• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
I really dont see why we have this debate, mute city and FoD both have lag really decreasing a fluent gameplay on most of the cahracter matchups. rainbow ride lags in one situation, maybe 2/not more than 3 with a character combination unlikely to happen. btw it's a common thing to have RR as teams stage (@Yuna&Luma: I never said I saw good matches on either RR or MC or else so this point is totally invalid)

Yes, you have 2 stage bans per team but this will be refixed to only 1 stage ban per team with an additional banned stage for teams.

^concerning all melee teams, more feedback please

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
ich liebe deine vergleiche, chris ^_^

but I dont think its the same since most additional singles stages would favor fox and lead to a win while having rainbow ride on in teams would just make 59 frames per second possible to be played when certain character matchups appear in doubles. so... uhm no, not the same ****

still awaiting more feedback, please

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I have little experience with 2 vs 2 on Rainbow Ride. It seems more consistent to ban it in teams if it lags for certain combinations, provided the lag is close to MC and FoD and this doesn't apply to other stages as well. Having it in some sets and not others because of character choice seems silly.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I can't believe you guys are gonna ban rainbow ride because of the small amount of lag it has

lolol

And I thought America was bad with stages

I've teamed with a Peach before, and was Marth. We CP'd Rainbow Cruise, the lag was hardly anything. We won the set. No raging over lag ever happened.

The lag on Mute City is a lot worse though. Which is why I don't see the point of this argument. Why don't we un ban FoD then, because there is lag on there too?

LOL

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Rubyiris: It's a discussion, no decision has been made. Individual cases and examples are meaningless.

I've talked it over with Ignatius (from the Ship of Fools) and he never heard about there being more lag on Rainbow Ride than on any other stage. He also pointed out (like someone in this topic did) that even Final Destination lags under certain circumstances. That lag is consistent and depends on character choice. The question becomes if RR is just like any other stage when it comes to this, or is more troublesome (like Mute City and Fountain of Dreams). Research is needed for this, but I'd hold off on banning it. However, it should be allowed or banned, no inbetween (banned in certain cases).

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Why is there no proof of this RR lag at all?
If it was that bad, it should be very noticeable, and easy to create a proof somehow.
As I've already told you; I've played a lot on that stage, and I've never experienced lag there at all. And it's just the same for the Americans, who've also used this stage a lot for teams by the years. RR has even been a random stage for teams at some of the American tourneys, and that would never happen if the stage was unplayable or laggy. I find it very unlikely that the stage IS worse than other stages when it comes to lag.

Luma

Smash Lord

but I dont think its the same since most additional singles stages would favor fox and lead to a win while having rainbow ride on in teams would just make 59 frames per second possible to be played when certain character matchups appear in doubles. so... uhm no, not the same ****

ok lets make it easier for you

we take singles great bay

and doubles mc

great bay cant be played against a fox in a pro tournament

same for same chars on mc

so both should be banned at all the time, right? basically what you said is, lets allow great bay aslong there is no fox/falco in the match

ofc you see this is bull****, so is allowing RR on doubles aslong as xyz isnt played

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I think I'll just wait with the "scientific" tests to see who wins the "stupidest post 2009" contest =)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
lmao

There is nothing wrong with RC. End of story.

ok lets make it easier for you

we take singles great bay

and doubles mc

great bay cant be played against a fox in a pro tournament

same for same chars on mc

so both should be banned at all the time, right? basically what you said is, lets allow great bay aslong there is no fox/falco in the match

ofc you see this is bull****, so is allowing RR on doubles aslong as xyz isnt played
This doesn't explain why RC should be banned

MC is fine in singles. Its only banned in doubles because of epic lag.

Great bay is banned because of how easy it is to camp there. Its heavily supports camping, and the circle on the stage makes it even worse.

If RC gets banned, somebody is messed up in the head.

Europe really needs to just get together their own list, like we've had for ages. This should happen as much as it does.

EDIT:

Why is there no proof of this RR lag at all?
If it was that bad, it should be very noticeable, and easy to create a proof somehow.
As I've already told you; I've played a lot on that stage, and I've never experienced lag there at all. And it's just the same for the Americans, who've also used this stage a lot for teams by the years. RR has even been a random stage for teams at some of the American tourneys, and that would never happen if the stage was unplayable or laggy. I find it very unlikely that the stage IS worse than other stages when it comes to lag.
I just played 5 sets with the 4 characters listed.

3 3/5 sets on Rainbow Cruise

One on mute city

and one on FoD

The small, insignificant amount of lag on RC can't be compared to the lag seen on mute city. We each used one of the characters listed at least once on RC as well. We didn't find ****.

I wish I had a dazzle or some **** so I could have recorded it.

the two well known matches played on RC are here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzpeJT_tX1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ydVnIhdoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOgJi18TWs

Luma

Smash Lord
the only reason gb is really banned is because of fox/falco lasercamping + running

camping is not a valid reason to ban, falco can camp on fd against nearly every char

so a matchup, lets say falcon vs marth would be fine, right? true, it would be campy, but thats why it would be a counterpick and not a random stage

Luma

Smash Lord
the only reason gb is really banned is because of fox/falco lasercamping + running

camping is not a valid reason to ban, falco can camp on fd against nearly every char

so a matchup, lets say falcon vs marth would be fine, right? true, it would be campy, but thats why it would be a counterpick and not a random stage

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

You make it sound as if you think Great Bay should be legal, lol.

Great bay is an awful stage for singles. It has a circle for one, which is bad enough. Some faster characters may simply run when a lead is gained, and Fox or Falco may laser camp one side of the stage, than simply run safely to the other upon the offensive players approach. Great Bay is completely broken.

Yes, true. Falco can laser camp on FD, as he can on many other stages, but its not nearly as bad as it is on Great Bay. Eventually, a good player will get into falcos range, and just lasering won't be enough. Therefore, that reason is completely invalid.

In this case, yes, it is a valid reason to ban it.

I don't see the point in debating this. Rainbow Cruise has been played on for many years no with no problems at all. I don't see why this stage shouldn't be legal. Infact, it used to be a neutral.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Isn't RR a pretty good staqe for Fox and Falco since its ceiling is quite low and Falco can shine you off the top?

l
The small, insignificant amount of lag on RC can't be compared to the lag seen on mute city. We each used one of the characters listed at least once on RC as well. We didn't find ****.
Doesn't matter, it lags.

And for certain combinations, the lag is constant and not merely when the ship crashes or whatever.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The lag is definitely not as consistent as you're making it out to be lol Its not even that bad

Like Marc said, even FD lags, as well as a few other legal stages. You wanna ban those too?

Luma

Smash Lord
onett was used to by played aswell

but that **** doenst matter, otherwise we would still play with items

btw tell me how to win with bowser against a falco on fd (the falco is mass gay with laserz)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
onett was used to by played aswell

but that **** doenst matter, otherwise we would still play with items

btw tell me how to win with bowser against a falco on fd (the falco is mass gay with laserz)
umm

Bowser vs falco, lol, bowser is one of falcos worst match ups. Its so easy to kill falco.

Its a bit annoying though if you don't use bowser, which I don't think you do. Feel free to correct me though.

Basically just be smart about your movements and stuff. Slowly inch up to his range. Wavedashing out of shield works well, being smart about your jumps also works. Once you get him off the stage, its litterly the end of his stock considering how well bowser can edge guard falco. Its tricky, but you'll get the hang of it.

If you get the chance to jump over the lasers and land right in front of the falco, he's most likely gonna block...he's gonna block because he's thinking you're gonna fair...so you claw him and it can literally be a zero to death or mindgame combo that does alot of damage

I personally love falco vs bowser :)

VA

Smash Hero
You know, Yuna might be right I have played a match on there where it lagged the entire time and it was disruptive. I don't there's any reason he's saying ban it except to prevent people whining when they counterpick it and have to restart the match and counter picks or w/e because of lag.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I really dont see why we have this debate, mute city and FoD both have lag really decreasing a fluent gameplay on most of the cahracter matchups. rainbow ride lags in one situation, maybe 2/not more than 3 with a character combination unlikely to happen. btw it's a common thing to have RR as teams stage (@Yuna&Luma: I never said I saw good matches on either RR or MC or else so this point is totally invalid)

Yes, you have 2 stage bans per team but this will be refixed to only 1 stage ban per team with an additional banned stage for teams.

^concerning all melee teams, more feedback please
this.

Rubyiris: It's a discussion, no decision has been made. Individual cases and examples are meaningless.

I've talked it over with Ignatius (from the Ship of Fools) and he never heard about there being more lag on Rainbow Ride than on any other stage. He also pointed out (like someone in this topic did) that even Final Destination lags under certain circumstances. That lag is consistent and depends on character choice. The question becomes if RR is just like any other stage when it comes to this, or is more troublesome (like Mute City and Fountain of Dreams). Research is needed for this, but I'd hold off on banning it. However, it should be allowed or banned, no inbetween (banned in certain cases).
and this.

end of debate plz, kkthxbye.

Don't be stupid, GB is banned because of the circle.

Luma

Smash Lord
in a lot of matchups, the circle does not give you any big advantages

just like in RR, not all matchups, but some

Kone

Smash Master
Looks like team UK may have ten people ^_^ - guys you want tshirts? lol get them printed unlike ros4

VA, me, joe, coey, Z, chrisboi, kman, fuzz, who else? did edwin actually say he was booking lol?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Bowser's overB is a grab?!?!?!

Don't be ridiculous, that's like claiming the reflector is actually useful :laugh:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The lag is definitely not as consistent as you're making it out to be lol Its not even that bad

Like Marc said, even FD lags, as well as a few other legal stages. You wanna ban those too?
What part of "For some match-ups" was too hard for you to understand? Actually, for certain match-up the lag is quite bad. Other stages with intermittent lag never lag as much as these match-ups on RR.

Kone

Smash Master
the tshirts will be blue with red printing. on the front will be 'team uk' and a union jack flag. on the back in red on the shoulders will be your name. theyll probs costs betwen £5-10, r people to prepared to pay so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom