario - pretty much the same...

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I just read the past few pages of Yoshi bashing, and people hardly know anything at all about him. And some people didn't even list anything wrong with him; they just said he sucked. You guys should know better. Yoshi might be bottom tier, but at least give your reasons.

yay yoshi.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Someone reminded me to do the hint. I guess I should get to it, eh? I want to do something different for this hint, but I'm not sure that I can do it right now.
I got a theory, since your hint is so vague, you can chose another character to represent it and get a different result, even though it is essentially the same hint. You're going to regard this as stupid aren't you?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Use Game hints instead of Battle hints.

Like if you were doing Link.

This character wont give up, they are determined to meet their goal and anyone who gets in their way is brought down.
They are resourceful and powerful, while you may think you have taken them out, they will only come back again.
They're path will force them to draw blood, but for them it must be done.

Then you mix in some brawl stuff.

Works peachy and can make it even more tricky.

I mean the character thing coulda been Link, Ganondorf, Kirby (lawl), Snake, Ike, Sonic, Mario, Bowser, Samus.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh god, this hint is evil. I love it.

And like I said in the post, thanks to Youko for helping me write it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic.

If it is I'm a freakin God.

Well, frustrating to play as - YES
Trouble with platforms - YES
Trouble with aerial characters - YES
Lacks a projectile -YES (well..has the spring...)
Powerful attacks -Y...No.

No, it's Ike really.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would say DK, but his jumping physics aren't limited by the game's physics engine. DK's aerial game is better than Ike's.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Update #23: ?????

9/08/08

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain.
Thanks to Youko for helping me with the hint this week. You'll have to think hard to get this one ^_^
I approve of this hint.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Y'all are pretty tricky. Just as a tip to some people guessing the hint, remember that it says "the basic gameplay lacks projectiles". Ike's Up B is a vertical projectile and Side B has himself as one. Not basic by any means. Keep that in mind.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Or Ike, how about that? And DK is not as frustrating to play as Ike.

Edit: And his general gameplay lacks a projectile, while in DK's you can use his downB as a "projectile" more effectively than Ike's. Thus it is Ike.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Ike.

My only other guess would be Lucas because his projectile game isn't exactly "basic" and his upsmash is hard to land. Fsmash not so much though...

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are pretty tricky. Just as a tip to some people guessing the hint, remember that it says "the basic gameplay lacks projectiles". Ike's Up B is a vertical projectile and Side B has himself as one. Not basic by any means. Keep that in mind.
what side b a projectile it got to be the worst after the fludd or mario or water gun lol

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

*ENLIGHTENMENT*

It's the Ice Climbers or Wario. Wario's moves aren't ridiculously powerful, but he fits everything else perfectly.

Ice Climbers fit everything except for the projectile bit. <<

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
well assuming no AR characters are in this.... my vote goes to charazard! uneasy but thats what i think

well it's outside the box (sorta)

his jumps suck...

he has very powerful smashs and rock smash hurts alot

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
In retrospect it isn't Ike. Ike's jumping mechanics aren't limited by the game's physics engine. Charizard's mechanics are, especially gliding physics. Charizard also has powerful attacks that are hard to connect. Charizard does have a tricky time with aerial opponents since he is a big target. Charizard fits better.

Top Bottom