• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
donkey kong

lucarios kinda boring to play (wow, you mean i should do fair again? AMAZING), dk can turn around a match with one well placed fsmash/punch/spike, and theres not many dk's

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm thinking Ike is a viable possibility now... eh I don't like this hint anymore >_>

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It has to be Ike.

1. He is considered to be one of the nooby characters (Ike, Pikachu, Kirby, Sonic, ect) that you see like 1000 times in basic brawl.

2. His limited recovery is only the b foward and the b up which both are bad.

3. All of his smash attacks are laggy.

4. I've fought some really good Ikes b4 and I never knew that they could spam the f air so well. I always thought he sucked but he is like high tier.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
It has to be Ike.

1. He is considered to be one of the nooby characters (Ike, Pikachu, Kirby, Sonic, ect) that you see like 1000 times in basic brawl.

2. His limited recovery is only the b foward and the b up which both are bad.

3. All of his smash attacks are laggy.

4. I've fought some really good Ikes b4 and I never knew that they could spam the f air so well. I always thought he sucked but he is like high tier.
1-there is no such thing as nooby characters only nooby people

2 the best ike can hope for is bot of mid tier and thats pushing it

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
*Sigh* Go back and read the original hint.

If you seriously think Panda had IKE in mind while writing that, I'd like to invite you to start using that squishy organ residing in your head.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm going to guess Lucario. This is not because I think the character is lucario, but because I don't want to miss Lucario when he does become character of the week. And depending on the level of damage, Lucario fits into both the old and new hints somewhat well.

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Should be Lucario, Wario has lots of recovery options. A lot of the hint could work for DK as well but the wording makes me suspect it's not him, and the "underdog" bit and "dedicated mains" (AKA Azen) especially fit Lucario.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
uhhh, how much dedication does it take to play dk vs ddd?

thats proof of dedication right there

also, where'd you get wario from? his only laggy ko move is fsmash, and he has a whole lot of recovery options, and about half of southern california uses him, so there's a lot of mains that aren't really dedicated to him (they switch between him, snake, and whoever turns out to be good next), the only thing up there that describes wario is comebacks and a pressure game

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Well shoot. Now the hint seems to scream Lucario. Don't know how many Lucario mains there are out there, but everything else describes him perfectly.
Definitely not Peach, Sonic, or Pit, as they all have multiple recovery options.
Wario is more likely now, but he also has a lot of possible recoveries.
Zamus is still an option, but I'm definitely changing my guess over to Lucario this time

AlexX

Smash Ace
After the edit, I think I'm pretty confident it could be Olimar. After all, his only recovery option is a tether and his best KO moves are usually his f-smash and d-smash, both of which have some ending lag if he doesn't hit with them. The only reason this might not match is that his f-air and b-air can also KO, and aren't all that laggy...

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
After the edit, I think I'm pretty confident it could be Olimar. After all, his only recovery option is a tether and his best KO moves are usually his f-smash and d-smash, both of which have some ending lag if he doesn't hit with them. The only reason this might not match is that his f-air and b-air can also KO, and aren't all that laggy...
Did you just say Olimar and "lag on smashes" in the same line? He, maybe after G&W's dsmash, has the most spamable, least laggy smashes of them all. He also doesn't have an aerial pressure game. At least not a good one.

It's definitely Lucario. The fact that he mentions coming from behind as the "underdog" screams Aura. Lucario has a good aerial pressure game, somewhat limited recovery options (except on a few stages with wall cling), and a few very dedicated mains (Azen).

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Olimar has next to zero lag on his Smashes. Ever heard of the spinning C-stick of doom tactic? why do you think it almost works lol :p

Olimar He also doesn't have an aerial pressure game. At least not a good one.
Olimar has an excellent aerial pressure game. With his short-hopped Fairs and Bairs he has been known to execute a knock-off Ken combo, his Uair is a demonic juggling tool, his Dair is a functional spike, and his Up-b is yet another juggling option.

You must admit, that all makes for some mean aerial pressure.

I can't wait for it to be Olimar either, but until the hint says, "he could be God-tier... but his recovery sucks... hard" it's not going to be him lol.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Lucarriiooo. If you bother mentioning someone who has an advantage coming back, and some people placing really well (Azen), then yea. The other hints make a good bit of sense too. His recovery is limited since it is easily edge hogged, and his side b and front smash are punishable. (His tilts are amazing.)

Top Bottom