• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
so that is some good outside the box thinking, but is there a list of previous hints so we can see if they have done a hint like this before? I just don't feel like they would suddenly make a hint not really related to how the character is in brawl at all

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
so that is some good outside the box thinking, but is there a list of previous hints so we can see if they have done a hint like this before? I just don't feel like they would suddenly make a hint not really related to how the character is in brawl at all
Well, a good example would be Captain Falcon (being manliest while fighting isn't always going to win your battles). Since the choices of which one is coming is getting smaller, it would be a little more funner if critial thinking was being used even more for these last couple we're getting.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
so i come here, and I'm all like, "Who's infzy? What'd he say?"

Infzy is a very intelligent person. 5 frozen cookies for him. Bonus for actually playing Ice Climber. Popo without Nana ftl.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Crap... infzy made a really good argument. I can't deny that.

I still think it's Ike though.
(translation: I still HOPE it's Ike though)

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Guys, I think I've got it. The answer is Ice Climbers. The entire description is for the ICs, from their original game. Don't believe me? Try it out in Masterpieces.

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. In Ice Climbers, you only have one jump, and your momentum is pretty much set once you leave the ground, so the entire game is the frustrating tedium of jumping platform to platform. So yes, you are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. Absolutely. There are no projectiles in Ice Climbers. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, You can't swing your hammer in midair so the Nitpickers are annoying, and they can follow you between levels of the mountain. And don't forget the infamous Condor at the peak, the ICs true nemesis. and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain. Your hammers are 1hit KO on all enemies! (I think, maybe 2 hits for bears?) But of course the trouble is getting around the platforms to actually hit the toppies and bears with them!

How's that for thinking outside the box? Alternatively, the answer could be Ridley, because he fits pretty well too :psycho:

That was pretty epic man!

Youko thought he could mindgame us! Wait, lol. It's like exactly like the last SMYN where they talked about DSF mindgaming everyone in real life!

infomon

Smash Scientist
yeah guys

OMG Quickly!! Quickly!! Bury the evidence before somebody notices!!!!!
HAHA NOTHING TO SEE HERE MODS move along!! :chuckle:

Flayl

Smash Hero
The current version of the tier list is not solely based on hard evidence. But yeah the jumping mechanics sounded too unique to be anything other than ICs.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of Luigi...

Yeah, call me crazy, but his floatiness fits the first part.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL! Wow, I didn't even know this game thread existed. On top of that, I didn't reveal anything beyond "SBR is talking about ICs". Sorry for ruining the fun. I figured it was common knowledge that the SBR talks about all characters eventually. XD

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'M GONNA TELL ON YOU GUYS caps
Wait, so Dazwa was wrong about it being Dazwa. :(

LOL! Wow, I didn't even know this game thread existed. On top of that, I didn't reveal anything beyond "SBR is talking about ICs". Sorry for ruining the fun. I figured it was common knowledge that the SBR talks about all characters eventually. XD
No johns Buzz.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let me try to morph this one into Olimar.
This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms,
Every character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms...that are above opponents? Even Olimar?

and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times.
It's frustrating playing against characters that can interrupt his grab with a simple jab because it doesn't have grab armor.

This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine.
He's rather floaty, and floatyness in brawl is worse than in melee because there's no wavedashing to accommodate? idk

Plus, the basic gameplay against Oli lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing against Oli.
I stuffed in the hidden words that technically didn't need to be in there for the sentence to make sense. eh? eh?

This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents,
ok, this is a hard one. He's got trouble against characters that have disjointed hitboxes such as Marth, MK, and GaW when both Oli and them are in the air and parallel to the ground?

and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful,
yup, that's a dead giveaway.

landing them can be quite a pain.
At least against fast characters such as sonic and MK it's somewhat true...

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
It's Olimar of course. XD

Top Bottom