• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but
1. not much/not more than 2€ and
2. I wont announce another drop until right before the tournament, like a week or so.
I dont wanna make financial profit but having more money for calculating is better than having to little.

Luma

Smash Lord
you shouldnt lower the price and get some more tvs, since as fair as i know you only got tvs from other smashers, and thats def not enough ^^

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You should probably up the price, actually. I just checked the conversion from 7 euros/5 euros to USD and thats a retardedly cheap price for such a hyped up/huge event this will be.

Wtf <_<

also, wtf at only top 3 getting prize. top 7 should get prize for singles, and top 5 for teams, both events. if this actually goes near 120 that is.

brawl teams>brawl singles

plzzzzzz plzzzz plzz change this.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
You should probably up the price, actually. I just checked the conversion from 7 euros/5 euros to USD and thats a retardedly cheap price for such a hyped up/huge event this will be.

Wtf <_<

QUOTE]

I do agree with this, those are more prices for a smashfest or something not for a big tourney like this..

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Thats funny coming from an american who appearently thinks a temporarly weak euro makes this cheap and the guy who said he wont attend but then
(...)might be still going to this just for fun =o
I got rid of the mandatory payment of the full charge for every attendant. It would have ensured high pots while keeping the overall fee very small but the only-brawl players did not want to pay for melee and vice versa of course.

I think increasing the prices will not lead into higher pots rather than less people attending the money events.

Although... well, you guys are probably right. To make it more fair and step up to the big tournament expectations I think the prices for the brawl events will be equaled up to the the prices of the melee events.

Luma

Smash Lord
uck you got over 170 interessted people already with a limit at 128.
do you really think you wont get enough people, or do you just wanna "protect" some friends who doenst wanna pay that much?

Samochan

Smash Master
uck you got over 170 interessted people already with a limit at 128.
do you really think you wont get enough people, or do you just wanna "protect" some friends who doenst wanna pay that much?
Uh, the reason is room, there's not enough room for more people >_> He already had to relinquish the sleeping room for players

Luma

Smash Lord
totally not my point samo, read again

he said he wont raise the pots because there wouldnt be enough people coming then
i said he wont raise the pots because some of his friends prolly wont come then

Samochan

Smash Master
totally not my point samo, read again

he said he wont raise the pots because there wouldnt be enough people coming then
i said he wont raise the pots because some of his friends prolly wont come then
Uups, sorry. My bad.

Anyways, fee of 10€ is not much from 7€, but raises the pot considerably. At least add that sum for melee singles if nothing else, those who want to come will come, this is no deciding factor for those who cannot decide whether to come or not, it would be only a feeble excuse when the real reason lies elsewhere (like lack of interest, too much trouble etc.). So yea, raise the pot pls. :3 128x7 = measily 896, while 128x10 = a whopping 1280! that's around 400 euros more in total with as little investment as 3 euros more from each player, assuming we get the max amount of contestants. So pls, raise pots and then divide money for more placements, at least to 1-6.

1. 45/50%
2. 30/25%
3. 15%
4. 5%
5. 2,5%
5. 2,5%

Perhaps?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I got rid of the mandatory payment of the full charge for every attendant. It would have ensured high pots while keeping the overall fee very small but the only-brawl players did not want to pay for melee and vice versa of course.

I think increasing the prices will not lead into higher pots rather than less people attending the money events.
When I read it, I more get it like the brawl-only players won't attend melee tournaments and the same with melee-only like players won't attend brawl if the entrance fee is higher.

But I agree with raising the pots and sharing it to more players then just top 3...

Making the entry fee in brawl the same amount of money as melee should be good too, making a tournament all top brawl players to attend.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Kriz and I have bought our flight tickets.
So we'll come 99,99% sure. The last 0.001% is if we die, which we won't! ;)

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Confirm me and UchihaJP please. The ruleset looks really good now, at first I was like "lol crazy ruleset" and now it looks really professional, especially with that colourblind part lol. The only way you could further improve it now is change BF to FoD for random stages, but the rules are good as they are now as well. And you could get rid of stages like Corneria and Green greens, but who picks those stages anyway >_>

Tero.

Smash Champion
wow after Lawrencelots post i looked at the ruleset again ...

Legal Stages for Melee

Neutral Stages:
-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
-Fountain of Dreams(banned in teams)
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Mute City (banned in teams)
-Rainbow Cruise
-Poke Floats
-Kongo Jungle
-Corneria
-Green Greens

WAIT!WHAT????

FoD not neutral but BF is?
Kongo Jungle but no Jungle Japes?
Green Green still in?

wow ******** ...

ok i understand that Green Greens is in because "you like that stage" but what about the other stuff oO

Also: may i ask why there is stage striking for melee but not for brawl ?

Samochan

Smash Master
Okay wait, kongo jungle? Well there's many stages that go by that name... But hopefully it means jungle japes, as the third kongo stage is banned and shouldn't be played. I do think the correct name for jungle japes is indeed jungle japes and most known, and kongo jungle is the bright stage with water coming from background to foreground.

