• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, this looks fun. I'll get to it later because I have a couple things I gotta do first.

Just got home about an hour ago(WTF).

Shoutouts to Maria for running this and to everyone else for coming out and helping us all have a good time!

Edit: Will do official ones later obviously.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
LMAO. Get *****

yo wtf bro you been ******** for like 3 pages about this... if you lose you lose and get over it and step it up and not get bowsercided next time. You thinking "since the rule has been changed I don't gotta worry about bowsercides" instead of thinking "i need to put myself in a position to not get grabbed at all and win the match" was your own fault. No one cares anymore and seeing u keep going on and on about it is getting annoying. Either way you lost.
****ing listen to this guy, Sneak is so **** smart about these things, and he isn't even a ****ing douchebag about it.
Stop crying like a ***** Zeldarox. It's Bowser...why'd you get grabbed in the first place?

*CT*

Smash Lord
like when i beat him 7-8 times in friendlies he immediately snapped his controller out of the wii and walked away; didn't say good games; good bye; nothing; just walked away angry
he was obviously sandbagging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left before who won so I can't say x(

Also I might start working in the mornings from 8-4 P.M so if Brawl singles start at 5-6 P.M I could possibly make more tournaments occasionally (My boss needs some people to work mornings now and I don't care when I work :p)

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I am EXTREMELY salty about losing to twitch. Next time ya little **** ;) Good games to everyone I played.
Face us doc mains gotta stick together. Rep dem mid tiers BAYBAY

vZakat

Half Genie
Nah, I had to leave relatively early and had never seen you before so I had no idea who you looked like. Every time I asked about sleepyk, I got an answer like "I don't know" or "He left to go somewhere for a minute".

I retroactively know who you are now that someone mentioned you were drinking a gallon of water, but even then I only saw you a grand total of once.
Sleepyk was the Roy I dittoed and we were dairing a lot.

I'll be doing shout out's sometime tomorrow. GG to everyone. :)

*CT*

Smash Lord
:p I think I should actually try to get some training in for Melee :O

Gonna make a daily schedule x.x so I can get at least 30 mins of Bawrl and Melee practice in a day now....along with like two hours of studying a day (Engineering can be a pain)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
cause PP was holding up the Bracket. -___-
I went to get Cam at the earliest possible time I could so I wouldn't hold up the bracket much at all.

I didn't hold up singles because I dropped out of it and doubles for about 45 minutes-an hour but I'm sure there was plenty of bracket matches that were getting played in that time period. I'm sorry for the wait though and I would have understood if I had to take the loss.

I did get put into losers in double low tier, so it's not like I didn't get punished at all or something.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Drop the Bowsercide thing please, the decision has been made and the ruleset of the tournament backed the decision. If you don't approve then push for a change to the rulseset NEXT TOURNEY in the thread and we can discuss it then. Now is too late.

@Karn: LMAO you're such a jerk. <3

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
actually in his OP, he stressed that he wanted it to be recognized for any future events...

but if this is the mlg ruleset, then if i understand correctly, things were done right.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha <3 Mike G. Sorry btw if like I was kinda lame in my attitude in those friendlies we played at the end. I thought about how I sounded and it probably wasn't good haha. It was mostly because I've never seen/experienced those old-school smarts often and was working hard on figuring them out. =)

Can't wait for you to come visit!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm late to the party, but I felt I should say something.

There was another guy playing Bowser in tourney besides me? WTF?

Btw, here's an interesting topic to read regarding Bowsercides.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282863

If Bowser can do that, then he won't care about the rule. That doesn't relate to what happened to Mike's Zelda, but people should take note of it.

Personally, I've never been much of a Bowsercider. I've never Bowsercided for any of my tourney wins (Yeah, I actually have tourney wins.........just not against anyone notable lol). Bowsercides aren't even practical unless you have lower or similar percents, because the opponent has control too. They have their place, but they're nowhere near necessary for victory with Bowser.

Anyway, there should be no johns for losing to a Bowsercide that was legal under this tourney's rules........especially in a bad matchup for Bowser. It's commonly agreed to be 60-40, for good reason.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL PP. I didn't really notice anything lame from you man but OK. If anything, I can say the same thing about getting used to the new cutting edge metagame stuff today. no probs :)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Josh- It was fun not dqing you for being half an hour late and then 3 stocking your fox and falcon anyway while you complained about puff. My offer still stands, i will mm your puff with my falcon (or fox) for $1 anytime you want.
Wow, I was just gonna let you being a complete douche to me go and not talk about it at the boards but since you're gonna come on here and talk **** I'm gonna let everybody know exactly what happened.

So, several of us left to do things and we were gone for no more than 20 minutes. We received no warning before we left that the tournament was about to start, nor did we get any phone calls or anything of the like to tell us to hurry back. We get back and 7 of us have been DQ'd in our first round.

While this is obviously really stupid at a local tournament, most of our next round matches hadn't even been played, so reluctantly, Maria let some of us play our first round matches, but only after Karn showed her how little sense it made to DQ us. Regardless, the whole argument put me in a pretty lousy mood.

And then I have to play some Jigglypuff player? Awesome. I can barely take that character seriously anyway.

So I find Mahone, wait 10 minutes for him to get off the phone, and then spend 20 minutes convincing him to even play me. Really? You show up to an NC tournament and then complain about having to play a first match when you haven't played any of your other matches? That's huge disrespect and I was so insulted by your attitude about it that I didn't even want to play you.

So we go inside to play and naturally I'm not warmed up in the slightest, in an elevated state, and am EXTREMELY annoyed having to fight a Jiggs player with a ****ty VA attitude. First match I get Uthrow -> Rested twice. Super talent bros there. Second match I played Falcon and won. Third match I get immediately rested twice and pretty much just let it go after that.

So yes, OBVIOUSLY you earned your win against me under the circumstances. I didn't say a word to you while we played, and only after the match did I say anything at all. I honestly didn't really even give a **** about the set when we were playing, mainly because of my feelings about Jigglypuff and I'll restate what I said.

Jigglypuff is not a real character. No one respects Jigglypuff players. No one likes to play with you, and no one thinks you are talented...more than likely because you likely could not possibly beat most of the people you do without Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is killing Melee at a high level and she really ruins it in a lot of ways below that as well. What seems to be worse is that most of you have smug *** attitudes to go along with it, despite being actually terrible at the game.

With that said, I might money match you if I ever see you again but honestly I hope you and obnoxious attitude never come back. My sentiments on this having nothing to do with our tourney set. I cannot fathom trying to duck playing someone like that in their state when there is plenty of time and no reason not to play, and then being that rude about it. But you said it yourself; way to rep for the Virginia Douchebags.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Quick thing:

How many were actually DQ'd? I heard it was just Smith and maybe another person or two.

Are you sure it was just 20 minutes? I've heard it could have been up to an hour in length. Is it possible you lost track of time?

Is it worth it complaining about Puff this much?

Separately:

is half an hour THAT long of a wait to complain several times to a TO? I think there needs to be more consistency in DQs regardless, or more frequent calls made by the TO so that there are not repeated reminders to the TO about matches they cannot control happening. They should be making a few calls out though to be sure they don't unnecessarily DQ anyone though.

***Also, allowing a player to choose whether to DQ someone or not is a bad idea. That is a TO privilege.

Edit: Come on now Josh you didn't have to phrase that so harshly at all. That kind of retort reflects negatively on us man. Please try to calmly work this out.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
mahone gettin that super shoutout.

I thought you were pretty chill. Wrecked my ganon whenever I misspaced stuff or did something unintelligent. Good stuff, and I'd love to get better at the mu, and play you again.

edit: LOL at kevin talking about dq rules. Idk ur full story at all, but word on the street says you were holdin stuff up all day nikkaboy

Mahone

Smash Champion
Cool story bro, i like the part where you lied a lot :)

edit: Thanks true darkness, i appreciate it. The main thing you did wrong against me was that you stop using the platforms. The first stock you ***** me cuz u were wavelanding and dropping through the platforms and it was near impossible for me to hit you, but after i got like one kill, you let me dictate the flow of the match and played the majority of the match in the middle of the stage without abusing the platforms. Just watch kage vs mango on battlefield, and look at how he uses the platforms, i think you can easily implement what he does because you had very good tech skill and spacing.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
josh, are you really that unreasonably self-centered and arrogant? ...do you read what you're typing?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Yeah, mad uncalled for Mahone, even if you won, no matter how you won, that **** is uncalled for. Disrespectful too. Joshua Got ****ed over so hard at this tournament.

Is seriously no one going to take josh's side here?

seriously?

also, it was no more than 20 minutes because they were already DQ'd and walking towards the door coming into the venue after i lost to RJ in round one as i was going outside.

Also, people DQ'd

smith, Crio, Joshua, Lucas, jim, and manly or the other guy.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yeah, mad uncalled for Mahone, even if you won, no matter how you won, that **** is uncalled for. Disrespectful too. Joshua Got ****ed over so hard at this tournament.

seriously?

also, it was no more than 20 minutes because they were already DQ'd and walking towards the door after i lost to RJ in round one.
lol, were you there for any of it? Most of his post is a lie, but i don't wanna start an argument on the forum by pointing all of them out. Anyone who actually witnessed what happened knows who is being a ****.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord

seriously?

also, it was no more than 20 minutes because they were already DQ'd and walking towards the door coming into the venue after i lost to RJ in round one as i was going outside.

Also, people DQ'd

smith, Crio, Joshua, Lucas, jim, and manly or the other guy.
someone would take josh's side if he had said, "it was rude of you to act like you wanted to DQ me instead of just playing." what he did instead was exaggerate, attack mahone's character as a person, a player, and a representative of our state, and john hardcore. so... hopefully, no, no one will take his side.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Im not riding anything, Joshua's post was eh, a little harsh but he felt he needed to explain.

And i would be a little angry too if someone went into my states thread to brag about how they three stocked me and how bad i was. Whether it was true or not, Joshua has been in this community for four years and should be treated with some respect.

All im saying is mahone shouldnt have been so disrespectful and joshua would have never said anything, and yes, i was there for games 2 and 3.

Grow up keith.

lord karn

Smash Master
I think a large number of players were going to be dq'd until I told Maria it's a bad idea because it's unfair to those in loser's bracket. So I told everyone to go see if the next matches had been played and that if they hadn't, they could still play their first round. I do have to say that I overheard part of Josh trying to convince Mahone to play and he was really trying hard to have Josh dq'd. I do have to say I think that is pretty unbro and dishonorable. At apex I played greg in b+ like three hours after we were supposed to play. You shouldn't really enter tournaments if you don't want to play your opponent.

I don't really know what happened after that, though. But obviously mahone agreed to play, so that's good. I'm not going to complain about jiggs either. I like fighting against her, but I do hate watching matches when jiggs is involved.

Top Bottom