• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

lord karn

Smash Master
someone would take josh's side if he had said, "it was rude of you to act like you wanted to DQ me instead of just playing." what he did instead was exaggerate, attack mahone's character as a person, a player, and a representative of our state, and john hardcore. so... hopefully, no, no one will take his side.
yeah, josh's post was harsh, but he was responding to a harsh post by mahone, so, everything but the jiggs johning was justified, methinks

edit: double post ftw

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
mahone gettin that super shoutout.

I thought you were pretty chill. Wrecked my ganon whenever I misspaced stuff or did something unintelligent. Good stuff, and I'd love to get better at the mu, and play you again.

edit: LOL at kevin talking about dq rules. Idk ur full story at all, but word on the street says you were holdin stuff up all day nikkaboy
Man people must have been salty about Brawl doubles and Melee low tier doubles or something.

LIKE I ALREADY SAID, Yay was scheduled to get Cam and I thought Yay had the situation under control, but Cam was calling me because it had been a while since he had been ready to leave and Yay had not left(not blaming Yay, this is just what happened....Yay could have been strapped for time constantly idk). I had played some Brawl doubles sets already and figured I would have time to go get Cam(just Chapel Hill) and make it back without TOO MUCH of a delay....

Welll.....

Cam's directions sent me in weird circles around his complex until I got there, and then Cam himself took like 10 minutes to get to me as I waited for him. Roadwork stopped me for a good 5 at least on the way back as well.

None of that helped either.

So yeah, it took a while but not as long as it's being made out to be. I'm very sorry I held up the tournament but I don't think it would have gone THAT much faster had I been there. Smith and I were sent to losers in Melee LT(a fair call imo), and I would have understood if I had been sent to losers in Brawl doubles as well, but the bracket was going along fine in that the whole time I was gone I'm pretty sure.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Cool story bro, i like the part where you lied a lot :)
And now you're going to call me a liar? Wooooow, **** you. Seriously. Please point out anything I lied about in my post.

Kevin: There were 7 of us that left, and I know for a fact that Jim, Lucas, Crio, Smith, Ocean and I were all DQ'd when we got back.

We were definitely gone no more than 30 minutes. I am fairly positive.

And where am I complaining about the Puff match up? I'm talking about the character as a whole. She is killing Melee; Armada and M2K and tons of other top level players all feel the same way.

And my retort is completely based off of the kind of **** attitude I got from Mahone.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I was salty cuz I was waiting for mekos to be done so I could get back to my girl in gboro. Didn't plan on it being 1 am.

and it wasn't like there were a lot of melee setups going on to keep me particularly entertained and garnering experience either. Cuz for a time even the setup I brought was changed cuz we didn't even have space to put more setups. I had great time and opportunity to do things like learn the jiggs matchup, but didn't feel like being in a 5 man rotation for it...

anyway, I was tired. And I heard you were the holdup. That is all.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
And now you're going to call me a liar? Wooooow, **** you. Seriously. Please point out anything I lied about in my post.

Kevin: There were 7 of us that left, and I know for a fact that Jim, Lucas, Crio, Smith, Ocean and I were all DQ'd when got back.

And where am I complaining about the Puff match up? I'm talking about the character as a whole. She is killing Melee; Armada and M2K and tons of other top level players all feel the same way.

And my retort is completely based off of the kind of **** attitude I got from Mahone.
Crio and Ocean had to play each other, so they couldn't have been DQ'd. Are you sure it was really all of those people? May want to double-check the actual results.

30 minutes seems to be the accepted time value by both parties, so let's use that. I believe that 30 minutes is acceptable to wait for a match, but much longer is TO discretion. I guess it's all TO discretion really, but there should be a baseline for how long a wait is minimally. I say this because I would not want a TO to be asked if their match has arrived several times. Let the TO make the call on their own. To do that though, you need some kind of standard(it can be a loose one, like I said) to adhere to so that people will at least get off your back for that period of time and your job will flow as easily as it can.

Did I say matchup? I meant Puff in general. That stuff is irrelevant and only serves to belittle the player and has no bearing on the actual issue at hand. I will say though that puff is not broken and no one believes it so everyone needs to learn to just fight the character. Take all questions/discussion about this to HLS.

Edit @ Chris: Well man, I'm really sorry about that then. I didn't try to do that to you. =(

Mahone

Smash Champion

Kevin: There were 7 of us that left, and I know for a fact that Jim, Lucas, Crio, Smith, Ocean and I were all DQ'd when got back.

I'll make you a deal, if i can absolutely prove that you lied at least once in your post. You formally apologize to to me and admit that you are a liar. Deal?

lord karn

Smash Master
Maria said something along the lines of everyone that had left was dq'd. I don't think she knew specifically who she dq'd, so I don't think she was aware that they had to play first round. I think she just told someone who said their opponent was gone that everyone not there was to be dq'd. I don't really know exactly.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'll make you a deal, if i can absolutely prove that you lied at least once in your post. You formally apologize to to me and admit that you are a liar. Deal?
even if you prove that one thing he said was a lie it doesn't discredit anything else he said. . .

edit: double post champion!!!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
If there is anything inaccurate about my post, it would be lengths of time, which are always kinda stretched when you're...like that. I'm almost positive we were gone for no more than half an hour. I saw you outside on the phone before I even knew who you were, was finally told who you were, found you outside and then waited a while longer before you were off the phone. Guessing that was about 10 minutes. I know I argued/tried to get you to play me for at least 10 to 20 minutes, and Karn (like he said in his post) was witness to that.

And no, I will not formally apologize to you under any circumstance because I have said or done nothing that warrants an apology and I'm growing to dislike you almost as much as I dislike your character.

EDIT: And yes, exactly what Karn said.

And yes, exactly what Smith said. Some of the people who were DQ'd ended up getting to play their match, but it was because they were either set to play each other or had to scramble to find their first round and then talk them into playing.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, I think the waveland bair off platforms is what works best. Somehow I think after that, I got overconfident, and then lazy. I haven't adjusted to being really mental about this game yet, but it's fun, and keeping the focus I seemed to have at the beginning there is my next step for sure.

I appreciate the input, and I look forward to facing you some time in the future. I've got family in blacksburg, so maybe one time I can come to a tourney up there. You foxlisk kp and redd are cool ppl, and it'll be good to see yall again and meet some others.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Did I say matchup? I meant Puff in general. That stuff is irrelevant and only serves to belittle the player and has no bearing on the actual issue at hand. I will say though that puff is not broken and no one believes it so everyone needs to learn to just fight the character. Take all questions/discussion about this to HLS.
How is it irrelevant that Jiggs is ruining Melee? Nobody likes to play against her or watch her. For most people (pros and non pros, as well as non smashers), she's a complete turn off about the game.

EDIT: Don't get the thread closed, Keith. I've got plenty of other things to say about this tournament when I have time.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
And yes, exactly what Smith said. Some of the people who were DQ'd ended up getting to play their match, but it was because they were either set to play each other or had to scramble to find their first round and then talk them into playing.
Should just be a TO decision imo.

This may help: did you tell Maria you would be gone for a bit? That may have made things easier, especially considering the number of people you took that were entered in singles and no one had played bracket matches yet so they al did hold up the tournament.

Edit: Josh, not the time for that part of the discussion.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i love playing against puff and watching puff videos. i think it's an interesting dimension of the game.

further, jigglypuff is part of the game. if you don't like that, stop playing. you don't get to play the game only on your own terms if you want to compete with the rest of the community.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Should just be a TO decision imo.

This may help: did you tell Maria you would be gone for a bit? That may have made things easier, especially considering the number of people you took that were entered in singles and no one had played bracket matches yet so they al did hold up the tournament.

Edit: Josh, not the time for that part of the discussion.
I didn't know where Maria was. I was getting rushed out the door from some friendlies as is and everyone was waiting for me when I got out there.

And don't worry, Kevin. That'll wait till tomorrow.

Foxlisk: Whoever you are, you sound as if you'd also enjoy watching molasses pour or masturbating with a cheese grater because that's about how fun Jiggs is to watch/play against.

Sneak: Have you ever tried fighting Jiggs with Fox with no warm up? It really blows.

*CT*

Smash Lord
How is it irrelevant that Jiggs is ruining Melee? Nobody likes to play against her or watch her. For most people (pros and non pros, as well as non smashers), she's a complete turn off about the game.
Get used to it? It won't ever change, I think we all know that :p
Always DI that upthrow on Jiggs man, even I know that :o . Kinda your fault for letting him do it to you 4 times imo.

@PP- "Man people must have been salty about Brawl doubles and Melee low tier doubles or something. "

I'm only salty about you picking up Cam cause it delayed Brawl singles from starting.... I ended up leaving at 12:30 A.M after I lost my matches and drove home, but about 20 miles away from home I actually fell asleep on the wheel for like an hour x.x

I made it back home safely but I thought that I'd get finished (Knocked out of brax) by 10 P.M so I could make it back home by midnight. Then again its not really your fault either since Brawl doubles didn't start on time.

@Mike G- Nah I thought it'd be like everything but Asian xD (Nice seeing you again btw, last time I saw you was in Daft's car ;) at Pound 4)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
josh your overgeneralizing makes me sad inside.

I like to play against jiggs. I like the mental battle this game provides. Jiggs, like any other character, provides the mental battle. To force openings, to not leave urself open, to predict opponents trying to predict you, and to punish mistakes. So puff, with good reaction and bad DI from the opponent, can take one punish into a KO. So can falco. That's why you play him, isn't it?

Just cause it's not technical doesn't make it less mental.

I'm sleepin now. Enjoy yourselves.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Nah jiggs is boring as hell to watch and play vs and I'm not even gonna sit here and act like it isn't. She's one of the most un-fun characters to play vs but Idc... I can usmash at like 50 and win lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I may not like playing against jiggs etc but I respect the people that play her. I tell that to Hungrybox all the time, we're still cool lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know where Maria was. I was getting rushed out the door from some friendlies as is and everyone was waiting for me when I got out there.

And don't worry, Kevin. That'll wait till tomorrow.
Rushed or not, it's best to tell the TO if you're going to be gone for a while. I take my own blame for this in Brawl singles(which I would have been fine getting DQ'd from....Maria could have called me to be sure I was gonna be gone for a while/understood the implications of my actions, but that's a separate issue).

And as long as you're talking about puff then that's cool bro.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I think anyone from GA would have said that.

Also awesome Ash cosplay Sleepy :O I wasn't expecting you to be asian xD
What did you think he was? White?

LOL!
I've gotten "I thought you were white" so many times

it was especially common when I hadn't gone to many out of states and I was just being RacistK all the time.
My first meeting with Kevin?
"Wow, sleepy, i thought you were white... cause.. you know, the racism..."

Also, Jigglypuff is a good character.

edit: thanks kadaj, spreading that truth

moo: no u

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Hello! Wow :)
gonna straighten some things out tomorrow but too busy playing some halo wiff Michael rite nao <3
basically, did NOT DQ 7 people lmao.
It is not my responsibility to call people. You are at a tournament, be aware of tourney times.
I had tons of people asking me: "hey do I have time to do whatever before my matches?"
that is what you should have done. Sorry if I have no sympathy, especially since you all went out to get high in the middle of a tournament.
Much more to say, but I am going to go enjoy Michael and I's evening cause he has to go to work tomorrow :(

Mahone

Smash Champion
If there is anything inaccurate about my post, it would be lengths of time. I'm almost positive we were gone for no more than half an hour. I saw you outside on the phone before I even knew who you were, was finally told who you were, found you outside and then waited a while longer before you were off the phone. Guessing that was about 10 minutes. I know I argued/tried to get you to play me for at least 10 to 20 minutes, and Karn (like he said in his post) was witness to that.

And no, I will not formally apologize to you under any circumstance because I have said or done nothing that warrants an apology and I'm growing to dislike you almost as much as I dislike your character.
Are you suggesting that the lengths of time are insignificant? Thats kinda a weird thing to say, seeing as how thats a major part of your argument for not being disqualified. Also you did insult me while we were playing but its fine dude. I don't want to argue, you win....

Guys, this is what really happened, i don't care what anyone says so don't argue with me:

Chapter 1:

Josh came up to me and told me i had to play, while i was being a **** talking on my cellphone to my mom, helping her fix her computer because she had to use it to make sure i could get my rent payed (god im such a ****).
Even though he was only 5 seconds late, i tried my hardest to dq him after spending Saturday AND Sunday on the phone (also, there was NO WAY that i was just giving him a hard time for being late and trolling him because i have NEVER trolled anyone on smashboards)
Oh and also, when i told maria he wasn't here, she told me if he wasn't there in ten minutes he was dqd. After waiting 15 minutes i asked her where he was and she told me to dq him, and the worst part was, i definately DID NOT tell her that i didn't mind and didn't want to dq him and i definately DID NOT wait 20 more minutes for him to show up.

Chapter 2:

I was a complete **** and dqd him.
Then we played a seriously to see what would of happen and he ***** me the first match.
Second match i switched to falcon and spammed knees when i shouldn't of had so i won barely on my counterpick.
Third match he clearly had caught on to all of my patterns and realized i didnt know how to correctly downthrow ->knee so i three stocked him. (and i definitely did not say anything mean to him while i was getting *****)
Then afterwards, i asked him "so, when are you going to learn a real character?" while i made myself feel really manly by kneeing a level one fox.
And then he had the nerve to tell me why i had lost the third match and what i had done wrong and tried to help me, but what he didn't realize is that i didn't do ANYTHING wrong and he only won because his charcter is broken so i made sure to tell him that.
Then that ****** decided to prove the character was not broken by offering to switch the matchup and mming even though he doesn't even play my character at all.
I was so exited at this opportunity for free money, i sat there in silence for a minute while feeling manly by kneeing MORE level 1 foxes before saying... "i might take you up on that", but i whispered it cuz i was so confident.

The End

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Chris: There is nothing mental about Uthrow -> Rest. And when I said no one likes to player, I meant that, the OVERWHELMING general consensus among pros especially that I have talked to (read: those people that go to those big tournaments you haven't been to) is **** Jigglypuff. Also, I would probably enjoy fighting Jiggs a lot more if I played Ganon, being that she becomes twice as easy to kill and you typically outrange her and benefit greatly from trading with her. You can't miss one L cancel on shield, get shield grabbed, and die at 10% with Ganon.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hello! Wow :)
gonna straighten some things out tomorrow but too busy playing some halo wiff Michael rite nao <3
It is not my responsibility to call people. You are at a tournament, be aware of tourney times.
I had tons of people asking me: "hey do I have time to do whatever before my matches?"
that is what you should have done. Sorry if I have no sympathy, especially since you all went out to get high in the middle of a tournament.
Much more to say, but I am going to go enjoy Michael and I's evening cause he has to go to work tomorrow :(
"Call people" Does this mean by phone or just yelling for them? If it's by phone then yeah that's fair(and I'll assume it's a response to either that part of my post or part of the 7 man DQ thing) but if it's about yelling/trying to get people to play then I dunno, but it seemed like you were doing that anyway so I guess you mean by phone.

Either way, there's some of the other side.

DJRome

Smash Hero
if u get grabbed, u did not win the mind game. all characters can punish some characters to death for 1 mistake. whoever is playing better will almost always win. if you make mistakes, you should take responsibility and not marvel at the ease of use. people find certain things easier as well. i don't think many people can say that a character is "easy" and then find that it's not an overwhelming representation at the top in tournaments that offer thousands of dollars while still thinking no thought is involved.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
It is not my responsibility to call people.
Jim, Crio, Smith, Ocean, Lucas, and myself were all DQ'd when we came back. So there was at least an attempt to DQ 6 people. No DQ's for anyone else for the rest of the day though regardless of how long they held up brackets or how much more crunched we were for time.

And yes, it is actually. Part of being a TO is paying close attention to the progress of matches getting played and making sure they get played.

Top Bottom