And what's with this anti-battlefield'ism instead of cloudshyguy Story? <_< The ledges aren't random, just don't push against it and you'll grab 100% of the time, dat easy. You can even walltech. Or is everyone anti-bf some fox/falco main who cannot take advantage of it's other good qualities (lol fox triple uairs whoo) or use the bad ledges to their advantage in edgeguarding? Or marth mains that don't wanna see YS go? >_>

I wouldn't reduce the stage number much, if at all. This ruleset provides cp's with diversity that enhance different characters abilities, however if a stage must go that would most definitely be green greens with blocks and camping, then jungle japes/corneria as they enforce camping and have hazards. But yea, it's good as it is now imo, only change kongo jungle to jungle japes so as to avoid misunderstandings.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
wow after Lawrencelots post i looked at the ruleset again ...

Legal Stages for Melee

Neutral Stages:
-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
-Fountain of Dreams(banned in teams)
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Rainbow Cruise
-Poke Floats
-Kongo Jungle
-Corneria
-Green Greens

WAIT!WHAT????

FoD not neutral but BF is?
Kongo Jungle but no Jungle Japes?
Green Green still in?

wow ******** ...

ok i understand that Green Greens is in because "you like that stage" but what about the other stuff oO

Also: may i ask why there is stage striking for melee but not for brawl ?

Wai...t what, did I really put kongo jungle in instead of jungle japes? oO thats truly ********, I will change this immediately. sorry my bad, of course its supposed to be jungle japes

But as for the rest of the stages, here is an explanation:

The list of stages is refering to the ruleset marc posted aka the "official" dutch tournament rules (faab would disagree) which actually have these stages:

Neutral Stages:
-Dream Land 64
-Final Destination
-Pokémon Stadium
-Battlefield
- Fountain of Dreams(banned in teams)

Counterpick Stages:
-Yoshi's Story
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Rainbow Cruise

I thought this stage selection is really good but there were still some things I disagreed on. NOT the BF subject, except for edges which are equally tricky for all (except the spacies of course lol) this is a perfectly fine stage imo but I disliked the fact of having FoD in instead of Yoshi story. Of course there are these nasty random interferences on YS like Randall McCloud and the ShyGuys but FoD favours Fox a lot more over other characters (i.e. CF) than YS story does. But its funny you dont go for that. Anyway.
The other thing I disagreed on was having only this little amount of counterpick stages. Marc mentioned having more stages would be unadequate since you could only ban one per player. But I really wanted to have more stages in to provide a liberal counterpick list so I went for something different:
I added an even amount of 4 additional counterpicks consisting of 3 stages regarded as not-so-balanced-but-still-okaj-in-some-fashion and one optional f*cked up stage - Poke Floats, not Kongo Jungle but Jungle japes, Corneria and the "you like that stage" Green Greens - and I'm giving the player the option to ban 2 stages.

(
General procedure of a set:
(...)
3. Stage Banning
- Each player/team may announce 2 stages in a 1221 order to be banned for counterpicks of the set.
• Stage Banning only affects the counterpicks. The players are bound to play on the first stage that has been chosen during stage striking but they are allowed to ban the stage for the rest of a set to be counterpicked.
)

Do you still think it's having these stages is ********?

Not having stage striking for Brawl has a simple reason. Once again I refer to Marc who helped me a lot to understand the precedure of stage striking. Its important you have either 5 or 9 stages for the starter stages to have a fair striking in a 1221 order and not have all stages striked. Brawl does only have 4 neutral stages, I could have add one more stage but this would have been irresponsible in regard of having a balanced ruleset ;)

Kinderkrankheiten Tero, Kinderkrankheiten... lies mal marcs erklärung zum ablauf stage striking, ist illuminierend.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well I thought that Kongo Jungle thing was a mistake but I was just like "WTF IS THAT" anyway ...

__________________________________-

@Benny:

Und ja ich habe Marcs Post gelesen, und ja ich kannte das alles schon davor, trotzdem möchte ich anmerken, dass Stage Striking letztendlich eine "Brawl" Erfindung ist und es eigentlich wunderbar klappt, deshalb sehe ich nicht warum man es nur in Melee verwenden soll. Einfach Lylat Cruise zu den Stages hinzufügen und gut ist.

Außerdem habe ich kein Problem damit BF in den Random Stages zu haben (Melee), im Gegenteil, ich finde es gehört da rein, aber genauso finde ich, dass FoD (und YS) da rein gehören, womit wir dann aber wiederrum ein Problem beim Stage Striking haben. Das Problem benötigt mehr Aufmerksamkeit, die momentane Lösung gefällt mir aber nicht.

Die Möglichkeit 2 Stages zu bannen ändert das ganze btw auch nicht, ich spiele Fox, warum sollte ich GG bannen? Ist mir doch egal ob jemand Green Greens nimmt, abver die Stage ist halt einfach keine Tournament Stage.

Außerdem möchte ich anmerken, dass meine Posts immer aggressiver klingen als sie eigentlich gemeint sind.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
stupid firefox, my post just died.
1. I will not allow Kongo Jungle
2. I want to provide more counterpicks rather than to few. this is why I choose 3 normal counterpicks & 1 weird one while giving the players the option to ban 2 stages. For the weird stage i had to choose between onett and GG, I picked GG for obvious reasons.
and no its not the same as items, person who allowed termina bay for teams on his tournament.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Tero: My German isn't good enough to write in it, but I fully understand your post and will respond.

Und ja ich habe Marcs Post gelesen, und ja ich kannte das alles schon davor, trotzdem möchte ich anmerken, dass Stage Striking letztendlich eine "Brawl" Erfindung ist und es eigentlich wunderbar klappt, deshalb sehe ich nicht warum man es nur in Melee verwenden soll. Einfach Lylat Cruise zu den Stages hinzufügen und gut ist.
It's true that stage striking was basically invented for Brawl and I'm not opposed to having it there either. The issue is that we only have 4 neutral stages in the Netherlands no one so far really has a problem with. Also, many of us feel we don't know Brawl well enough yet to come up with a fair stage list for stage striking. Adding a stage like Lylat Cruise to the neutral 4 and have stage striking would only be a small improvement, but it can be done.

Außerdem habe ich kein Problem damit BF in den Random Stages zu haben (Melee), im Gegenteil, ich finde es gehört da rein, aber genauso finde ich, dass FoD (und YS) da rein gehören, womit wir dann aber wiederrum ein Problem beim Stage Striking haben. Das Problem benötigt mehr Aufmerksamkeit, die momentane Lösung gefällt mir aber nicht.
With 5 stages, it's either FoD or YS in my opinion. I personally think YS is significantly less balanced, which is why I'd go with FoD. Battlefield is fine with me.

Die Möglichkeit 2 Stages zu bannen ändert das ganze btw auch nicht, ich spiele Fox, warum sollte ich GG bannen? Ist mir doch egal ob jemand Green Greens nimmt, abver die Stage ist halt einfach keine Tournament Stage.
Good point here.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is my opinion that Kongo Jungle 64 should replace Fountain of Dreams on Neutral in Teams instead of Battlefield.

As for banning Mute City some lagging in teams (when certain combinations of characters are in play, as opposed to FoD which almost always lags), it Mute City goes due to lag, so does Rainbow Cruise, which also lags for certain team combinations.

There is also absolutely no defense for having the following stages allowed as counterpicks:
- Kongo Jungle
- Pokéfloats
- Corneria
- Green Greens

Pokéfloats, Corneria and Green Greens are all superb counterpick stages for Fox and Falco (and they are used as such). They give these two characters a huge advantage. Corneria and Green Greens are also occasionally banned.

Why did I include Pokéfloats in this? Because of in combination with Corneria and Green Greens, it makes Fox and Falco super-overpowered, especially when Brinstar, which is never banned (as opposed to Corneria and Green Greens, which are often(-ish) banned) is, for inexplicable reasons banned.

There is absolutely no way Brinstar can stay banned. Brinstar is only ever banned in tournaments where the number of legal stages are 2 or 3 (Japan and France). So, unless you want to do just that, Brinstar has to be allowed.

So, in short, following changes must be made (no excuses):
- Unban Mute City in teams or ban Rainbow Cruise as well
- Unban Brinstar immediately

Unless, of course, you want a tournament tailor-made for Foxes and Falcos.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
This could be a possibility for me. My best friend is stationed in Germany for the army. So i could go visit like I've been wanting to do and go do this tourney too. Who knows!!?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This could be a possibility for me. My best friend is stationed in Germany for the army. So i could go visit like I've been wanting to do and go do this tourney too. Who knows!!?
omgomgomgomg

Looking for easy money?

:059:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Yuna: Rainbow Ride doesn't lag.
Do you know how many teams matches I've played on that stage?
And btw; I haven't ever played a teams match on Mute City without lag.
Yeah, I've actually played that stage in teams in several friendly matches.

Desperate strat to unban the stage you pick all the time, and unban a stage that lags
in teams all the time. Propaganda and bull**** ftw!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucario to win Smash Attack? I'm so there.

Yuna: Rainbow Ride doesn't lag.
Do you know how many teams matches I've played on that stage?
Rainbow Ride does lag. In fact, we discovered this when two Norwegians counterpicked it against me and whoever at a Swedish tournament. Depending on the team combinations, Rainbow Ride has the ability to lag. I was, of course, Peach.

And btw; I haven't ever played a teams match on Mute City without lag.
Just pick 4 characters that require very little rendering.

Yeah, I've actually played that stage in teams in several friendly matches.
So have I. And on Rainbow Ride. And I'll bet you good money that:
1) Rainbow Ride can lag.
2) Muty City has the ability to not lag in teams.

Desperate strat to unban the stage you pick all the time, and unban a stage that lags
in teams all the time. Propaganda and bull**** ftw!
I don't even use Mute City much. And I have nothing against Rainbow Ride. But the truth is the truth.

Ask your Norwegian buddies. After all, two of them counterpicked it against me and got lagged for it. It's funny how much the Norwegians love to play on Rainbow Ride, yet there are so many Norwegians who do not yet know that Rainbow Ride can lag.

Also:
Rainbow Ride does lag, I've played a laggy doubles on match on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom